Kubiac decides to interview for HC----- Broncos

32EBoozer

Listen...I'm really a fan of Bowles and I'm glad we hired him. ...

But would you prefer an offense run buy Gailey or Kubiak?

I was all in with Kubiak. That's fine. We got a good coach, so I'm all in with him. Hiring Gailey kinda bummed me out though.

I was praying we would end up with, at the very least, an OC from the zone-blocking running game coaching tree.

Listen...I'm really a fan of Bowles and I'm glad we hired him. ...

But would you prefer an offense run buy Gailey or Kubiak?

I was all in with Kubiak. That's fine. We got a good coach, so I'm all in with him. Hiring Gailey kinda bummed me out though.

I was praying we would end up with, at the very least, an OC from the zone-blocking running game coaching tree.

It wasn't an option for us. 

No matter how many times you smash you face into a wall, it's still a wall.

Also, Gailey runs a zone blocking scheme.

Really?

Not like those Shanahan Kubiak guys right? He's not part of that crew. I'm not sure what the difference is between zone blocking and the zone blocking coaches from the Shanahan teams but the IS a difference, no?

Really?

Not like those Shanahan Kubiak guys right? He's not part of that crew. I'm not sure what the difference is between zone blocking and the zone blocking coaches from the Shanahan teams but the IS a difference, no?

I don't know, all I know is that in a handful of the articles I read about Chan's offense, it was stated that he uses a zone-blocking scheme to get his RBs into space. I know the Shanny-Kubiak-Shanny crowd was a zone-blocking scheme and a big part of what they do is having the RB make 1 cut and get downhill. Not sure how they are different.

Really?

Here, I literally just googled this and haven't read it, but this article on skimming it reads as if they are similar in what they do

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/9/8/3301796/chan-gaileys-buffalo-bills-offense-part-4-the-run-game

Have you guys seen Kubiak's bio?  He was drafted by Denver and spent NINE seasons as a player there, as a back-up QB to John Elway. 

In 2000, he joined their coaching staff (OC/QB Coach) and in his five years there, lead them to two Super Bowls titles.  

I'm sure it helps that they have a loaded roster, but he obv. likes Denver itself.  He's already been with that organization for 14 years.  

It wasn't an option for us. 

No matter how many times you smash you face into a wall, it's still a wall.

Yep, nothing made me happier than reading that.  We now get to run a zone-blocking scheme without having to hure Kubiak as our HC. 

I call that a "Win-win-win".  The 3rd win for successfully mediating a conflict.

Elway knows how to get his guy. Who cares, we got ours. People can change their minds.

I didn't care for him. Of course he can change his mind, I get that he'd consider HC'ing the Broncos. He's got ties to that team, it's a team ready to win now. But don't make stupid comments like that publicly how you don't want to HC and how happy you are in Baltimore and then if somebody gives you a call you're on the next plane trying to get that job. He better get the job now because it'd be a little odd if he returns to the Ravens sort of like "look who's back! I'm stuck with you suckers again".

For me it was either Bowles or Quinn all the way. Kubiak had his shot in Houston and he blew it royally. I said all along that to me he's just a decent OC. Maybe he can do more with a great team like the Broncos but he has proven he can't turn a mediocre team into a winner so I wasn't interested in him in the first place HC'ing this team.

Past relationship with the organization and Elway so I don't blame him.  BUT

he better hope and pray Manning comes back because if he retires that team

is going nowhere

Why? in the last dozen years they been to the playoffs with Griese, Tebow, Plummer and Manning. If manning retires they will have almost 50 mill of cap room. And osweiler and early 2nd rd pick that has been in the offense for 2 years. they probably wont win 12 games but 10 won't be out of the question.  

Archived