How furious do u think rex is right now?

jetsfan719

What will make John Idzik one of the best GM's in Jets history?

He got Rex Ryan fired.

SAR I

The problem is he should never have been saddled with Rex to begin with.  We can only wonder how things might have turned out had he been allowed to hire his own coach. 

Bowles commented on Milliner and basically said that the goal of the team is to bring in the best players possible and then at that point it's their responsibility to "prove they are the best player in the building" if they want to get on the field. Coming from a former player that will approach will have a big impact on this roster.

I won't lie, accountability returning to this team is exciting.

Probably cursing woody out right about now lol."

Not at all.  He['s had nothing but good things to say about Woody and realized that the owner was just doing his job.  Make no mistake,  Rex Ryan is happy here in Buffalo.  

Until we can get an O-line that can actually block the bills I think Rex will be fine.

People in Buffalo love Rex now and will love him even more when the Bills go to the playoffs in 2015.   However,  as I have said right along,  The Bills and Jets have to join together to win 4 against the most hated team in the AFC East and that's NE Patriots.

People in Buffalo love Rex now and will love him even more when the Bills go to the playoffs in 2015.   However,  as I have said right along,  The Bills and Jets have to join together to win 4 against the most hated team in the AFC East and that's NE Patriots.

Appreciate the try, and you're certainly welcome here as long as you like, but that collaborative mindset isn't going to happen. If Buffalo hadn't hired Ryan that would be one thing; you'd still have been a division rival but not any type of arch-rival to care much about (being that you haven't made the playoffs since Bill Clinton was president). Rex is thought of way too poorly by way too many Jets fans to get a Jets+Bills us against them sentiment going. They would rather see a happy Tom Brady and Bill Belichick than a happy Rex Ryan. Sorry to burst your bubble; you seem very nice.

That, and even without Ryan, most Jets fans harbor animosity towards every team (including the Jets).

The only person Rex has any right to be pissed at is himself. He was handed a pretty good team, given the ability to select his choice of a high first round QB, had pretty much the ability to get, or not get anything personnel wise for his first 4 years, and build "his" team.

Hell, he even told us before the season started last year, "This is the team I have always wanted to coach"

He failed to hire competent coordinators, failed in his personnel decisions, ran this franchise into the ground. If he wants someone to be pissed at, it should be himself.

Then again, I really doubt he is pissed, because he is a fraud. His only loyalty is to himself, not the Jets, not the Bills, not the Bills fans, not the players. He happily throws others under the bus despite his own failings, to save his own hide. Plus he now has that really super dope Bills mobile, how could anyone driving that thing around Buffalo in the winter ever be pissed?

Besides that, the guy is financially set for life, which is amazing given how incompetent he is at what he is getting paid for.

Appreciate the try, and you're certainly welcome here as long as you like, but that collaborative mindset isn't going to happen. If Buffalo hadn't hired Ryan that would be one thing; you'd still have been a division rival but not any type of arch-rival to care much about (being that you haven't made the playoffs since Bill Clinton was president). Rex is thought of way too poorly by way too many Jets fans to get a Jets+Bills us against them sentiment going. They would rather see a happy Tom Brady and Bill Belichick than a happy Rex Ryan. Sorry to burst your bubble; you seem very nice.

That, and even without Ryan, most Jets fans harbor animosity towards every team (including the Jets).

"They would rather see a happy Tom Brady and Bill Belichick than a happy Rex Ryan"

Thank you.  I know there is no love loss for Rex amongst the Jets fans but I didn't think it was this bad.  As I mentioned,  we love Rex.  I like coming here because I like to see what are AFC East teams are doing and saying.  I think we (meaning Bills and Jets) look forward to a good 2015 season.  

remember when people said he'd never get a HC job again? And then he was the most sought after HC on the market? 

good times. 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...most sought after.  A lot of people said he didn't deserve a head coaching job but are fully aware how many dumbos are running teams in this league.  This was an owner hire and that often means it is based on charming naive people.  Rex batted his eyelashes at Pegulas wife. 

Rex to his credit chose the best place for him, one with a good existing defense because that is all he gives a fig about or knows about.  He would have been seriously exposed if went to the Falcons.  As long as the Bills are top 5 on D next year he could care less what else happens to the team, leave those details to others.

He learned not one thing in his time here, nothing from his mistakes and took all of his fail assistants with him.  He and the team will fail after the brief one year honeymoon period.

He probably isn't unhappy at all. He gets a very nice paycheck, he's enjoying a honeymoon with the Bills fans who are loving him, he's looked at as an upgrade over a very unpopular Doug Marrone, he only has to deal with the Buffalo media, has a great defense, inherited a 9-7 team that has improved it's roster, has Greg Roman as an OC, and owners that look like they are willing to spend money.

Yeah, the QB situation isn't ideal, but 20 other teams have the same problem. There are worse situations he could be in.

The problem is he should never have been saddled with Rex to begin with. We can only wonder how things might have turned out had he been allowed to hire his own coach.

