2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

Really hope they sweep the Padres.  Partially for my own confidence in the team but also it takes some pressure of the squad when they do face the Nats.  If we can sweep and ideally go in one game back, or better yet tied, they could be in a great position to make a move.  I think I saw that Schrezer is pitching Friday, so we might be able to avoid him and we should have Harvey/deGrom/Syndergard vs. Gonzalez/Ross/Zimmerman.  That would be HUGE!!!!!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Side note; different conversation but dont feel like starting a new thread...did anyone see Craig Biggio get interviewed after his HOF induction? 

The interviewer asked him what player in the MLB reminds him the most of himself.  His answer?  Mike Trout.

I'm almost pissed myself in laughter.  Biggio thinks that the best player in baseball who may end up being the best we see during this generation, most resembles his middling career. 

Jetlife just wanted to add my thanks for all your hard work. As a Mets fan since 64/65 your info is greatly appreciate. Many a day I ask myself why wasn't I born a Yankees and Giant fan, but I guess that would ha e been too easy.

Yup, living in Chicago, when I tell people I am a Met/Jet/Islander fan they usually tell me I chose poorly for all 3.  You know it is bad when you receive pity from a Cubs fan.

Side note; different conversation but dont feel like starting a new thread...did anyone see Craig Biggio get interviewed after his HOF induction? 

The interviewer asked him what player in the MLB reminds him the most of himself.  His answer?  Mike Trout.

I'm almost pissed myself in laughter.  Biggio thinks that the best player in baseball who may end up being the best we see during this generation, most resembles his middling career. 

3,000 hits is hardly a "middling" career, but you rare correct, they are not comparable players

3,000 hits is hardly a "middling" career, but you rare correct, they are not comparable players

Meh, he was an average player who just happened to play for 20 years.  The guy was pretty mediocre player who got in because he was decent for a long time.  Can you ever remember watching Houston and saying, "oh no, here comes Biggio"  lol

To put himself in the same breath as Mike Trout was comical.  

Meh, he was an average player who just happened to play for 20 years.  The guy was pretty mediocre player who got in because he was decent for a long time.  Can you ever remember watching Houston and saying, "oh no, here comes Biggio"  lol

To put himself in the same breath as Mike Trout was comical.  

Biggio had 414 SB's and almost 300 HR's as a second baseman. His numbers are very simlar to Derek Jeter, for the amount of time they played.

Personally, I did not like facing Biggio or Bagwell with a game on the line.

Is he Mike Trout? No. Is he a "middling" player? No.

Was Meisner getting rated a top-10 prospect in the system? If what you describe is his upside I can't imagine him being a top guy....

I really have no idea where he got that from. Top 15-20 sure, but top 10? No way. Plus the guy literally just got out of low A, it's still so early with him. But I think any time a kid that young shows he's probably going to be a starter, he'll have value. Having the upside of a 3rd is nothing to scoff at. They can't all be aces.

I really have no idea where he got that from. Top 15-20 sure, but top 10? No way. Plus the guy literally just got out of low A, it's still so early with him. But I think any time a kid that young shows he's probably going to be a starter, he'll have value. Having the upside of a 3rd is nothing to scoff at. They can't all be aces.

Maybe it's because he'll be a top 10 prospect for the A's?  Who knows.  The deal is, no one would scoff at the Cubs if they traded Javier Baez for 80 cents on the dollar.  But when the Mets do it, it's Kazmir for Zambrano all over again. 

Maybe it's because he'll be a top 10 prospect for the A's?  Who knows.  The deal is, no one would scoff at the Cubs if they traded Javier Baez for 80 cents on the dollar.  But when the Mets do it, it's Kazmir for Zambrano all over again. 

Nature of the Mets man, some of it's deserved. End of the day this will always be the organization that traded Nolan Ryan away. But some of it, I mean my god. Look at this thread, you've got two idiots spending an inordinate amount of time killing the Mets because they weren't making big moves A MONTH out of the trade deadline. Every year when the Mets pay Bobby Bonilla, it's national news, despite the fact that everyone does deferred payments and the Mets most certainly saved a sh*t-ton of money by doing that.

