Superbowl or bust for the new regime, correct?

nico002

Just want to make sure we have the proper expectations. Rex brought this team closer than basically any other HC we've ever had. Unless we win the SB under this new head coach, I really don't see the point of firing the face of the franchise.

Two things:

1. Every regime ever brought in should always be aiming for the Super Bowl, no matter the coach, GM, players. That's the ultimate goal for everyone.

2. Your coach should not be the face of the franchise. That means they either talk too much, or you have terrible players.

Two things:

1. Every regime ever brought in should always be aiming for the Super Bowl, no matter the coach, GM, players. That's the ultimate goal for everyone.

2. Your coach should not be the face of the franchise. That means they either talk too much, or you have terrible players.

I disagree.

Belichcick is the face of the franchise.  I know pink hats love Brady, but Belichick sets the tone. 

Most player interviews are the same after a win/loss almost without fail,  "All three phases need to execute better".

Rex ran a loose ship which is fine when you have talent behind the coach.  The Jets do not and that loose attitude now becomes an undisicplined team.  Instead of just winning, you are just losing.

Rex is right, he does need a Brady to win a title.  He also needed to set the tone for the franchise.  He failed miserably. 

Maybe, like Belichick, he will learn from his mistakes and on his next gig apply his new found knowledge.

Two things:

Lombardi was the face of the Packers and the Tuna was with his teams. Tom Landry was the face of Dallas till Staubach gave him competition..And Cowher was for the Steelers as well.. Yeah and BB as well.LOL

I disagree.

Belichcick is the face of the franchise.  I know pink hats love Brady, but Belichick sets the tone. 

Most player interviews are the same after a win/loss almost without fail,  "All three phases need to execute better".

Rex ran a loose ship which is fine when you have talent behind the coach.  The Jets do not and that loose attitude now becomes an undisicplined team.  Instead of just winning, you are just losing.

Rex is right, he does need a Brady to win a title.  He also needed to set the tone for the franchise.  He failed miserably. 

Maybe, like Belichick, he will learn from his mistakes and on his next gig apply he new found knowledge.

The Patriots are a bit of an odd duck, though. Belichick is a face, but he has Brady.

When you think Broncos, it's Manning.

When you think Packers, it's Rodgers.

When you think Vikings, it was almost always AP.

When you think Steelers, it's Big Ben.

Etc. I would think the Patriots are almost the exception rather than the rule.

Lombardi was the face of the Packers and the Tuna was with his teams. Tom Landry was the face of Dallas till Staubach gave him competition..And Cowher was for the Steelers as well.. Yeah and BB as well.LOL

You're talking about completely different eras. In today's age, with social media and access to the players the way it is, it has completely changed. I will say BB is the exception, but he's the best coach in the game. That transcends players.

I disagree.

Maybe, like Belichick, he will learn from his mistakes and on his next gig apply his new found knowledge.

Like Rex said if he could find a Brady he would sign up for that in a NY minute.. Brady according to a Pat friend of mine saved BB's job after he went 5-11 in 2000. Kraft got rid of Pete Carroll who made the playoffs 2 of his 3 seasons with the Pats and Kraft wasn't happy..

The Patriots are a bit of an odd duck, though. Belichick is a face, but he has Brady.

when i think broncos i automatically think elway

packers i think favre first

steelers i think cowher

I agree and disagree, but it mainly semantics.

Using the Steelers as an example, I see them more of a system.

Whichever Rooney employed it, they have a system that guides their franchise.  Through good and bad times, they have a process they follow.  That is why they do not make rash descisions when it comes to coaches and the like.  Similar to the Giants.

Belichick has one.  I think Smellway is employing one as well.

Now, the process works better when there is a HofF caliber QB at the head of the team.

Two things:

1-100% agree

2-100% disagree as i view Belichick as the face of the Patriots 

When you think 49s you think harbaugh

When you think ravens you think Harbaough

When you think cards you think Arians

When you think Rams you think fisher

When you think saints you think brees and Peyton

Etc. I would think the Patriots are almost the exception rather than the rul

As far as I'm concerned they only get a year and half (24 games)  to have this team competing for a Super Bowl or I'm putting together a movement to have them all fired.

With this cap space and draft position that's all the time I'm willing to give them and all they should need.

SB or bust is the goal for any team...that said and I also said it in another thread we have an opportunity to get this right hope we do.

Yes, it's the goal of every regime to win a championship...

I think the better question is how much time is this fan base willing to give them? 

Archived