Jets got some revenge on Pitt for 2010 AFC Title game

UnknownJetFan

That 2010 AFC Title game would have been a win for Jets had they not had to beat Manning and Brady on the road, then had to play Pitt after they had a bye week. Well, if they had a bye this year it would have more than likely been a lot different outcome for them than just getting killed by the Ravens. They would have probably had their great RB Bell back in the lineup and may have had a different opponent. If Pitt would have beaten the Jets earlier this year they would have had identical record and AFC conference record with Denver and had Denver beaten in common games 4-0 to 3-1 since Denver lost to Cincy. So, we did cost Pitt with beating them dropping their record and AFC record to make them miss the bye week they needed. Good.

Now here's hoping that the Ravens go to NE and knock them out of the playoffs as well.

Sorry to be spiteful, but that is what my sports season at this point has resulted to being a big Jets and Knicks fan. 

Anyhow, on a positive closing note, Happy 2015 New Year to all Jetnation members and here's to hoping the future of the Jets gets much brighter in this new year and moving forward.

BTW, yes Pitt had a bye week in the AFCCG in 2010 when we played them and we didn't get going till the 2nd half due to the emotional drain of having to beat Manning and Brady on the road 1st.

"emotional drain"

It had nothing to do with having to beat Manning and Brady, it had everything to do with our supposedly tough "can't wait" boasting team taking cues from their coach that beating those 2 teams was enough.

Anyway, I don't care who won today, as long as they beat the Pats.

Oh, we got revenge for that loss alright. It was the day we fired Rex Ryan.

The Steelers didn't beat us in the AFC Championship Game; Rex Ryan did.

SAR I

Yeah, Rex Ryan's #1 ranked D's 11 missed tackles in the first half had absolutely nothing to do with players.

Yeah, Rex Ryan's #1 ranked D's 11 missed tackles in the first half had absolutely nothing to do with players.

When you consistently boast and tell someone they're the best , eventually they'll believe you and stop working hard. The Jets thought they were in the SB , they beat Peyton and Brady , they were gonna steamroll the Steelers - can't wait . Problem is the opposing coach didn't have that same mentality , he coached up his team and got them ready for the game.

Nevertheless, I was happy to see a half empty Heinz field , with all those yellow hankies tucked away.

Archived