JN Mafia Game Thread: The Outsiders

JustInFudge

So.... you FoS 80 for voting for your top scum read.

Yes?

What's so weird about that?

First of all let's be clear about what we're saying.

Calling Verbal my "top scum read" is like saying one kitten in a litter is the cutest.

He has my attention because of what he said to JC but that's about it.

It's a short lead ahead of the rest of the group.

Also for the sake of argument let's say Verbal is my top scum read by far and 80 is number 2. So what? Are you saying scum never distance from each other? Or let's say Verbal is townie and 80 is scum. It really has no bearing on anything because 80's move (slipping into meta) is pretty much independent of whatever Verbal may or may not be or how I view him.

Really though it probably meant nothing. Likely 80 is just being lazy and voted Verbal and hasn't really checked in since. I just thought it was worth noting for later.

Then you give him props for his comback to Pac.

Are you just fluffing your posts now or are you trying to say something by summarizing everything I said?

You conclude with saying he's a viable lynch option pending on his response to this?

Maybe, maybe not.

Why do people always feel compelled to white knight?

I mean I literally told you I was waiting for his response and you still have to push the issue.

Maybe I just want to see what he'd say knowing that I was calling him a "viable lynch".

But **** it I guess.

He always votes for Verbal. It's null. What makes you think that in this instant he's hiding in his meta?  I don't follow this line of thought.

Doing what you always do because people know it's what you do isn't hiding in meta?

Yeah it's null...but since he didn't change his vote at all maybe it's a small sign of his scumminess.

Or maybe he's just being lazy like I said earlier. Who knows. It's worth noting.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I didn't like Verbal's response to JC, it seemed defensive.

Also I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at here.

I'm saying it's funny from our own perspective how little innocent things get seen as scummy by others. If Verbal is innocent he's probably either laughing at me or frustrated. Or even if he's scum. I mean I'm sure every person here has been "caught" as scum for doing something completely innocent and getting lynched over it. You can't help but laugh at how ridiculous that can be sometimes.

And yes I'm saying this applies to me in this game. You thought it was weird I was "avoiding the thread" and then when I posted I "ignored the Lizzie thing" but the honest truth is that I just hadn't bothered to read the thread yet and threw a joke vote on Verbal.

2. Would you mind quoting it? I didn't see it on my read through.

3. Mostly I just thought it was funny.

I mean the term blind squirrel means to catch scum for a non scummy reason.

So if Lizzie is being blind squirreled he's admitting to be scum.

4. Well I was hoping he'd address me before I had to address him mainly.

5. If Lizzie is town the least he could be doing is making a list of people he thinks are scum but getting lynched D1 and having meltdowns is par the course with his recent games so I'm not really expecting much from him. Either he's a belligerent townie or he's scum. Either way it's probably a good idea to just lynch him and get it over with.

1. It just didn't make sense to me that on one hand you're saying it's very likely sarcasm but at the same time you're FoSing and voting Verbal for it. So you don't think it's sarcasm then?  I find it odd that you compare my impression of you with your impression of Verbal.... because you don't seem to think Verbal's post was innocent...... just kinda confusing.

2. Actually I can't at the moment. The site is being really annoying and freezing up mid load. I did manage to snatch what I said (), but I recall both Lizzie and Arsis commenting on it. So just ISO them. In a nutshell when Arsis asserted that he was right about the Ape/Pac exchange last game, Lizzie was like..... liar liar pants on fire... Pac was cop and Ape was town... and then voted him... allegedly catching him on a lie.

3. Fair enough. I didn't know what the term meant. I get it now.

4. Why?

5. What do you make of his claim?

Also for the sake of argument let's say Verbal is my top scum read by far and 80 is number 2. So what? Are you saying scum never distance from each other? Or let's say Verbal is townie and 80 is scum. It really has no bearing on anything because 80's move (slipping into meta) is pretty much independent of whatever Verbal may or may not be or how I view him.

Really though it probably meant nothing. Likely 80 is just being lazy and voted Verbal and hasn't really checked in since. I just thought it was worth noting for later.

Are you just fluffing your posts now or are you trying to say something by summarizing everything I said?

Maybe, maybe not.

Why do people always feel compelled to white knight?

I mean I literally told you I was waiting for his response and you still have to push the issue.

Maybe I just want to see what he'd say knowing that I was calling him a "viable lynch".