This trade though, it's such a waste of breath. Meisner is a good prospect. Clippard is a good player. One is good now and the other may be a little better 4 years from now. This is basic sh*t here, much like everything good and bad with the Mets this year.

Rockies just put up Gonzalez on the block. Nervous about how he'd be outside Colorado but holy sh*t there are some good hitters available. Get something done Sandy. Come ooooon.

From 2012 - 14:

CarGo at home -- .329 BA, 30HRs .396 OBP  .590 Slugging

CarGo on the road -- .248BA, 29 HRs, .309 OBO  .450 Slugging

Would be risky to move from Coors to Citi Field.

From 2012 - 14:

CarGo at home -- .329 BA, 30HRs .396 OBP  .590 Slugging

CarGo on the road -- .248BA, 29 HRs, .309 OBO  .450 Slugging

Would be risky to move from Coors to Citi Field.

I know I know. But the thing is EVERYONE knows that about him, so there's no way that Colorado can set asking price too high.

Biggio had 414 SB's and almost 300 HR's as a second baseman. His numbers are very simlar to Derek Jeter, for the amount of time they played.

Personally, I did not like facing Biggio or Bagwell with a game on the line.

Is he Mike Trout? No. Is he a "middling" player? No.

That what happens when you play for 20 years. To use Jeter as an comparison since you threw it out there.  He had 200+ hits in a season like 10 times, plus like 5 season in the 190's.  Biggio, once.  We can disagree but he was an average player who benefited from a long career IMO.

The real reason I brought it up was comparing himself to Mike Trout.  Found it very funny.

Rockies just put up Gonzalez on the block. Nervous about how he'd be outside Colorado but holy sh*t there are some good hitters available. Get something done Sandy. Come ooooon.

2:56pm: Colorado may be more inclined to deal CarGo after the season, ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick reports (Twitter links). With his recent turnaround, the Rockies’ asking price will likely be too high for contenders to meet. The club could, then, hope that continued production and health will lead an interested trade partner to line up over the winter.

2:56pm: Colorado may be more inclined to deal CarGo after the season, ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick reports (Twitter links). With his recent turnaround, the Rockies’ asking price will likely be too high for contenders to meet. The club could, then, hope that continued production and health will lead an interested trade partner to line up over the winter.

Injury prone, product of Coors. Career home/away splits;

HOME: .326 AVG .384 OBP .599 SLG .983 OPS

AWAY: .258 AVG .313 OBP .440 SLG .752 OPS

Do not want.

Zobrist to Kansas City. Wow the Royals are going for it.

Also I'm probably reaching on this one but the Mets released their lineup a little later in the day than they usually do, even for a west coast game. Wonder if Sandy was telling Collins to hold off with Upton right across the park.

The Dodgers are prioritizing Cole Hamels in their search for rotation upgrades, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Los Angeles “wants to exhaust” the option of acquiring Hamels before moving onto a “Plan B” like Yovani Gallardo. Per Sherman, the Dodgers continue to insist that they will not part with top prospects Corey Seager and Julio Urias, however.

Zobrist to Kansas City. Wow the Royals are going for it.

Also I'm probably reaching on this one but the Mets released their lineup a little later in the day than they usually do, even for a west coast game. Wonder if Sandy was telling Collins to hold off with Upton right across the park.

The Royals are scary as hell.

Hey by the way, the Royals gave up the #1 prospect left in their system for Zobrist. So yeah, so I'm pretty sure they were asking high of us. Nice call by our resident nutjob on that one.

Baseball America had their top 3 before season as: Raul Mondesi Jr, Brandon Finnegan (traded for Cueto) and Sean Manaea (traded for Zobrist)

Hey by the way, the Royals gave up the #1 prospect left in their system for Zobrist. So yeah, so I'm pretty sure they were asking high of us. Nice call by our resident nutjob on that one.

That time the Royals built their current great squad by trading a young Zack Greinke.

Archived