Could Woody be fined by the NFL for tampering on the Revis comments?

joewilly12

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In retrospect, it all makes sense.   I can see Idzik giving Woody the wrong info regarding CB, Vontae Davis not worthy, B. Flower, Taliq, D. Cromartie, and the rest of the strong 2014 CB free agents class.   Idzik telling Woody Revis is demanding 20 million.  And when Revis signed for a lot less and watching his coach transitioning a six round draft safety to play CB, he started to doubt this guy.  And then to top it up in the strongest WR draft in history, this guy couldn’t find ONE guy to catch a single ball during the season.  Forget the early round when Brandon Cooks was for the taking.  This guy whiffed twice taking 5’6 punt returner and another guy with no upside over 6’4 4.40 ACC Maltavis Bryant and Bruce Ellington.  He was content going into the season starting Jeff Freaking Nelson.  Woody then realized he has been duped.   This guy played a good game during the hiring process.

that was all troubling but nothing was worse than pushing all in on Geno Smith

I understand drafting the guy in rd 2 as a gamble. But to rig the "competition" both years in his favor, not let Rex set the lineup, even after he missed meetings and cursed out a fan... that's what got Idzik fired. If geno Smith wasn't such a POS there might have been a year 3 to the Idzik era. 

Your vagina's on fire. 

Itching or irritation anywhere on the body can cause discomfort. But when it occurs in an area as sensitive as the vagina and vulva (the labia, clitoris, and vaginal opening), it can be especially uncomfortable. Most genital itching and irritation isn't a major concern. But because they can be symptoms of an infection, it's always a good idea to call your health care provider.

I do too but sometimes they need to tone the arrogance and blatant attacks on Jets fans here. 

None of us at least not me would ever go to the Patriots forum and post drivel.

You haven't been here that long have you lol. Some of us used to take pride in trolling pats boards. 

You really think Woody wanted to pay Revis 16 million - i do not believe it-I think he is covering himself

So what good is $50 mil in cap room for? We need 2 high priced free agent DBs to fix our secondary paying Revis is just the start we also need a safety and please no more crappy first rd DBs.

The Patriots will have to show that Woody's comments inflicted damage upon their relationship with Revis in order to really nail the Jets on this. Since Revis' deal was effectively a one year deal, it's unlikely that anything will come of this, but facts are facts: the Jets tampered.

huh, why? What did the niners/bears tampering have to do with lance briggs re-signing with the bears.  They made the niners swap 3rds with the bears, plus they had to give up a 5th. And this was not for a HOF player and for a team that he was previously on and a division rival.

Goodell has always had Woody's support and I think that Woody, not being in his natural element doing a presser after having fired his coach and GM will garner him some mercy. He fielded a question and wasn't thinking. No malice or intent to cause injury.... Especially in light of this happening to a 12-4 team that has won it's division 11/12 years running.

No damage to their ability to keep Revis.... they just have to pick up his option for $20 mil (Bwa-ha-ha)

Move on... Nothing to see here

No damage to their ability to keep Revis.... they just have to pick up his option for $20 mil (Bwa-ha-ha)

Exactly.  The Jets are not capable of effecting the Pats ability to retain Revis in 2015, hence it cannot be tampering.  Only the Pats can "tamper" with engaging a team existing contractual option year.

There will be no fine.

Go rub an anchor on your scrotum, it won't get sold anyway.

That is ****ed up man. What would make you think of something like that? You're a sick, sick man. 

WTF Kleck?

We go back what, 12-14 years?

Just busting your balls, like you do mine.

Your post reads as though you think that me rubbing my scrotum on an anchor would add value. You clearly think very highly of my scrotum. 

I'm honored?

huh, why? What did the niners/bears tampering have to do with lance briggs re-signing with the bears.  They made the niners swap 3rds with the bears, plus they had to give up a 5th. And this was not for a HOF player and for a team that he was previously on and a division rival.

The two situation share no similarities. The 49ers actively contacted Briggs' agent while he was still under contract whereas Woody was speaking in a public forum and likely didn't realize that what he was saying was wrong.

My guess is that Goodell will take Woody's incompetence and intent into consideration when considering punishment.

Archived