Cro back in trouble

DaBallhawk

People make fun of Cro for the 10 kids thing but the guy does actually support his kids

Maybe.  When he came to the Jets the first time he had a boatload of unpaid support.  Part of deal sent the money to resolve the cases before he got a dime.  That was what brought all this to our attention in the first place.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cromartie must be magic to hide someone for 3 years while he appears on national television every week. I guess the mothers lawyers couldn't read the Cardinals' schedule to serve him with a subpoena until now

Cromartie must be magic to hide someone for 3 years while he appears on national television every week. I guess the mothers lawyers couldn't read the 'Cardinals'' schedule to serve him with a subpoena until now

LOL. The baby Mamma could have had her own live episode of 'Cops' if she had played her 'cards' right

LOL. The baby Mamma could have had her own live episode of 'Cops' if she had played her 'cards' right

Lol sounds like antonio failed to live up to whatever side deal they worked out for her to not enforce custody rights. Poor kid caught in the middle of a tug or war between two incredibly selfish psychos. There is only one victim here.

Maybe.  When he came to the Jets the first time he had a boatload of unpaid support.  Part of deal sent the money to resolve the cases before he got a dime.  That was what brought all this to our attention in the first place.

I thought it was that the Jets made $700K or so in back payments that he was stiffing them all on. He was still on the last year of his rookie deal from SD, so we fronted a lot of that year's $ right after we got him in March or April. Don't remember the details but it was something like that.

People conveniently forget he's now taking care of his kids - financially, at least - because he was finally forced to by court order. It was hardly because he was such a great guy who didn't need to be told wrong from right.

Lol sounds like antonio failed to live up to whatever side deal they worked out for her to not enforce custody rights. Poor kid caught in the middle of a tug or war between too incredibily selfish psychos. There is only one victim here.

Yep. If she is a danger to the kid and this isn't just a big f-you to her for spite, he should be petitioning the court about her, not hiding the kid in violation of the court's orders.

Yep. If she is a danger to the kid and this isn't just a big f-you to her for spite, he should be petitioning the court about her, not hiding the kid in violation of the court's orders.

yup.

Is there any doubt Cromartie will be completely broke <2 years after he retires?

I thought it was that the Jets made $700K or so in back payments that he was stiffing them all on. He was still on the last year of his rookie deal from SD, so we fronted a lot of that year's $ right after we got him in March or April. Don't remember the details but it was something like that.

People conveniently forget he's now taking care of his kids - financially, at least - because he was finally forced to by court order. It was hardly because he was such a great guy who didn't need to be told wrong from right.

This is true but people do deserve a second chance and hopefully learn from their mistakes. I'm not sure what the Jets did but it was still his money. It wasn't a free note right?

This is true but people do deserve a second chance and hopefully learn from their mistakes. I'm not sure what the Jets did but it was still his money. It wasn't a free note right?

Oh so you are blocking all the illegits together?  Aaah.  I think Cro is married and has a couple leg its, but would not that still make this his 8th chance.  Does everybody deserve an 8th chance?

Oh so you are blocking all the illegits together? Aaah. I think Cro is married and has a couple leg its, but would not that still make this his 8th chance. Does everybody deserve an 8th chance?

Absolutely not but do you know all the details? I don't.

The hate for Cro in this thread is kinda batsh*t insane.

I wonder what the opinions are on guys like Jimmy Page, Ted Nugent, Steven Tyler, Tommy Lee, etc...all manwhores. These dudes are cool though, right?

Don;t agree with this thread at all.  If you have 10 kids with 8 different woman in 6 different states you are CONSTANTLY in trouble and will be till the day you die.  This thread is misleading.

Oh, but he's chaaaaanged!  I wonder if the knows their names yet?

I'm not pretending to know why what happened did happen in this most recent situation (on his part or hers). But his hIs history was poor prior to a court order to change being a deadbeat. The lashing out at the mother of his kid, because she doesn't play CB for the Jets, is pretty awful.

