MARIOTA vs WINSTON Rose Bowl ESPN 2pm PT today

jetrider

I actually thought he looked good today, was very accurate. The reason I would take him off the draft board entirely is because he is a monumental POS. Screaming at his head coach with everyone watching? Kid is bad news.

Hell no to Winston.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought he looked good today, was very accurate. The reason I would take him off the draft board entirely is because he is a monumental POS. Screaming at his head coach with everyone watching? Kid id bad news.

Hell no to Winston.

I agree with you. I liked his game for the most part but it looks like he can't handle adversity from an emotional perspective and that scares me. If the ny media and fans get on him he might have a Vince young like collapse and quit.

One game shouldn't alter your opinion of Winston. I wouldn't want to draft him because I have never seen a bad character college athlete become a model citizen and good pro once he became a millionaire.

One game shouldn't alter your opinion of Winston. I wouldn't want to draft him because I have never seen a bad character college athlete become a model citizen and good player once he became a millionaire.

This, generally.

One game would not sway me one way or the other. 

But I question his character and maturity and leadership now.  How much worse will it be with a few million in his pocket and a New York City address?

I still like the mid-round kid, Sean Mannion, who should (supposedly) be available in the thrid/fourth round range. 6'5", 220, pro-style pocket passer.  Needs some coaching, yes, but he has the brains, the maturity, and the talent.  Just need a Pro Coach to polish him, and to sit and learn as a Pro a year or two.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737484/sean-mannion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3b64WaqL-Y

Low investment, low risk, in a year where QB does not seem stong, don;t sell the farm for the top guy, take the mid-rounder, sit him a year, see if he has what it takes.  Start a Veteran Journeyman in 2015.

2016, the kid either starts, or you draft another QB.  Rinse repeat.

Get the WR in Round 1.  A Roadgrader Guard in Round 2.  Another Lineman in Round 3.  And Mannion in Round 4.  Sign a JAG-VET like McCoy (or whatever JAG boats your float tbh) for 2015.

He has all the tools but so did Demarcus Russel.  Is the the first one to practice and the last to leave? His ego is the size of mt everest.  The only reason the did not lose this year is the refs gave them several games.  He does not think sometimes (pushing the ref out of the way in the bc game) and often tries to squeeze the ball in to tight windows.  In the pro's those will ints. I drool over his skills but just have a bad feeling in my belly about him.  I would rather get a serviceable vet and a kid to develop.  Talk the kid from penn state into coming out and take him in the 2nd round, let him st 2 years and have something special.

He has all the tools but so did Demarcus Russel.  Is the the first one to practice and the last to leave? His ego is the size of mt everest.  The only reason the did not lose this year is the refs gave them several games.  He does not think sometimes (pushing the ref out of the way in the bc game) and often tries to squeeze the ball in to tight windows.  In the pro's those will ints. I drool over his skills but just have a bad feeling in my belly about him.  I would rather get a serviceable vet and a kid to develop.  Talk the kid from penn state into coming out and take him in the 2nd round, let him st 2 years and have something special.

Hackenberg is only a sophomore. Why not just draft Winston and have him sit for a season? Don't most quarterbacks have huge egos? Aren't you looking for the confident, alpha male trait in a quarterback?

Randy Moss?

We could consider Moss, but he was a model citizen at Marshall after his initial problems at FSU, so the rehabilitation had already happened before he went to NFL. That said, he was still an ahole in NFL which prevented him from reaching his full potential in being an all time great.

We could consider Moss, but he was a model citizen at Marshall after his initial problems at FSU, so the rehabilitation had already happened before he went to NFL. That said, he was still an ahole in NFL which prevented him from reaching his full potential in being an all time great.

I dont see how Randy Moss isnt an all time great.

This, generally.

One game would not sway me one way or the other. 

But I question his character and maturity and leadership now.  How much worse will it be with a few million in his pocket and a New York City address?

This is EXACTLY why I have reservations about drafting him. Don't discount how much of an effect the city of New York can have on a guy with character issues and money to burn. I have a feeling him playing in the New York City Metropolitan Area is BAD NEWS not only for the Jets franchise, but for the kid too.

They both have enough question marks that I would rather pass on them in favor of a kep position player at #6. Pick up a QB in 3rd or 4th and let Geno play it out while the new back up watches and learns.

I don't care if they beg Boomer Esiason to come out of retirement, there is no way they can run Geno out there as the starter and expect people to buy tickets and show up to games. It's disengenuous and bad business.

That was a terrible merge.

I don't get why some of you still want Winston even after saying he sucks but he's better then Geno. If he sucks draft someone else at another position that you think will be a good player. Drafting a sh*tty QB this year because Geno sucks and not taking someone who might be good is retarded.

You've got that right. Have any of these QBs who have come from these dominant programs been any good? Ken Dorsey sucked, the USC guys sucked, Tebow sucked. I'm thinking Winston will be hot garbage, too.

That would be some interesting research. I may have to dig into that. Who was the last good NFL QB from one of the "crown jewel" College program? The consensus "best QBs" in the NFL are from Tennessee, Michigsn(but Brady sucked at Michigan) Cal, Purdue, Stanford, NC State.

Archived