Round 1 = Guaranteed Happiness

prime21

We can all debate who we would like to select at #6 and if we should trade down in the draft but in every scenario I'm walking away happy.

I have a preference but right now I don't think there is someone that they would pick at #6 that I could be unhappy with.

QB - Mariota, - rather not but I am intrigued about the possibility and will trust that management thinks he can be the eventual answer for us.

RB- they are not picking a RB here but If they did I would be shocked at first but then feel like we have found a great piece for the offense for many years to come.

WR  - White/Cooper - I am fine with either but would prefer White.

Pass Rusher - I would prefer a OLB but a DE is fine too. There are some studs in the draft.

OL - A little surprised  but Ground and Pound and Play D would be the montra.

CB - I would be shocked because even if we didn't revamp the secondary its too soon at #6 but if they did I'm thinking we have the best secondary in history (exaggerating)

Trade down - I would be happy with a trade and hopefully it would be for Cleveland's two picks or to the Rams for Foles and #10.

I just can't see myself walking away from the first round unhappy.

As long as we dont end up with Bradford. I like the idea of trading with the Rams for Foles, I would be suprised if that happens but you never know. I think 6 is a little high for a Guard or an OT in this draft. I would prefer Cooper/White or a pass rusher

Funny, but I would rather have Bradford.  The more I think about him, the more the name Jim Plunkett comes to my mind. 

Funny, but I would rather have Bradford.  The more I think about him, the more the name Jim Plunkett comes to my mind. 

This may very well be the case with Bradford I think he's a fantastic QB who has had some really bad luck. Im just happy someone else is taking that chance and not us because apparently he would have cost us a lot of money

I agree with this sentiment. After the offseason FA period we had. And knowing we won't know how good any player is until a few seasons. I have my heart set on Mariotta. But I understand the trade route, OLB, RB, OL too. I think a DL would be questionable or CB as well. But I wouldn't be mad for what McCags has done so far.

Bradford's contract is for about 13 mil against whatever team cap he's on next season. I say take that 13 mil, give it to him as a signing bonus over 3 yrs and extend his contract turning that money into less of an issue. The 13 mil would be spread out over 3 yrs, but the 2015 cap hit would be minimal. as little as 4 mil against this yrs cap .  if he's cut after June 1st in 2016, remaining 9 mil is spread out over year 16 and 17.  In effect, it's a 1 yr contract and a tryout.

We paid Vick 4 mil to sit on the bench , so why not do it for Bradford  and see what we see. Kid can play if he can stay healthy.

I would trade the #6 pick for Bradford, the 20th pick and next yr's 1st and be content.  Would ask the Eagles for more up front thou.

Dream scenario for me is still. Draft Mariotta at 6. Move back into the 1st rd and draft Melvin Gordon. Trade milliner and picks to move back in.

This is great but no one wants Milliner he sucked before he got hurt he sucked when he came back in limited time last year and hes gonna suck when he comes back from this injury

Lol, I think last year, we talked about how "Draft a WR = Guaranteed Not to be Disappointed" and Idzik made sure that didn't come true.  

There are going to be busts in this draft, every draft has them.  Hopefully we avoid them.  I would go with the safe route, grab Cooper if he's there.  Fits in perfectly on the team as the slot WR (Kerley can stretch his arms for those punt returns on the bench), runs smooth routes and adds speed to the lineup.  With the revamped defense, I think having Cooper makes our offense especially dangerous.  

Archived