What the Jets did, if I recall correctly, was pay his back support because left to his own devices he stiffed his kids (by stiffing the mothers he left to raise them in his absence). They did it in advance, as in the Jets paid money he hadn't yet earned (i.e. It was NOT his money). They deducted that amount from his future earnings. Had he got cut, for whatever reason, the Jets would have been the ones paying his child support, not Cromartie.

I'm not pretending to know why what happened did happen in this most recent situation (on his part or hers). But his hIs history was poor prior to a court order to change being a deadbeat. The lashing out at the mother of his kid, because she doesn't play CB for the Jets, is pretty awful.

What the Jets did, if I recall correctly, was pay his back support because left to his own devices he stiffed his kids (by stiffing the mothers he left to raise them in his absence). They did it in advance, as in the Jets paid money he hadn't yet earned (i.e. It was NOT his money). They deducted that amount from his future earnings. Had he got cut, for whatever reason, the Jets would have been the ones paying his child support, not Cromartie.

It was 100k given in the form of a bonus or whatever .... Unless the jets where gonna cut him mid season week 1. This whole point is moot

I have 5 kids.  I just usually start from the oldest down and stop once the kid does what I want.  When they don't I just check to make sure its one of mine. 

I'm the only child and yet I still get called the dog's name...who's been dead for five years. I dare anyone to try and remember 10 different names.

I'm the only child and yet I still get called the dog's name...who's been dead for five years. I dare anyone to try and remember 10 different names.

Dare away. You didn't pledge a fraternity I guess.

And there's a difference between misspeaking and seriously not being able to remember. They're his own children.

And there weren't 10 of them at the time, there were 7 or 8. There were more names to remember in the Brady Bunch household, and every kid in the country could name all of them, plus Alice's homly bo, Sam.

Dare away. You didn't pledge a fraternity I guess.

And there's a difference between misspeaking and seriously not being able to remember. They're his own children.

And there weren't 10 of them at the time, there were 7 or 8. There were more names to remember in the Brady Bunch household, and every kid in the country could name all of them, plus Alice's homly bo, Sam.

I chose athletics over doing the elephant walk, yes. 

Fine, then. Could you not name 10 teammates? 10 classmates?

It's unbelievably easy for even the dumbest people. And somehow I sense you know this.

They're his own children. That's what made it so shameful.

I'm not sure why it's not entirely possible for him to be a complete dumbass at the age of 25 who's matured a bit in the five or six years since hard knocks and his baby mama not be the best of parents.  I honestly don't care who's correct so long as the kid is getting cared for.

As for naming the children, it was clearly something that was hyped up more for hard knocks to be comical then him actually forgetting his children. And if it was, I still don't care. I don't look to Cro for my mensa or moral baseline. 

I'm not sure why it's not entirely possible for him to be a complete dumbass at the age of 25 who's matured a bit in the five or six years since hard knocks and his baby mama not be the best of parents.  I honestly don't care who's correct so long as the kid is getting cared for.

As for naming the children, it was clearly something that was hyped up more for hard knocks to be comical then him actually forgetting his children. And if it was, I still don't care. I don't look to Cro for my mensa or moral baseline.

My issue was with people automatically piling on the low income mothers he impregnated and in most cases left like it wasn't his problem, only to do it again. Just pointing out by comparison, he hasn't been so saintly, and until compelled by the courts, was a deadbeat.

Good for him (or more importantly, for his kids) that he's not as bad as he used to be. But the reason for this story is he's again violated court orders with regards to a child of his.

My issue was with people automatically piling on the low income mothers he impregnated and in most cases left like it wasn't his problem, only to do it again. Just pointing out by comparison, he hasn't been so saintly, and until compelled by the courts, was a deadbeat.

Good for him (or more importantly, for his kids) that he's not as bad as he used to be. But the reason for this story is he's again violated court orders with regards to a child of his.

Look, if she didn't want her kid to grow up calling his grandmother Mommy, she shouldn't have been wearing that skirt in that neighborhood.

Archived