Jets cap space & 2015 Free Agents. How would you improve the team?

Jettington

With all of the focus on the GM and HC hires right now, what do you all think about the best ways to improve the team in 2015 given our huge cap space? 

According to this site: http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/ we have 4th most cap space in the league for next season at just under $50 million, but this number could increase depending on who we let go. 

The 2015 FA class is the best I can remember in a recent seasons: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

and I really think we have a chance to make the biggest single season leap when it comes to improving the roster in a very long time. 

Any long term solutions to QB and OL need to be made through the draft, so in free agency I think we need to look elsewhere. I'm really intrigued at the prospect of adding Suh to the team, in spite of all of his baggage.

Just imagine Wilkerson, Richardson, Harrison, and Suh all on the line in a more conventional 4-3 that Quinn will implement if he gets the job. If we pair this signing with a good CB,  we'd wreck it on defense. I also wouldn't be opposed to considering JPP who is a traditional DE, having him team up with our three big DL men

There's a lot of options at WR also in this FA class if we wanted to get rid of Harvin's contract and replace him with someone else. 

QB has to be #1 on this list. Bring in a vet and grab someone early in the draft. We can't go any where with Geno, that's the bottom line. CB is Obviously a must and I agree OL should be searched for via draft. 2 side notes. 1 we should look for players of size. I look at the Hawks secondary and man those are some big physical guys (this is football) 2 enough with guys with the huge injury backgrounds. Two years in a row we took CBs who have a history of not playing, and guess what? They didn't play

Shoulda been gone!!!! That dude is horrible!!!!

I was begging for him to be fired along with the entire scouting department when Idzik was hired. crazy he has lasted longer then anyone in this organization. with our new GM being skilled in talent evaluation.. I expect him to be gone at least next year.

Assuming the jets new coach uses a 4-3 scheme.

Cut Harvin- not worth giving up the 100th pick and 10 mill a year.

Cut Chris Johnson- he is not happy with his role

Extend Wilkenson 5 years  60 mill, 10 mill SB and 15mill 1st year salary  cap hit 17 mill

Sign

O-LINE

Mike Iupati  RG  5 years - 50 mill

RB

Shane Vereen 3 years 10 mill SB 3mill

WR

Kenny Britt  4 years 15 mill NO SB but  first year guaranteed

TE

Jordan Cameron 4 years 20 mill

Daniel Fells 2 years 5 mill

LB

Bruce Carter 4 years 18 mill

FS

Devin McCourty 5 years 40 mill

CB

Cro 2 years 8 mill

Buster Skrine 3 years 10 mill

QB Jason Campbell 2 years 4 mill

Except for Wilkenson, All the contacts escalate around 10% per year.  (ex McCourty 1st year  4.5 mill  #2,@ 5 #3@5.5 # 4 @6m , #5 @ 6.5  and all the SB are 30% of the total deal.

This will leave about 8 mill for rookies and PS and in season PU

With all of the focus on the GM and HC hires right now, what do you all think about the best ways to improve the team in 2015 given our huge cap space? 

According to this site: http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/ we have 4th most cap space in the league for next season at just under $50 million, but this number could increase depending on who we let go. 

The 2015 FA class is the best I can remember in a recent seasons: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

and I really think we have a chance to make the biggest single season leap when it comes to improving the roster in a very long time. 

Any long term solutions to QB and OL need to be made through the draft, so in free agency I think we need to look elsewhere. I'm really intrigued at the prospect of adding Suh to the team, in spite of all of his baggage.

Just imagine Wilkerson, Richardson, Harrison, and Suh all on the line in a more conventional 4-3 that Quinn will implement if he gets the job. If we pair this signing with a good CB,  we'd wreck it on defense. I also wouldn't be opposed to considering JPP who is a traditional DE, having him team up with our three big DL men

There's a lot of options at WR also in this FA class if we wanted to get rid of Harvin's contract and replace him with someone else. 

Why are you intrigued about spending 18mill a year on a DT when the team's strength is already on the Dline.

And most players who are FA in Jan are re-signed or tagged by the start of FA. And 14 teams or 1/2 of the league now have over 25 mill of cap space.

Don't be surprised if FA turns out to be going shopping at the dollar store  with a $1,000

Suh gives the Jets the best chance to win. They will be able to continue to stop the run and in addititon be able to pressure the pocket more. If they don't sign Revis, I certainly think it is the way to go. Even if it means trading Mo. The Jets will be better up front with Suh than Mo.

