joewilly12

95 members have voted

1. 1. Mariota or Winston

• Mariota
    • Winston

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well let's just see if one of them is there when we pick or within reach if we reach.  This train wreck of a franchise since Idzik took over can't get any worse (not assigning blame stating a facts).  Taking one of these guys and redshirting him behind a FA vet will at least restore my morale.  We as fans deserve that much.  If neither is there then LT or WR or if opportunity arises, move back.  

ps: I pray Idzik has already conducted his final Jets FA/draft.  Oh yeah I also hated how he foisted Winters on us for a season and a half, and those 2013 WRs, geez.  I do admit I'm guilty of hoping he knew what he was doing.

pps: if push came to shove, Winston.

Well let's just see if one of them is there when we pick or within reach if we reach.  This train wreck of a franchise since Idzik took over can't get any worse (not assigning blame stating a facts).  Taking one of these guys and redshirting him behind a FA vet will at least restore my morale.  We as fans deserve that much.  If neither is there then LT or WR or if opportunity arises, move back.  

ps: I pray Idzik has already conducted his final Jets FA/draft.  Oh yeah I also hated how he foisted Winters on us for a season and a half, and those 2013 WRs, geez.  I do admit I'm guilty of hoping he knew what he was doing.

pps: if push came to shove, Winston.

Watched both. Winston no doubt. Sets his feet & fires much more confidently than Mariota in the pocket but can also run if he has to.

He had a play where he took off out of the pocket & his speed with a bad ankle shocked me.

Unfortunately the Oline was called for holding but that's an added dimension that is huge in the NFL.

Andrew Luck does this all the time but refs don't consider him a "running QB" because he always runs straight & slides immediately at the 1st defender that challenges him. He doesn't try to juke people like RG3 or Kapernick.

That's how u teach a QB in the NFL to play & the reason for that is they don't take unnecessary hits, and refs will still call roughing the passer penalties.

Winston might be immature but I like his "football skills" better than Mariota.

Watched both. Winston no doubt. Sets his feet & fires much more confidently than Mariota in the pocket but can also run if he has to.

He had a play where he took off out of the pocket & his speed with a bad ankle shocked me.

Unfortunately the Oline was called for holding but that's an added dimension that is huge in the NFL.

Andrew Luck does this all the time but refs don't consider him a "running QB" because he always runs straight & slides immediately at the 1st defender that challenges him. He doesn't try to juke people like RG3 or Kapernick.

That's how u teach a QB in the NFL to play & the reason for that is they don't take unnecessary hits, and refs will still call roughing the passer penalties.

Winston might be immature but I like his "football skills" better than Mariota.

What did you watch one game? He's awful and makes terrible throws. DBs falling down so your receivers are wide open and zero pressure makes it a little easier to play.

What did you watch one game? He's awful and makes terrible throws. DBs falling down so your receivers are wide open and zero pressure makes it a little easier to play.

Nope, watched both all the way through. Mariota makes most of his throws on the run, you don't see that much in the NFL.

Mariota doesn't even set his feet in the pocket.

Now if you tell me that we hire an innovative college coach like Chip Kelly, put in an offense similar to what Washington did with RG3 his 1st year then I'm totally on board with Mariota. That would be exciting as hell!

I don't think Mariota is as fragile as RG3.

It was just my observation that Winston was better from the pocket. Honestly, I don't watch much college ball & my 1st observation of both was how do you critic these guys when they throw to WIDE OPEN receivers?

My god the shear amount of bubble screens & 3 wide receiver stacks & guys that open it's just strange. Must be like night & day when these guys step out onto an NFL field at camp.

Nope, watched both all the way through. Mariota makes most of his throws on the run, you don't see that much in the NFL.

Mariota doesn't even set his feet in the pocket.

Now if you tell me that we hire an innovative college coach like Chip Kelly, put in an offense similar to what Washington did with RG3 his 1st year then I'm totally on board with Mariota. That would be exciting as hell!

I don't think Mariota is as fragile as RG3.

It was just my observation that Winston was better from the pocket. Honestly, I don't watch much college ball & my 1st observation of both was how do you critic these guys when they throw to WIDE OPEN receivers?

My god the shear amount of bubble screens & 3 wide receiver stacks & guys that open it's just strange. Must be like night & day when these guys step out onto an NFL field at camp.

Winston will be a turn over machine in the pros. He can't read or make adjustments to defense, can't handle pressure and makes awful throws. Benjamin bail them out a lot last year and it showed all season.

Winston will be a turn over machine in the pros. He can't read or make adjustments to defense, can't handle pressure and makes awful throws. Benjamin bail them out a lot last year and it showed all season.

Winston goes through his progressions better than any quarterback in this draft, mainly becuase he's one of the few who actually runs a pro-style offense. He's also the least likely to leave the pocket.  Outside of Russell Wilson who played with a historical defense, shouldn't we all be terrified of the type of quarterback that Marriotta is?  I still think you draft him, but these QBs who have running as such a large percentage of their game do not do well in the NFL.

Winston goes through his progressions better than any quarterback in this draft, mainly becuase he's one of the few who actually runs a pro-style offense. He's also the least likely to leave the pocket. Outside of Russell Wilson who played with a historical defense, shouldn't we all be terrified of the type of quarterback that Marriotta is? I still think you draft him, but these QBs who have running as such a large percentage of their game do not do well in the NFL.

Mari has a bunch of red flags as well but out of the two I'd take him every time over Winston.

Mariota had me sold but tonight Winston looks good granted the WRs are good for both teams Greene is beast 

Honestly, its hard to pick. We need to figure out who the heck will be the offensive coordinator. Picking Winston or Mariota with Rex and the HC and Marty at OC will do nothing but destroy either one of these guys careers. Not every QB will have a situation like Mark Sanchez, to sit behind a QB who gets hurt and show that it was the system and the coaching that was a massive problem. 

Archived