DeCosta declines job interviews with teams

DaBallhawk

Bet we find out both received pay bumps in the last couple of days.

Come on Woody. Offer DeCosta $5 mil. see if that will draw him out.

It's not a money issue with some of these guys. Woody told the Tuna to write in the check amount back in the day but he still walked.

It's not a money issue with some of these guys. Woody told the Tuna to write in the check amount back in the day but he still walked.

Parcell's was going on 70 at the time.  He went for the easy deal on the post game shows.

decosta is young and hasn't made a name for himself, other than being a guy to watch.

make  .the  man "an offer he can't refuse"

Parcell's was going on 70 at the time.  He went for the easy deal on the post game shows.

decosta is young and hasn't made a name for himself, other than being a guy to watch.

make  .the  man "an offer he can't refuse"

Age wasn't a factor with the Tuna. He went on to have stints with Dallas and Miami.

Decosta is already getting paid a lot and will eventually take over for Ozzie.

Some people just can't be bought

Woody should just double whatever he makes in Baltimore. The potential success that would come with it should be well worth it. I mean if we just get rid of Vick or CJ we already save about 5 mil. so just throw that money at DeCosta. Not gonna happen of course...

Woody should just double whatever he makes in Baltimore. The potential success that would come with it should be well worth it. I mean if we just get rid of Vick or CJ we already save about 5 mil. so just throw that money at DeCosta. Not gonna happen of course...

Money for front office executives and coaches and everything else comes from a separate budget than what teams pay players. That said, he's in his dream role and in the playoffs with the next step for him within reach. He isn't going anywhere else.

Money for front office executives and coaches and everything else comes from a separate budget than what teams pay players. That said, he's in his dream role and in the playoffs with the next step for him within reach. He isn't going anywhere else.

I realize that, I'm just saying Woody wouldn't even have to spend extra money out of his own pocket to get DeCosta.

What? Of course he would. He signs the checks.

You don't get it: By getting rid of Vick or CJ we save about 5 mil. So get rid of either or even both and invest the money to double whatever DeCosta makes. Has nothing to do with Salary Cap. Woody pays for everything so it doesn't make any difference whether it's player salaries or front office contracts. Don't get it confused with the Salary Cap.

You don't get it: By getting rid of Vick or CJ we save about 5 mil. So get rid of either or even both and invest the money to double whatever DeCosta makes. Has nothing to do with Salary Cap.

No. You don't get it. Corporations have budgets for departments. The player budget is dictated by the NFL. What Woody pays his minions comes from a different budget. Just because the Jets save 5 million dollars by cutting a few players doesn't mean he can take that money and move it to another departments budget. He could do that between two departments whose finances aren't league dictated, but he can't use that player money (which is fictitious until it's actually used, thanks Idzik) on coaches or front office folk. It simply doesn't work that way.

You don't get it: By getting rid of Vick or CJ we save about 5 mil. So get rid of either or even both and invest the money to double whatever DeCosta makes. Has nothing to do with Salary Cap. Woody pays for everything so it doesn't make any difference whether it's player salaries or front office contracts. Don't get it confused with the Salary Cap.

nothing short of genius, right here

No. You don't get it. Corporations have budgets for departments. The player budget is dictated by the NFL. What Woody pays his minions comes from a different budget. Just because the Jets save 5 million dollars by cutting a few players doesn't mean he can take that money and move it to another departments budget. He could do that between two departments whose finances aren't league dictated, but he can't use that player money (which is fictitious until it's actually used, thanks Idzik) on coaches or front office folk. It simply doesn't work that way.

Once again: If we let Vick walk that's 5 mil. Woody doesn't spend next year. That he saves. Why don't you get that he can now spend that cash on DeCosta without really losing any money? And don't start with the salary cap again. I'm talking about the money that comes out of Woody's pocket.

Once again: If we let Vick walk that's 5 mil. Woody doesn't spend next year. That he saves. Why don't you get that he can now spend that cash on DeCosta without really losing any money? And don't start with the salary cap again. I'm talking about the money that comes out of Woody's pocket.

