Manning not wanted back by Broncos???

Scott Dierking

Citing "sources close to the team," Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports there's a "big question" about whether the Broncos want Peyton Manning for 2015.

"At this point in his career, the Broncos could fail (Manning's physical) for any reason, including the four neck surgeries that he has already had," Cole said. "They're going to have to feel very comfortable about this." Manning's $19 million salary will no longer be guaranteed if he fails his physical. While Manning's health was an issue late in 2014, we find this report very had to believe. Until now, every utterance — both public and "sourced" — has suggested Denver desperately wants Manning back. Perhaps this is just a ploy to speed up Manning's decision. Manning will reportedly meet with GM John Elway before the Combine.
Source: Bleacher Report
Feb 10 - 4:25 PM

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forgot UNCERTAIN 

Report: Broncos Uncertain If They Want Peyton Manning Back In 2015 by Mike Cole on Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 1:26PM Share this: Fancred Peyton Manning reportedly wants to play in 2015, but the bigger question might be what the Denver Broncos want. NFL Media reported Tuesday morning that Manning is gearing up for a return in 2015. However, Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole cited sources close to the team who said the Broncos are uncertain whether they want Manning back for another season. Manning has an upcoming physical, and the Broncos could fail the quarterback. “At this point in his career, the Broncos could fail Peyton Manning for any reason, including the four neck surgeries that he has already had,” he said Tuesday in a video on Bleacher Report. “In talking to sources close to the team, there’s a big question here about whether the Broncos want to bring him back for one more year. They’re going to have to feel very comfortable about this.” There certainly are factors working against Manning. The legendary quarterback turns 39 next month, and it looks like age and the neck injuries are finally catching up with him. Manning had a solid 2014 season, but he started to break down physically toward the end of the season. He reportedly played through a quad injury, but it’s unrealistic to think Manning is going to suddenly get hurt less as he ages. It might seem crazy for the Broncos to move on from a likely Hall of Famer in Manning, but the Broncos are in a state of transition. The team parted ways with head coach John Fox and hired Gary Kubiak. Despite that, Cole says he “probably” sees Manning in Denver for one more season.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/02/report-broncos-uncertain-if-they-want-peyton-manning-back-in-2015/

You forgot UNCERTAIN 

Report: Broncos Uncertain If They Want Peyton Manning Back In 2015 by Mike Cole on Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 1:26PM Share this: Fancred Peyton Manning reportedly wants to play in 2015, but the bigger question might be what the Denver Broncos want. NFL Media reported Tuesday morning that Manning is gearing up for a return in 2015. However, Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole cited sources close to the team who said the Broncos are uncertain whether they want Manning back for another season. Manning has an upcoming physical, and the Broncos could fail the quarterback. “At this point in his career, the Broncos could fail Peyton Manning for any reason, including the four neck surgeries that he has already had,” he said Tuesday in a video on Bleacher Report. “In talking to sources close to the team, there’s a big question here about whether the Broncos want to bring him back for one more year. They’re going to have to feel very comfortable about this.” There certainly are factors working against Manning. The legendary quarterback turns 39 next month, and it looks like age and the neck injuries are finally catching up with him. Manning had a solid 2014 season, but he started to break down physically toward the end of the season. He reportedly played through a quad injury, but it’s unrealistic to think Manning is going to suddenly get hurt less as he ages. It might seem crazy for the Broncos to move on from a likely Hall of Famer in Manning, but the Broncos are in a state of transition. The team parted ways with head coach John Fox and hired Gary Kubiak. Despite that, Cole says he “probably” sees Manning in Denver for one more season.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/02/report-broncos-uncertain-if-they-want-peyton-manning-back-in-2015/

Question marks make it a question.

Nope. 

I just thought it curious that it is not 100% that the Broncos are decided on Manning. That is all

It is a good thread, I am very certain about that!

I would love for the Jets to have a QB that threw for 4,727 yards with 37 TDs and 15 INTs and have the team be like...yeah we aren't sure what we want to do here. LOL.

