MARIOTA vs WINSTON Rose Bowl ESPN 2pm PT today

jetrider

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one bad game now he's a bum lol

Why do people keep saying he had a bad game? He looked quite good to me throwing the ball and running a pro-style offense. The blowout was mostly due to his teammates coughing up the ball.

He's a bum b/c of all the red flags... including being caught on video screaming at his head coach for the 2nd time in as many months. Douchebag QBs fail in the NFL.

Why do people keep saying he had a bad game? He looked quite good to me throwing the ball and running a pro-style offense. The blowout was mostly due to his teammates coughing up the ball.

He's a bum b/c of all the red flags... including being caught on video screaming at his head coach for the 2nd time in as many months. Douchebag QBs fail in the NFL.

Some team is gonna talk themselves into taking Winston after he falls through the draft. Figure he'll pout in he green room on draft day. SOUNDS VERY FAMILIAR. 

Yup.

I dont see how Randy Moss isnt an all time great.

The only WR in history better than him is Rice, and he's arguably the greatest playmaker in league history. Moss was a boss. Basically he was Pedro Martinez/Sandy Koufax from 1998-2003. After that he came back to remind everyone who he was by putting up 47 TDs with the Pats from '07-'09 (including 23 in '07)....*Even in the years nobody liked/care for Moss and his nonsense* he put up 32 TDs, including 24 from '04-'06 (21 between '04-'05).

At his best, he was the most dominant guy at any position in the NFL during my lifetime.

This, generally.

One game would not sway me one way or the other.

But I question his character and maturity and leadership now. How much worse will it be with a few million in his pocket and a New York City address?

I still like the mid-round kid, Sean Mannion, who should (supposedly) be available in the thrid/fourth round range. 6'5", 220, pro-style pocket passer. Needs some coaching, yes, but he has the brains, the maturity, and the talent. Just need a Pro Coach to polish him, and to sit and learn as a Pro a year or two.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737484/sean-mannion

Low investment, low risk, in a year where QB does not seem stong, don;t sell the farm for the top guy, take the mid-rounder, sit him a year, see if he has what it takes. Start a Veteran Journeyman in 2015.

2016, the kid either starts, or you draft another QB. Rinse repeat.

Get the WR in Round 1. A Roadgrader Guard in Round 2. Another Lineman in Round 3. And Mannion in Round 4. Sign a JAG-VET like McCoy (or whatever JAG boats your float tbh) for 2015.

Mannion is absolutely horrible. His main problem is his brains so I have no idea where you came up with the analysis you did. If they don't like Winston then they might as well start Geno, sign one of the garbage fa's and pray. As a fan, I'll be hoping that we suck enough to draft Hackenberg or Connor Cook next year. All these stupid immaturity and leadership qualities being discussed and yet Jameis was the only FSU player to stay out and congratulate the Ducks on the victory. The same teammates that didn't bother to show up tonight wanted no part of it. This so called "immature" QB did though.

Mannion is absolutely horrible. His main problem is his brains so I have no idea where you came up with the analysis you did. If they don't like Winston then they might as well start Geno, sign one of the garbage backup fa's and pray. As a fan, I'll be hoping that we suck enough to draft Hackenberg or Connor Cook next year. For all these stupid immaturity and leadership qualities this game apparently showed you, Jameis was the only FSU player to stay out and congratulate the Ducks on the victory. The same teammates that didn't bother to show up tonight wanted no part of it. This so called "immature" QB did though.

At least you spelled garbage right.

LOL. At least he's got that going for him.

Brilliant rebuttal. If you think there is one GM in the NFL in charge of a team with absolutely no QB who would pass on Jameis Winston for Sean f*cking Mannion, then you are an absolute moron.

This kid IS Jamarcus Russell, if I'm the Jets I'm taking Cooper if he's there. No was do we touch this POS @6. Trade down or take him later like round 2, or trade back into the late first round and take him. You imagine the smack talk, NFL linemen are going to drive this kid crazy.

The first thing i thought about when i saw Winston with that buttfumblesque spin move and fumble was....Jet.

but seriously, i thought both QB's were less accurate then i thought they would be. Winston especially AGAIN was better in the second half. I think both guys will need some time to develop at the next level, not sure if i take one of them or take an WR/OT and let Geno have another shot at it.

Brilliant rebuttal. If you think there is one GM in the NFL in charge of a team with absolutely no QB who would pass on Jameis Winston for Sean f*cking Mannion, then you are an absolute moron.

