Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Can someone please explain to me how an owner like Ross down in Miami, who just wiped major poop off his face following Bullygate, can agree to give Suh  $60 million in gtees without even meeting him?  

I mean this pre-FA FA BS has gotten totally out of control.  I miss the good old days where you invite the guy in for a visit have a friendly chat and then lock the door until he signs...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please explain to me how an owner like Ross down in Miami, who just wiped major poop off his face following Bullygate, can agree to give Suh  $60 million in gtees without even meeting him?  

I mean this pre-FA FA BS has gotten totally out of control.  I miss the good old days where you invite the guy in for a visit have a friendly chat and then lock the door until he signs...

The NFL is a dogsh*t league.

Love seeing legal tampering implode on itself. I'm sure the colts called Gore up and were like, damn that's all they're giving you? I'm sure smart teams are just waiting to make moves on declared guys. Haven heard sh*t out of Baltimore for instance.Then you sign it and steal the player.

Love seeing legal tampering implode on itself. I'm sure the colts called Gore up and were like, damn that's all they're giving you? I'm sure smart teams are just waiting to make moves on declared guys. Haven heard sh*t out of Baltimore for instance.Then you sign it and steal the player.

I wonder if this legal tampering period promoted more players staying with their teams.  Players were able to shop around for a good deal, but since teams couldn't hold them in till they signed it, home teams got a chance to keep their player (since they can sign their own players).

I just looked over the FA list.  Assuming all of the leaks are legit, and nothing shocking happens,the best the jets can hope for is....

QB jake locker/matt moore

OG Wisniewski

CB Cro

I'm not counting revis because he is using the jets

that's some haul eh ?!?

I wonder if this legal tampering period promoted more players staying with their teams.  Players were able to shop around for a good deal, but since teams couldn't hold them in till they signed it, home teams got a chance to keep their player (since they can sign their own players).

that has been my impression.  the home team has time to asses the offers and match or not.  in prior years I'm sure agents were told they had a very short window to accept or the team was moving onto other options, so they had a very small window to shop the offer to the home team

I just looked over the FA list.  Assuming all of the leaks are legit, and nothing shocking happens,the best the jets can hope for is....

OG Wisniewski

CB Cro

that's some haul eh ?!?

I don't see how that plus extending Wilkerson gets us to the salary floor. So, do we take a risk and extend Richardson early? This team has very little younger talent, so I guess we wouldn't have to worry about any major contract extensions besides those 2. The Jets right now are a team that is not building in free agency... but they're also not building in the draft.

I don't see how that plus extending Wilkerson gets us to the salary floor. So, do we take a risk and extend Richardson early? This team has very little younger talent, so I guess we wouldn't have to worry about any major contract extensions besides those 2. The Jets right now are a team that is not building in free agency... but they're also not building in the draft.

it won't come close.  I fear woody is making macc save 18 million for revis so his offers have been good but not good enough

we may be left holding the bag with a ton of cap space 2 years in a row

smh

it won't come close.  I fear woody is making macc save 18 million for revis so his offers have been good but not good enough

we may be left holding the bag with a ton of cap space 2 years in a row

smh

How would that work with the salary floor, then? That's what I don't get. They would have to renegotiate a bunch of existing contracts to frontload them? Then they would end up with maybe $75 million for next year? LOL.

Bunch of Chicken Littles around here. 

Don't know if you missed it, but the chicken littles were 100% correct about last offseason, while the ostriches with their heads in the sand were telling us not to worry about a CB group featuring Dexter McDougle and Dimitri Patterson.

Don't know if you missed it, but the chicken littles were 100% correct about last offseason, while the ostriches with their heads in the sand were telling us not to worry about a CB group featuring Dexter McDougle and Dimitri Patterson.

Yeah, Maccagnan ****ed us royally last year. 

OG Wisniewski

CB Cro

that's some haul eh ?!?

Well that is 3 upgraded positions.

So, we have to spend to reach the salary floor, right? Sitting out the first month of free agency again sounds like a recipe to overpay some mediocre talent.

FYI, we're not putting up with it this year.

Archived