Bengals under Marvin Lewis, zero playoff win in 12 years

DRJETS

Suck less, try two afcc trip and four road wins, how many nfl coaches or looking for HC job, had done that? Is the answer to the question, not many?  :Banane43: 

I actually looked it up once.  I don't remember the numbers, but back to back championship game appearances are not the magical unicorn that folks are making it out to be.

And how the hell can you win a Super Bowl without getting into the playoffs?

Jets fans would give their left nutsack to just make the playoffs 4 straight years.

I said it's not an accomplishment if you get to the playoffs and don't win a game.

I won't be happy if we get to the playoffs 4 straight years and don't win a game. Go look at Bengal forums right now and see if they are happy because I already have and I know they are not.

I agree. I think you have to think big picture though. Ask yourself is a guy who is 0-6 lifetime in playoff games is the right guy to lead your team to a super bowl. I think the record speaks for itself.

There are many programs in sports both college and pro that would disagree.

getting in the field of 64 and not sweet 16 is unacceptable at many schools.

I get your point and in fact, Herm never won more than 10 games etc... But we made the playoffs sporadically.

many teams would not accept that.

I actually looked it up once.  I don't remember the numbers, but back to back championship game appearances are not the magical unicorn that folks are making it out to be.

Agreed...Bills, Vikings, Eagles , recent 49ers all have teams that in history will be dismissed.

No One talks about the coach who loses in the AFC Championship games... Except on a few message boards of course.

For many, even for this guy coaching the same team for over a decade, a simple miserable win seen as impossible as a flying pig. 

And how the hell can you win a Super Bowl without getting into the playoffs?

Jets fans would give their left nutsack to just make the playoffs 4 straight years.

And how can you win a Bowl having 16-0 and 13-3 seasons and losing to 10-6 and 9-7 teams when you get there?? :animal0029:

aec4, on 04 Jan 2015 - 4:12 PM, said:

13-10 at half and they were receiving the ball in the 3rd.    just saying.   2nd half was bad for them.

Seriously? Did you really ever think for one second that Cin was winning this game? I didn't.

Yet, the mentee beat his mentor in the playoff and made it twice to the AFCC in six years, even with a rookie QB.  In the process winning four playoff games on the road, beating the like of Brady, Payton, and Rivers.  LOL

... and got fire first for destroying his team.

Yet, the mentee beat his mentor in the playoff and made it twice to the AFCC in six years, even with a rookie QB. In the process winning four playoff games on the road, beating the like of Brady, Payton, and Rivers. LOL

Wow and what has he done lately the last four years? Remember he quit on the season in 2009 until he was informed by the press that the Jets were still in it. Your hero lol

Yet, the mentee beat his mentor in the playoff and made it twice to the AFCC in six years, even with a rookie QB. In the process winning four playoff games on the road, beating the like of Brady, Payton, and Rivers. LOL

Where is the mentee working right now?

Lewis should have been fired years ago...just .making the play-offs means nothing, and 12 years without winning play-off game...that's a total joke. I would never want Lewis here... Would definitely prefer rex to him... If those were only options.

I would never want Lewis here... Would definitely prefer rex to him...

You prefer a loser of a clown who had 4 straight non-winning, non-playoff seasons in a row versus a HC who led his team to the playoffs the last 4 years?

Only Jets fans can be that naive.

You prefer a loser of a clown who had 4 straight non-winning, non-playoff seasons in a row versus a HC who led his team to the playoffs the last 4 years?

Only Jets fans can be that naive.

I think most smart Jet fans would prefer not to have Rexey's mentor here :winking0001:

Seriously? Did you really ever think for one second that Cin was winning this game? I didn't.

I thought if they could tie the game or take the lead on their 1st drive of the 3rd they were going to make it a really good game, so yes, at halftime I thought they had a shot.   They abandoned the run for some unknown reason and that was all she wrote.

I see the argument for firing him and keeping him. If I was a Bengal FAN however, I would want him fired. He's been there for a long time and they've been to the playoffs a bunch of times but you can't win one playoff game?

If I was the front office I would keep him. He's consistent at least and with the team they have you know they will have a shot at the playoffs. It can always get worst.

Seems to be like Jeff Fisher in a way. A long tenure of being okay. Not great.

Tx- no I prefer a coach that had multiple play-off victories, including a couple of AFC championship game appearances, something Lewis has never and will never achieve. As a pats fan, you should know, it's not about getting to play-offs.... Do you think bill b. Would still be pats coach if he never won a play-off game in 12 yrs.... The answer is simple . No. Maybe you should ask a Bengal fan... I'm sure they would set you straight...

Archived