joewilly12

95 members have voted

1. 1. Mariota or Winston

• Mariota
    • Winston

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The style of O they run, pocket passing, footwork and delivery. Trust me I like him a lot more then Winston but I don't think he's worth a top pick.

footwork is impeccable, one of his strengths.  delivery is fine.  The offense is a good point, he needs to go to a coach that is smart enough to use his talents and he needs to slide after a run or he won't last in the NFL.

He is going #1 over all barring a 5 int performance vs fla state

Yeah, especially in the red zone when he called THREE QB DRAWS. Guy is anemic in the redzone. Pretty good otherwise, but wtf is the thought process behind that? 

Thinking about it it's pretty weird.  The only time during Rex tenure that we were ok in the Red Zone was the year we had Plax.  

Thinking about it it's pretty weird.  The only time during Rex tenure that we were ok in the Red Zone was the year we had Plax.  

It's BS. It's almost automatic this season that he'll call it when we're in the 5 yard line. Has never worked, or came close to it. 

And the 3rd and 6 on the 12 yard line, and they line up in the I-formation really pissed me off. Really questionable. I'm not sure who he's trying to fool but they know we're passing, get some WRs in there.

footwork is impeccable, one of his strengths. delivery is fine. The offense is a good point, he needs to go to a coach that is smart enough to use his talents and he needs to slide after a run or he won't last in the NFL.

He is going #1 over all barring a 5 int performance vs fla state

I disagree with his footwork and delivery in the pocket. He's amazing out of the pocket but that sh*t doesnt work in the NFL.

You know. Mariota may want to come back for his last year. The Heisman Trophy and a National Championship isn't everything. Well. Heisman at least.

if the JEts or Raiders finish with the #1 pick he'd be smart NOT to go into the draft.  get an insurance deal and go into his senior year ready to win it all again. 

Jimmy Crappola has been a sensational NFL clipboard holder so far...

Pretty funny how any POS Belicrap takes is immediately presumed to be great by the media and many of our long sufferers too

Look at his impressive track record since Mo Lewis saved him from being fired...

Matt Cassel, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallet and now Crappola

Open up the gates of Canton and let them all in

Jimmy Crappola has been a sensational NFL clipboard holder so far...

he's 9-10 on the year and was excellent in preseason. that's a 90% completion rate for the math challenged among us. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16760/jimmy-garoppolo

compare him to Matt Simms for example who is like 3-8 this year. It's not a ton of stats but it is something. 

Mariotta is a 1 read QB, same as Geno the Clown. He fails to see his tertiary WR.

Yes I've been hearing/observing the same about Mariotta.  So if we draft him he'll need 1-2 redshirt years.  OTOH Winston is able to go through his progressions in the pocket, he's mobile, and hard to bring down.  

I'd redshirt either one of them but with much shorter duration for Winston.  Too bad Winston is a knucklehead.  So it's damned if you do and it's damned is you don't with these two guys.  Neither one is 2015 ready.       

Yes I've been hearing/observing the same about Mariotta.  So if we draft him he'll need 1-2 redshirt years.  OTOH Winston is able to go through his progressions in the pocket, he's mobile, and hard to bring down.  

I'd redshirt either one of them but with much shorter duration for Winston.  Too bad Winston is a knucklehead.  So it's damned if you do and it's damned is you don't with these two guys.  Neither one is 2015 ready.       

+1. The Jets are going to have to bring in a vet to run the show for at least a year. I think Mariota can be a good QB. He has a good arm, quick release is mobile and from what I read is humble with a strong work ethic. He is going to have to learn how to take snaps from under center. I think the tools are there as long as you have an offensive coach who can develop him. 

Archived