He is 38. but he isn't 44. Cmon there is no decision, he hurt his leg, he would come into camp 100%. The Broncos are crazy if they don't bring him back.

Nope. 

I just thought it curious that it is not 100% that the Broncos are decided on Manning. That is all

All we know is that "people close to the team' not even a lowly team source. My take on this is that they are denver beat writers or columnists are the source.

Thee is no reason for Denver not to want him back. He is a top 10 qb and they have a rat's ass chance of competing for a SB without him. The next head coach has to have the balls totell him to run the plays that are called. Elway knows he needs a well balanced attack, he sould not do it by himself and he can't expect Manning to do it either. If Manning wants a last shot, let him cut his pay and give the broncos some room to keep Franklin, knighton and the Thomases

All we know is that "people close to the team' not even a lowly team source. My take on this is that they are denver beat writers or columnists are the source.

Thee is no reason for Denver not to want him back. He is a top 10 qb and they have a rat's ass chance of competing for a SB without him. The next head coach has to have the balls totell him to run the plays that are called. Elway knows he needs a well balanced attack, he sould not do it by himself and he can't expect Manning to do it either. If Manning wants a last shot, let him cut his pay and give the broncos some room to keep Franklin, knighton and the Thomases

I think firing Fox signified that the Broncos werent going to run the franchise as an "all-in" team anymore. Kubiak's offense doesnt require a QB making 19 million dollars...especially one that struggles to throw deep.

I think firing Fox signified that the Broncos werent going to run the franchise as an "all-in" team anymore. Kubiak's offense doesnt require a QB making 19 million dollars...especially one that struggles to throw deep.

No offense requires a qb making 19mill, And when did Kubiak throw deep? One year in Balt when he had Flacco? Denver has a better chance of winning with Manning than without him.  How can anyone say different, just because he was dinged up last year.  He also missed Moreno big time last year. 

No offense requires a qb making 19mill, And when did Kubiak throw deep? One year in Balt when he had Flacco? Denver has a better chance of winning with Manning than without him.  How can anyone say different, just because he was dinged up last year.  He also missed Moreno big time last year. 

CJ Anderson was better than Moreno...point being Manning obviously isnt the long term solution...Kubiak's offense is centered around running the football. If Peyton's willing to adjust his game and his precious stats, it's a good fit. IDK if he'll buy in though..

I would love for the Jets to have a QB that threw for 4,727 yards with 37 TDs and 15 INTs and have the team be like...yeah we aren't sure what we want to do here. LOL.

He is 38. but he isn't 44. Cmon there is no decision, he hurt his leg, he would come into camp 100%. The Broncos are crazy if they don't bring him back.

Are you serious? Peyton is a regular season hero and post season zero (9 one and dones!). Not to mention that he is one hit away from being paralyzed.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic.

Are you serious? Peyton is a regular season hero and post season zero (9 one and dones!). Not to mention that he is one hit away from being paralyzed.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic.

Payton Manning will an unanimous selection to the NFL's all-time Compiler Team.

The guy only has 1 Super Bowl ring and a career losing record in the playoffs.

I laugh when people say he is a top 3 all-time QB.

And please note that there are even crazier Jets fans out here who somehow think that keeping Smith as the starter is better than having the Manning who had the stats you posted above.

Utter Madness.

Payton Manning will an unanimous selection to the NFL's all-time Compiler Team.

The guy only has 1 Super Bowl ring and a career losing record in the playoffs.

I laugh when people say he is a top 3 all-time QB.

I don't want to get into this as our Jets friends have had enough of us Pats fans, but............................ you are right. Why would any fan of a team want Peyton Manning? For the regular season "glory" or the inevitable 1st round playoff loss? I don't get it.

CJ Anderson was better than Moreno...point being Manning obviously isnt the long term solution...Kubiak's offense is centered around running the football. If Peyton's willing to adjust his game and his precious stats, it's a good fit. IDK if he'll buy in though..

Well that is why I said the new coach had to stand up to him.  I understand that Brady had BB, but Manning wanted to run the offense and pick his teammates, and always took top dollar.

Archived