Rex and Idzik sucking at their jobs wasn't mutually exclusive. I haven't been kept up at night wondering how much better the offseason would be if Idzik had gotten a fair shake.

The only person Rex has any right to be pissed at is himself. He was handed a pretty good team, given the ability to select his choice of a high first round QB, had pretty much the ability to get, or not get anything personnel wise for his first 4 years, and build "his" team.

Hell, he even told us before the season started last year, "This is the team I have always wanted to coach"

He failed to hire competent coordinators, failed in his personnel decisions, ran this franchise into the ground. If he wants someone to be pissed at, it should be himself.

Then again, I really doubt he is pissed, because he is a fraud. His only loyalty is to himself, not the Jets, not the Bills, not the Bills fans, not the players. He happily throws others under the bus despite his own failings, to save his own hide. Plus he now has that really super dope Bills mobile, how could anyone driving that thing around Buffalo in the winter ever be pissed?

Besides that, the guy is financially set for life, which is amazing given how incompetent he is at what he is getting paid for.

You are so right but folks say "hey don't listen to what Rex says, he is just being Rex being Rex he always talks this way."

The problem is that no other Jets HC in the history of the franchise was held to this little level of accountability....

I wish Rex well but it was definitely time to move on.

Move on with the Rex talk.  He is still trying to run the ball in the modern day passing game.   Sorry Rex, but you need to do both well enough to win.  

• Rex is the same guy who named Santonio Holmes as a team captain- 
  • Rex is the guy who knew what was wrong with his 28th ranked offense and hired Marty and the offense was ranked 29 and 28 the following two years.  He said he would be more active, where did that get us? http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7421010/rex-ryan-vows-take-bigger-role-new-york-jets-offense
  • Rex is the guy who didn't know we were still in the playoff hunt in 2009
  • Rex is the guy who challenges the spot on plays where there is a rugby like scrum and impossible to really judge where the ball is

In my opinion, Rex should of been fired in 2011 when he admitted to losing the pulse of the team I don't think I had the pulse of our team the way I've done in the past."  

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-coach-rex-ryan-tears-emotional-team-meeting-gang-green-preaches-continuity-change-article-1.1000180%C2'>

I disagree with that.  *I* certainly will root hard for the Bills every time they play the Pats, and I think most Jets fans will too.

I disagree with that.  *I* certainly will root hard for the Bills every time they play the Pats, and I think most Jets fans will too.

You disagree that there are many Jets fans who hate Ryan more than Brady/Belichick? There's already been acceptance that NE wins* a lot of games, gets to a lot of superbowls and wins* most of them. They're used to it. Having Ryan succeed on top of that isn't something that's more attractive to them. They can and have rationalized they at least respect NE for their successes, even while knowing they cheated. 

Many or most?  There are probably "many" Jets fans that hate puppies...  I think most Jets fans / the vast majority will want the Bills to beat the Pats....

Not on this board, unless the outcome of that game directly affects us. If it's late in the season and we're already eliminated (or playoff slots are already locked in)? I don't agree.

The problem is he should never have been saddled with Rex to begin with. We can only wonder how things might have turned out had he been allowed to hire his own coach.

Idziot was like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, and he's still singing "if I only had a brain..."

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...most sought after. A lot of people said he didn't deserve a head coaching job but are fully aware how many dumbos are running teams in this league. This was an owner hire and that often means it is based on charming naive people. Rex batted his eyelashes at Pegulas wife.

Rex to his credit chose the best place for him, one with a good existing defense because that is all he gives a fig about or knows about. He would have been seriously exposed if went to the Falcons. As long as the Bills are top 5 on D next year he could care less what else happens to the team, leave those details to others.

He learned not one thing in his time here, nothing from his mistakes and took all of his fail assistants with him. He and the team will fail after the brief one year honeymoon period.

The thing is that he might not even get the honeymoon period. Buffalo already had the second best defense and best pass defense in the league. Fourth best the year before. There's a good chance that any value Rex adds gets drowned out by the plexiglass effect. They're basically counting on fat guy luck here.

Move on with the Rex talk.  He is still trying to run the ball in the modern day passing game.   Sorry Rex, but you need to do both well enough to win.  

• Rex is the same guy who named Santonio Holmes as a team captain- 
  • Rex is the guy who knew what was wrong with his 28th ranked offense and hired Marty and the offense was ranked 29 and 28 the following two years.  He said he would be more active, where did that get us? http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7421010/rex-ryan-vows-take-bigger-role-new-york-jets-offense
  • Rex is the guy who didn't know we were still in the playoff hunt in 2009
  • Rex is the guy who challenges the spot on plays where there is a rugby like scrum and impossible to really judge where the ball is

In my opinion, Rex should of been fired in 2011 when he admitted to losing the pulse of the team I don't think I had the pulse of our team the way I've done in the past."  

Passing instead of running sure helped the Hawks in the Bowl game.. :winking0001:

Archived