You got it wrong. I don't want either one.

Hackenberg is only a sophomore. Why not just draft Winston and have him sit for a season? Don't most quarterbacks have huge egos? Aren't you looking for the confident, alpha male trait in a quarterback?

Winston is a soph too.  I don't think WInston would sit, he would demand to play and be a huge distraction,  And to those who are calling Racist Guess I should give my Sheldon jersey back?  If I think a guy has issues its because he has issues not because he is black.  If I could get Russel Wilson right now sign me up.  Give me a leader, naturally gifted athlete who is a team player over a self centered ego maniac any day.

I dont see how Randy Moss isnt an all time great.

The only WR in history better than him is Rice, and he's arguably the greatest playmaker in league history. Moss was a boss. Basically he was Pedro Martinez/Sandy Koufax from 1998-2003. After that he came back to remind everyone who he was by putting up 47 TDs with the Pats from '07-'09 (including 23 in '07)....*Even in the years nobody liked/care for Moss and his nonsense* he put up 32 TDs, including 24 from '04-'06 (21 between '04-'05).

At his best, he was the most dominant guy at any position in the NFL during my lifetime.

Neither Rice nor Moss were drafted in the top 15.

Just sayin'

I have to say, last nights game answered more questions for me about Mariotta than Winston. Mariotta is a GREAT college QB, but will not be good in the NFL. We saw how inaccurate he is & the plays that are run for him will not work in the NFL. Every year we seem to have these questions about these spread offense QBs and not one has made it in the NFL. What makes Mariotta different? 

they might as well start Geno, sign one of the garbage fa's and pray. As a fan, I'll be hoping that we suck enough to draft Hackenberg or Connor Cook next year. All these stupid immaturity and leadership qualities being discussed and yet Jameis was the only FSU player to stay out and congratulate the Ducks on the victory. The same teammates that didn't bother to show up tonight wanted no part of it. This so called "immature" QB did though.

The loss isn't on Winston he actually played well.  3 fumbles by his running backs and wide receivers and a dropped pass that went into a DB's hands for a pick in the 3rd quarter turned the game around completely.  I still think Winston doesn't fall to 6 if he declares for the draft which I think he will.

I have to say, last nights game answered more questions for me about Mariotta than Winston. Mariotta is a GREAT college QB, but will not be good in the NFL. We saw how inaccurate he is & the plays that are run for him will not work in the NFL. Every year we seem to have these questions about these spread offense QBs and not one has made it in the NFL. What makes Mariotta different? 

Mariota has to be in a particular system in order to be successful in the nfl.  If he plays in a conventional NFL offensive package and used as a drop back qb he's going to be Geno part 2.

Everything does are tag passes and screens.  One of the few teams last night he had actually go through progressions he threw a pick.  Maybe Tampa picks him and hires someone who runs the Chip Kelly offense - if that happens sure he'll be a pro bowler in the NFL but if runs a typical NFL offense he's screwed.

Last night only reinforced my view that we should just wait on trying to draft the franchise... take a developmental guy, scrounge for a veteran and draft WRs/Oline/Secondary to shore the team up. Mariota looks like a gimmick half the time, and Winston will never be 4 quarters great. 

Last night only reinforced my view that we should just wait on trying to draft the franchise... take a developmental guy, scrounge for a veteran and draft WRs/Oline/Secondary to shore the team up. Mariota looks like a gimmick half the time, and Winston will never be 4 quarters great. 

At 6 we didn't have a shot at either one of them anyway. 

Trade a 3rd to Tampa for Mike Glennon and draft a developmental guy in the later rounds.

Last night only reinforced my view that we should just wait on trying to draft the franchise. 

wait? for what? Doomsday? The team can't get much worse. There's no real "set back" from 4-12. They have 40+ mil in cap space. They can take a top QB every year for the next 3 years it wouldn't matter.

Take a swing who knows maybe they'll hit. Can't hit a home run if the bat never leaves your shoulder. 

wait? for what? Doomsday? The team can't get much worse. There's no real "set back" from 4-12. They have 40+ mil in cap space. They can take a top QB every year for the next 3 years it wouldn't matter.

Take a swing who knows maybe they'll hit. Can't hit a home run if the bat never leaves your shoulder.

What a loser mentality. Spoken like a true arm chair general manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived