Report: Kaepernick on the trade block

jetscrazey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is MOST definitely cuttable....after 2016.  Once the prorated bonus is taken out, he would be just under $5million dead money in 2016, but in 2017 it would be about $2.5, and then he would have no guaranteed money after that through to 2020.

NONE of the prorated bonus is carried over to the Jets in a trade.  If we wanted to cut him before the 2016 season starts we would have literally 0 dead money as roster bonuses only become guaranteed at the start of the league year.

The way I see it is the following in terms of preference for Jets QBs:

Kaep>Foles>Mariota

There ya go. Kaep is a proven commodity and playoff game winner. The guy is a proven winner. I would take him in a heartbeat. oles is a good long term answer and Mariota is a big risk with big upside. 

LL

can't believe anyone wouldn't want Kap here if the price was right.  

I agree. Although I think Mariota will be better than Kaepernick in 2-3 years...if he's still there at 6. I like the comparison but I hate when people try to equate the two. Mariota is about 3 levels higher than Kaepernick in character and mentality...imo. 

I agree. Although I think Mariota will be better than Kaepernick in 2-3 years...if he's still there at 6. I like the comparison but I hate when people try to equate the two. Mariota is about 3 levels higher than Kaepernick in character and mentality...imo. 

kaep has a huge arm and is the most athletic qb in the league. he was also valedictorian of his h.s. class. guy is incredibility athletically gifted and a smart kid. other than a rumor about an altercation in miami a couple years ago involving a woman in a hotel (no charges filed, smells like a shakedown attempt), what leads you to believe kaepernick is not a high character player?

Hahaha, people are funny... Kaep would be a HUGE upgrade over our current heap of dung at QB. 

What the F are you guys looking at when deciding that Kaep is not a worthy upgrade? What all of a sudden Geno is going to wake up and be a good QB? Please....we will see the same s**t we saw last year...Geno will play well in 1-2 games including game 17 when we are out of the playoffs...

Kaep is a HUMONGOUS upgrade over all our current QBs. 

LL

Lol at people who wouldn't want Kaep.

We've been wading in sh*t at the QB position for years, and people would turn this guy down.

You're all out of your minds.

we're holding out for a management position

Maybe SF leaked out these rumors so that teams would inquire on him and once that happens you just never know what kind of offer you may get.  Its a good way to not upset your franchise player while you see if you can deal him.

Now add that game and compare it to the the rest of his play and tell me our quarterback situation is stable. Kaep is obviously better.

Doubt he's going anywhere, but "better" is subjective. I don't think he's any good, especially not worth that contract

Maybe SF leaked out these rumors so that teams would inquire on him and once that happens you just never know what kind of offer you may get. Its a good way to not upset your franchise player while you see if you can deal him.

He's not a Mangini guy

I actually live in Tampa and I bring up Glennon to my friends all the time. They don't understand why he isn't the starter down here, especially over Mccown.

I understand your obsession.

Glennon is legitimately an above average QB. I dont know why the Bucs are deciding to go in another direction but I will give up a 3rd rounder for him, no problem. 

kaep has a huge arm and is the most athletic qb in the league. he was also valedictorian of his h.s. class. guy is incredibility athletically gifted and a smart kid. other than a rumor about an altercation in miami a couple years ago involving a woman in a hotel (no charges filed, smells like a shakedown attempt), what leads you to believe kaepernick is not a high character player?

I actually was strictly speaking to on the field, I think I put in, "from what I can see" or "imo" just meaning Kaepernick never strikes me as a leader, I don't see anything from him in terms of leading a team through intangibles. He's an athletic freak of nature and I've stated before I think his arm is probably stronger than Mariota's... but nobody seemed to struggle more working through their progressions than him. Observationally, he never looks in command of the offense....at least in the little of 49er games I watched. I'm probably reading into nuances, arm chair psychologizing him too much but it's what I really liked about watching Mariota in college. He seemed to have a presence on the field to me. Demeanor, Jeter factor etc. I think I used character and mentality....meant it in terms of on the field. The "it" Brady factor. I'm somewhat a Mariota homer and just really believe he has it. Kaepernick (probably) doesn't. The mental make up. It's what will separate them and their careers. Yeah, I'm all in on Mariota lol. 

And all that said, I'd still be interested in trading for Kaepernick as a Jet fan. 

I actually was strictly speaking to on the field, I think I put in, "from what I can see" or "imo" just meaning Kaepernick never strikes me as a leader, I don't see anything from him in terms of leading a team through intangibles. He's an athletic freak of nature and I've stated before I think his arm is probably stronger than Mariota's... but nobody seemed to struggle more working through their progressions than him. Observationally, he never looks in command of the offense....at least in the little of 49er games I watched. I'm probably reading into nuances, arm chair psychologizing him too much but it's what I really liked about watching Mariota in college. He seemed to have a presence on the field to me. Demeanor, Jeter factor etc. I think I used character and mentality....meant it in terms of on the field. The "it" Brady factor. I'm somewhat a Mariota homer and just really believe he has it. Kaepernick (probably) doesn't. The mental make up. It's what will separate them and their careers. Yeah, I'm all in on Mariota lol. 

And all that said, I'd still be interested in trading for Kaepernick as a Jet fan. 

Thanks for clarifying; thought you meant he was low character/low intelligence.

Thanks for clarifying; thought you meant he was low character/low intelligence.

I actually did mean that but was referring to strictly, on the field. :)

I could be wrong I'm not really even a big NFL fan besides the Jets, but haphazardly watching him that always the impression I got. First read and run.

Celebrates TDS like a prima-donna Wr etc.

I actually did mean that but was referring to strictly, on the field. :)

I could be wrong I'm not really even a big NFL fan besides the Jets, but haphazardly watching him that always the impression I got. First read and run.

Well, that is the knock on Mariota right now. Who knows how he will develop.

Contrary, The knock is he hasn't had to do it, not that he can't. I'm looking at the subtle differences true, but I think again, that's the differences between Henne and Brady.

lol ok I never flew a jet either who knows maybe i can do it if given the chance.

he is going to need a lot of training/study/prep to learn this skill. he is essentially starting at zero.

Kaepernick is a stud. You get him and dont look back. You guys saying "no thanks" are insane.

can you imagine if JN existed when we signed vinny T (the first time)?

Thank you.  The guy is far from a finished product but if you can get him on your team you do it and don't look back.    Dudes would rather have Glennon, Foles?  WTF??  

lol ok I never flew a jet either who knows maybe i can do it if given the chance.

he is going to need a lot of training/study/prep to learn this skill. he is essentially starting at zero.

I think Mariota has every physical and mental trait needed to be a star. Where I see someone like Kapeernick still struggling to read defenses in his fourth year Mariota will be performing at a higher level given the same amount of time.

Not wrting off Kaepernick yet either just think Mariota is the much better overall prospect and will be the better pro when all said and done.

Thank you.  The guy is far from a finished product but if you can get him on your team you do it and don't look back.    Dudes would rather have Glennon, Foles?  WTF??  

Glennon threw 19 TDs in 13 games in 2014. Kaepernick threw 21 in 16 games.

Glennon threw 10 TDs in 6 games (5 starts) this year. Kaepernick threw 19 in 16 games. Kaep has THREE career 300 yard passing games. He is not a franchise QB. I don't know why some are treating him like one. If the team is put on his back, he is going to drop it.

The main problem I have with Kaepernick is that it seems like he has not gotten any better from the first year he started. He's stayed stagnant and often appeared to regress. He also was surrounded by an elite team.

Archived