Typical Patriot Cheats reared their head yesterday

Rexorcism

Then how did the pats score on the two TD drives before that sequence and the two after if they could only score by being sneaky.

Actually Brady said it was in the playbook but only resorted to ''being sneaky'' when they were down by 14 points. it was the right move at that time and it worked.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The refs did announce who is elgible. And why should they be allowed to substitute after each time a player declares him self elgible? Do the get to substitute when the backs come out of the backfield and align themselves as WR so that the defense can bring in the dime package and get the LB of the field. How do you think the first defense coach that saw that happen feel, just like Harbough did yesterday.   After the first play the pats kept the same players on the field just changed who was eligible.

Let me explain to you again...ineligibles are supposed to be announced and defenses are supposed to be allowed to SUBSTITUTE based on who is eligible.

Then how did the pats score on the two TD drives before that sequence and the two after if they could only score by being sneaky.

Because Brady is good.

BB was scared. He was about to get embarrassed at home. So out of fear, he cheated again. It's cool. You guys like that sh*t up there. Don't worry about a Jets fans opinion. You're proud to root for a cheating piece of sh*t. Admit it. Own it. It's all good.

Harbough took the penalty because he thought it was illegal, he doesn't know the rules, tuff for him, he cost his team 15 yards.

no he took the penalty to explain things to the "all star" crew.  

“They didn’t really understand what was happening,” Harbaugh said of the officials. “That’s why I had to go and take the penalty to get their attention, so that they would understand what was going on because they didn’t understand what was going on. And they said that that was the right thing, that they’d give us the chance to ID the eligible receivers so we could actually get them covered. That’s why guys were open, because we didn’t ID where the eligible receivers were at. So that’s the nature of that particular thing they were doing, that’s what made it so difficult.”

this is the end of all star crews.  you must be so proud to have to defend them against cheating every ******* day

lol

I dpnt consider this inventiveness. I am willing to bet it will be deemed not in the spirit of the rules this offseason and will no longer be allowed. I'm not impressed with finding loopholes when you cant win it straight up.

Fair enough. 

I view finding angles to exploit matchups and win at the preparation and coaching level to be part of winning it straight-up. Either way, I'd rather be the team that is pushing the boundaries and having the league refine their rule set, or have the league try and copy me, rather than the dogs that are running 30 year-old plays and wondering why they can never get over the hump.

It is finding an advantage against "the spirit of the rules," most consider that cheating and I do as well.

Fair enough, my mindset is to understand every rule in front of me, determine which ones are constraints and which ones provide opportunity. Maybe it's not relevant to most football fans, but this is a pretty key ingredient to having an innovative mindset. Either way, it's the Patriots, so **** 'em.

you can have your opinion. I think its basically cheating. pats couldn't win this one straight up. this will end up being considered a form of substitution and the defense will be given an appropriate time before the offense will be allowed to snap the ball. this was basically the equivalent of going " I'm eligible" and then the offense snaps the ball. it will be made illegal

"Basically" cheating could also be spun as "basically" within the rules. I totally appreciate your point of view on it, and hope you are right that the NFL tightens the rule up.... the mere fact that you are saying it will be made illegal, implies that it isn't now, and as such, all I can do is give credit where it's due. I'd rather be the guy they are improving the rules to constrain, rather than constraining myself by rules that don't exist or have been poorly implemented.

Anyway, **** the Pats. I really thought Baltimore had them... two 14 point comebacks in one game, something just didn't feel kosher. It was as if both times they went down by 14 there was automatically a scoring drive by the Pats that was enabled by something odd in the officiating. 

Because Brady is good.

BB was scared. He was about to get embarrassed at home. So out of fear, he cheated again. It's cool. You guys like that sh*t up there. Don't worry about a Jets fans opinion. You're proud to root for a cheating piece of sh*t. Admit it. Own it. It's all good.