Other than Revis, there is no CB that can help the team as much. Delicate Dee cannot be counted on next season. Suh is a better investment for the D to make.

Assuming the jets new coach uses a 4-3 scheme.

Cut Harvin- not worth giving up the 100th pick and 10 mill a year.

Cut Chris Johnson- he is not happy with his role

Extend Wilkenson 5 years  60 mill, 10 mill SB and 15mill 1st year salary  cap hit 17 mill

Sign

O-LINE

Mike Iupati  RG  5 years - 50 mill

RB

Shane Vereen 3 years 10 mill SB 3mill

WR

Kenny Britt  4 years 15 mill NO SB but  first year guaranteed

TE

Jordan Cameron 4 years 20 mill

Daniel Fells 2 years 5 mill

LB

Bruce Carter 4 years 18 mill

FS

Devin McCourty 5 years 40 mill

CB

Cro 2 years 8 mill

Buster Skrine 3 years 10 mill

QB Jason Campbell 2 years 4 mill

Except for Wilkenson, All the contacts escalate around 10% per year.  (ex McCourty 1st year  4.5 mill  #2,@ 5 #3@5.5 # 4 @6m , #5 @ 6.5  and all the SB are 30% of the total deal.

This will leave about 8 mill for rookies and PS and in season PU

LOTS of action, and i like it.  don't think we need to go after Cameron, Amaro hopefully will improve.  don't want britt on this team.

Britt close to his buddies in Bayonne would be a disaster

That is why he does not get a SB, so you can cut him without any fallout. He kept his nose clean for two years now and even the event in 2013 where he drove his friend to the hospital to me is no great shakes. No one accused him of doing anything wrong, he just refused to tell the cops who stabbed his friend. 

LOTS of action, and i like it.  don't think we need to go after Cameron, Amaro hopefully will improve.  don't want britt on this team.

Why do you think just having one TE is ok?  Amaro like you said will hopefully improve, but if he continues to have the drops or even worse suffer a sophomore slump another guy operation out of the slot is needed, specially if you ask Amaro to do some inline blocking next year

I was begging for him to be fired along with the entire scouting department when Idzik was hired. crazy he has lasted longer then anyone in this organization. with our new GM being skilled in talent evaluation.. I expect him to be gone at least next year.

If he had his way and we had drafted Russel Wilson and Alshon Jeffrey then everything might be a lot different. Just those 2 moves alone.

I truly hope so...

They are not going to sign Suh unless they trade Wilk.  Too much money under the cap for the DL when Sheldon gets his.

I would hire a competent GM, get the best scouts available no matter the cost and sit the **** back and let them build a winner

I read that Maccagnan requested a thorough overhaul of the scouting dept and Woody is going to open up the wallet to get it done.

Jason Campbell??

Not anymore. We should have been signing guys like him back when we were signing guys like Tebow. Someone brought up the name Mike Glennon, I wouldnt mind that.

I read that Maccagnan requested a thorough overhaul of the scouting dept and Woody is going to open up the wallet to get it done.

Not anymore. We should have been signing guys like him back when we were signing guys like Tebow. Someone brought up the name Mike Glennon, I wouldnt mind that.

Well you would have to trade for Glennon and they are not going to trade him for a 6th rounder.  They will cut McCown and save 5mill start Glennon while the rookie sits and learns most likely until December.

In a perfect world Sam Bradford gets cut.

With that premise, this is the moves I would make.

QB Sam Bradford, Geno Smith

RB CJ Spiller, C Ivory

WR Harvin, Decker, Kerley, Cooper, and 2 young guys who win training camp battle.

OL Dbrick, Iupati, Mangold, winner of camp comp between the young guards on roster, and possible draft pick, and B Giacomini, or a young early draft pick who beats him out.

TE Amaro, not sure

DL leave alone for most part

LB Coples, Davis, move A Allen down as Safety/LB, draft a MLB, and OLB prospect, and sign a veteran familiar with Bowles D.

CB I'm probably gonna get killed here, but PLEASE bring Revis home, him this Williams kid, and healthy McDougle, and Millner should be more than enough.

Safety Pryor, and Jarret are OK, but we need to bring in a true CF playmaker type at FS, gotta look not sure where this is coming from.

Archived