Cooper's draft stock too a hit.

Tony The Wiz

I have said for weeks that the Jets at 6 should not draft him. He is a good receiver but not at 6. He is

not the best receiver in this draft. I like big receivers who are physical for the NFL. Look in the NFL today, who are the best receivers. They are big and physical and have big hands like Calvin and Andre Johnson.  You have to have great speed and quickness if you going to succeed if you don't have this size. Receivers who are quick like Cruz and Brown or speed like  

Beckham, Jr. or Desean Jackson.  What you hope Cooper will turn into is a Reggie Wayne. Great route runner and great hands but what Reggie has is his toughness over the middle. I don't see this in Cooper.  Ohio St. had a freshman cover him  

sometimes and he didn't school him like the best receiver should. The combine is going to be big for Cooper. He needs to run under 4:5 for the 40.  So Jet fans like myself get off the Cooper bandwagon at the 6 pick of the draft. If Dorial comes out he is a special receiver. Same as Jalen Strong. Did anyone watch his bowl game? He is very impressive and at 6:3 with big hands. He is in my top 8 players with Dorial.  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beckham most likely won't declare, discussing him is pointless. He's a special talent no doubt, but he is much better off playing one more season to salvage his reputation and refine his skills. Cooper is still a top 10 player and one bowl game isn't going to change that.

yea   9 catches  2 TDs   0 drops  and double teamed for most of tonight's game,  Cooper is garbage

Never said he was garbage. I said he is not worthy of the 6th pick in this draft. Is he a first rounder? Yes but I have him as a late 1st rounder. Now if he goes

to the combine and runs a 4:4 or under in the forty yard dash that will improve his stock.     

Never said he was garbage. I said he is not worthy of the 6th pick in this draft. Is he a first rounder? Yes but I have him as a late 1st rounder. Now if he goes

to the combine and runs a 4:4 or under in the forty yard dash that will improve his stock.     

He's Marqise Lee 2.0, who went in the 2nd. Not worth a top 5-10 pick.

yea 9 catches 2 TDs 0 drops and double teamed for most of tonight's game, Cooper is garbage

Failed to score A TD on 7 out of 9 catches n failed to reach double digit receptions or triple digit receiving yards. Every WR can score twice in a bowl game.

Thank you, Mr. Kiper?

raiders will draft him.

Strong possibility but it really depends on other factors. Like who gets the coaching job - an offensive or defense coach. What they do in free agency. That will have a bearing on the pick. Also there will be tremendous pressure to take Leonard Williams if he on the board when Raiders pick(has let it known wants to play for the Raiders badly)

Tony The Wiz' Seven Round Mock is surely on the way.

I would take Thomas in the top 10. I would not take Cooper in the first. Good route runner, and hands. Does not take over the game like a true top 10 pick should.

I guess you did not watch the Florida, Tennn, Auburn or WV games where he averaged over 200 yards a game. Do you watch college football?

No way The raiders go Cooper, DT Williams will be their choice. They went Mack over Evans last year. Mckensie is a former olineman- he knows the game is won in the trenches.Antonio Smith is 33YO

Their young potential franchise QB also has mops and brooms to throw to. Cooper is the pick.

Their young potential franchise QB also has mops and brooms to throw to. Cooper is the pick.

They also have about 50 mill in cap room, my take is that they will spend that in Thomas/Cameron at TE and and get a WR in FA also.  If Harvin is cut from the jets, I could see a move there.

They also have about 50 mill in cap room, my take is that they will spend that in Thomas/Cameron at TE and and get a WR in FA also.  If Harvin is cut from the jets, I could see a move there.

TE in FA? Amaro was better than any rookie TE and made some folks all rookie team?

Seriously....**** it I'll be an obnoxious broken record, no team ever made a decision on a prospect off of one game. In the history of the NFL. The only thing i know for sure, it's just us fans. 

Not sure this is true. A team is lukewarm on a player, a bad bowl game might be enough to have them go in another direction

It's a very good topic IMO- Cooper is not as dynamic ie freakish as you'd like a top 6 WR to be. He's solid as a mothafuka however and is safe, which is boring and attractive for a team with the Jets drafting history.

There are a handful of WR's coming out with higher ceilings than him. We need a true #1. But we also need a pass rusher, Obline help and a QB.

This is the kind of decision that the Jets have fd up in perpetuity. What are the chances they end up drafting the best wideout of a good group coming out this year?

This is the kind of decision that the Jets have fd up in perpetuity. What are the chances they end up drafting the best wideout of a good group coming out this year?

based on history, 0 ... even if we get a good one, a better one will be drafted later.. see Toon  and Rice, Keyshawn and Harrison for 2 examples

based on history, 0 ... even if we get a good one, a better one will be drafted later.. see Toon and Rice, Keyshawn and Harrison for 2 examples

Well, a good place to start at avoiding this problem would be to not hire a coach that just did this.

Odell > Evans > Watkins

Jets could have had Rice at pick 16 and took Toon at 10 instead..

well afo watches all bama games and predicts cooper breaks rices records,,so I am giving afo benefit of doubt.. He said pass on him after last nights game, but a guy doesnt go from next jeery rice to pass on him after 1 game,,I assume afo was kidding or upset over OSU pulling the upset over Bama

Archived