I am proud that my coaching staff is smarter than many others. 

the issue is being notified

learn class

the issue isn't the play itself or even the alignment. its having 6 eligible receivers, and then one of them going "I'm the ineligible one real quick and then the offense hurrying to snap the ball". its similar to substituting and having to let the defense time to adjust to your substitution. similar to how the league had to stop sam wyche's bs. cant win straight up

the issue isn't the play itself or even the alignment. its having 6 eligible receivers, and then one of them going "I'm the ineligible one real quick and then the offense hurrying to snap the ball". its similar to substituting and having to let the defense time to adjust to your substitution. similar to how the league had to stop sam wyche's bs. cant win straight up

yup, rules changes coming.  too late for the ravens

the issue is being notified

learn class

It's the Patriots job to notify or the offficials?

And they were notified, via microphone, that calls out ineligible receivers. They're just stupid.

Also, we're going to use it again next week, so you can look forward to making more "cheater" threads as the Pats go to another Superbowl.

2:00:34

Alabama used this play. High school teams use this play. Not the Patriots problem the Ravens aren't prepared for plays 16 year olds run.

14881.jpg

Learn football

Its not about the Ravens being prepared the refs weren't prepared and let them get away with it.

Once an inelgible or eligible is announced to the ref he is aupposed to announce what off numbers are eligible or ineligible and allow the defense the option of substituting...if the offense is trying to run the play he must call an official timeout until the defense is ready

YOU need to learn football, TROLL.

Let me explain to you again...ineligibles are supposed to be announced and defenses are supposed to be allowed to SUBSTITUTE based on who is eligible.

NO! they are not and that is not what Harbaugh even argued. He argued that the Ravens should have time to adjust the defense being called on the field not-substitute a player.  That is why I made the analogy to the wildcat formation when the qb does not get the ball and becomes an eligible receiver. When the fins rolled it out against the pats, the pats did not call press conferences, You probably think a team should not be able to run out of punt formation. or even better do a fake spike. :winking0001:

Its not about the Ravens being prepared the refs weren't prepared and let them get away with it.

Once an inelgible or eligible is announced to the ref he is aupposed to announce what off numbers are eligible or ineligible and allow the defense the option of substituting...if the offense is trying to run the play he must call an official timeout until the defense is ready

YOU need to learn football, TROLL.

So this makes the Patriots cheaters? The stench of desperation isn't an appealing one.

smarter ?   weaker character, less class, lower morals

I went to Mass this morning, that is where I find morals and character. Not between competition between bilion dollar corporations played by multimillionaires.  What are these guys heroes to you or something.

NO! they are not and that is not what Harbaugh even argued. He argued that the Ravens should have time to adjust the defense being called on the field not-substitute a player. That is why I made the analogy to the wildcat formation when the qb does not get the ball and becomes an eligible receiver. When the fins rolled it out against the pats, the pats did not call press conferences, You probably think a team should not be able to run out of punt formation. or even better do a fake spike. :winking0001:

You are wrong, any time an ineligible is announced to a ref the defense is supposed to be motified and given time to substitute and/or matchup with the personnel...the refs allowed none of that

It's the Patriots job to notify or the offficials?

And they were notified, via microphone, that calls out ineligible receivers. They're just stupid.

Also, we're going to use it again next week, so you can look forward to making more "cheater" threads as the Pats go to another Superbowl.

yes.  are you that stupid or out of excuses ?

no you won't use it again, the next team will be ready.  that's the whole point of cheating son

I went to Mass this morning, that is where I find morals and character. Not between competition between bilion dollar corporations played by multimillionaires.  What are these guys heroes to you or something.

out of excuses ?  understandable

The referees allowed the players to whisper that they weren't eligible in their ears and then let them immediately snap the ball.

It is supposed to be announced who is eligible on plays like that. They found their loophole.

The Typical Scummy Patriot Way.

Another great example of BB's coaching genius to gain a competitive advantage.

They broke no rules whatsoever and one of two things should have happened on that play:

1) As soon as Vareen informed the official that he was an ineligible receiver, the ref should have announced that over the PA like they always do.

2) If cry-baby Harbaugh didn't like what he say, call a friggn' timeout.

Brady said it the best with a sum look on his face: "Maybe those guys (have) got to study the rule book and figure it out," he said. "We obviously knew what we were doing."

Meh....

Harbaugh should have called timeout when he saw the formation and then go and talk to the refs about it.

To me you blitz the sh!t out of that formation. Let them try and bring that guy all the way back to the line and protect Brady.

They got away with it once and it won't happen again.

Archived