And they say the public education service is not failing the children. I don't know how else I can explain it to you without a color coded power point presentation, a tube sock, a chocolate cake, and Advil.

Ugh this guy was #1 on my personal list. I have respect for his loyalty, can't be mad at the guy.

The only reason he's still there is because of the raise he got. He's loyal but if you double his salary and offer him a promotion I'm sure that loyalty is going to disappear pretty quickly.

And they say the public education service is not failing the children. I don't know how else I can explain it to you without a color coded power point presentation, a tube sock, a chocolate cake, and Advil.

Sounds like something you went through a lot, Crazy Carl.

The only reason he's still there is because of the raise he got. He's loyal but if you double his salary and offer him a promotion I'm sure that loyalty is going to disappear pretty quickly.

Do you read what you type or you just go all willy nilly?

He's been a wanted man for multiple offseasons. There are many promotions and pay raises out there that would be offered to him if he decided to jump ship. He doesn't want it, no matter the money. He's not leaving. He likes Baltimore and is a big fan of The Wire. Let it go.

Do you read what you type or you just go all willy nilly?

He's been a wanted man for multiple offseasons. There are many promotions and pay raises out there that would be offered to him if he decided to jump ship. He doesn't want it, no matter the money. He's not leaving. He likes Baltimore and is a big fan of The Wire. Let it go.

Can you give me any info on what exactly has been offered to him? No? Good, because for a second it sounded like you actually knew what you were talking about. If he didn't care about money there would be no reason for the Ravens to give him a big raise.

Oh stop. Just because someone doesn't want to hop on board the wreck of the Woody Johnson, doesn't mean they're a sissy. Just means they're secure in their future at a better run franchise.

has nothing what so ever to do with Woody he's rejected every team ...hes content to sit behind Ozzie make a boat load of money and have zero responsibility in a way its smart but at some point you have to take off the training wheels and move forward

I suppose you're right, although this isn't the first time decosta has done this, he has repeatedly shown his loyaly to Ozzie and Baltimore.

Can you give me any info on what exactly has been offered to him? No? Good, because for a second it sounded like you actually knew what you were talking about. If he didn't care about money there would be no reason for the Ravens to give him a big raise.

It has been reported that he is one of the highest paid FO guys in the nfl. My guess is that he is better paid than most of the GMs already.

decosta isn't ozzie.  you can't absorb knowledge.  remember mangini and the patriot* way ?

he has it in his contract that he is the next GM.  so until a team with a young QB like luck or wilson calls, he's not picking up the phone

move on

has nothing what so ever to do with Woody he's rejected every team ...hes content to sit behind Ozzie make a boat load of money and have zero responsibility in a way its smart but at some point you have to take off the training wheels and move forward

He probably looked at the situation and realized that it would take about 5-10 years to gut and rebuild a scouting department, at which point he would have probably got the Ravens job, not to mention the risk of losing the job in a couple years anyway if he went somewhere. And then he's probably genuinely happy in Baltimore. I don't think he'll ever move.

I guess DeCosta doesnt want to put that overrated popularity to the test.

Either keep hiding behind Ozzie for the rest of your overrated career or step out, or build your own team and hire your own "DeCosta" to stand behind you.

Don't be mad just because the guy likes where e works. Making a ton of money and his family is happy where they are. To do what, go take on a reclamation project for Woody Johnson?See above about scouting department. I think the guy has his head in the right place personally.

Don't be mad just because the guy likes where e works. Making a ton of money and his family is happy where they are. To do what, go take on a reclamation project for Woody Johnson?See above about scouting department. I think the guy has his head in the right place personally.

Mad? Please. I made a comment that I forgot about until you quoted it. 

I guess DeCosta doesnt want to put that overrated popularity to the test.

Either keep hiding behind Ozzie for the rest of your overrated career or step out, or build your own team and hire your own "DeCosta" to stand behind you.

So, you're saying he's the Tony Dungy of GM candidates?

Archived