But **** it I guess.

Doing what you always do because people know it's what you do isn't hiding in meta?

Yeah it's null...but since he didn't change his vote at all maybe it's a small sign of his scumminess.

Or maybe he's just being lazy like I said earlier. Who knows. It's worth noting.

I just personally don't like it. It's like Lee was getting a hard time last game because she DIDN'T vote for pac at game start. It's a load of crap. It's a damn if you do damn if you don't kind of thing and it's stuff that IMO scum loves to latch on to. I haven't seen nearly enough from 80 to be able to tell anything so I don't see how I'm white knighting anyone. 

Now for the sake of argument, if you were pointing out stuff about 80 that were pinging you and you'd throw in that he might be hiding in his meta, fine. But you basically said... oh 80 is voting for Verbal..... is he still voting him? Cause if he is he might be hiding in his meta. Seems like a pointless thing to note. Then following that you give him points for how he handled himself.... and then your put him in your 'could lynch' pool?  I just don't get how you got there. I'm trying to get your progression.

1. I think you're reading too much into it tbh. It's a light FoS on D1. Not a big deal. Just forming some stances.

2. Oh that. I don't give a **** about last game. That's last game and this is this game. Anyone talking about last game needs to stfu and talk about this game.

3. K

4. So I can have a better grasp on where he's coming from before going at him. Kind of doesn't matter anymore though.

5. Doesn't matter imo. I don't know about you but I'm not going to be able to trust anything he says for the rest of the game.

Unvote

Vote Lizzie

I just personally don't like it. It's like Lee was getting a hard time last game because she DIDN'T vote for pac at game start. It's a load of crap. It's a damn if you do damn if you don't kind of thing and it's stuff that IMO scum loves to latch on to. I haven't seen nearly enough from 80 to be able to tell anything so I don't see how I'm white knighting anyone. 

Now for the sake of argument, if you were pointing out stuff about 80 that were pinging you and you'd throw in that he might be hiding in his meta, fine. But you basically said... oh 80 is voting for Verbal..... is he still voting him? Cause if he is he might be hiding in his meta. Seems like a pointless thing to note. Then following that you give him points for how he handled himself.... and then your put him in your 'could lynch' pool?  I just don't get how you got there. I'm trying to get your progression.

Yeah I get your point about meta being a damned if you do damned if you don't (Ape is particularly vulnerable to this train of thought) however people are not above abusing their own meta. It's worth noting that he voted Verbal and hasn't been seen since and that's all I'm saying.

As for white knighting. Yeah, it would have been cool to just get a response from 80 (or not) without getting sh*t about how I'm FoSing him and Verbal both and whatnot. I mean you never know maybe he saw that and decided not to respond to me because you ran defense for him, intentionally or not.

As for white knighting. Yeah, it would have been cool to just get a response from 80 (or not) without getting sh*t about how I'm FoSing him and Verbal both and whatnot. I mean you never know maybe he saw that and decided not to respond to me because you ran defense for him, intentionally or not.

I'm just trying to figure things out.

For the record:

-I was being a sarcastic dick in response to JC

-I'm going to be playing in a hyperactive game soon, so I'm trying to form a habit of checking in on weekends

-FoS anybody who is using my weekend activity (or lack thereof) against me

A little hungover...hope this right.

Day 1 Vote Count

Verbal (2) - JF80, JC

Lizzie (7) - Arsis, Nyn, CTM, Lily, Leelou, Nolderp

Crusher (1) - Pac

JC (1) - Verb

Arsis (1) - Liz

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch 

The movie was over and the dust settled from the altercation between Greasers and the Socials.  They all parted their separate ways and started to head home.  As Ponyboy and Johnny reached Johnnie's home, they could hear his parents fighting from the street.  It was loud and it sounded like it was getting violent.  Fed up with having to sit through nightly fights, Johnny asked Ponyboy if they could walk to the park and stay there a while so his parents could work it out.  

As they walked down the street headed to the park, they noticed a fancy Cadillac obviously on the wrong side of the tracks was circling the neighborhood.  It looked like a group of Socials.  Once they entered the park, the car stopped and out came 4 prepy looking dwebs dressed in sweaters, loafers and khakis.  It was the same Socs from the drive-thru.  They surrounded the 2 Greasers and started whipping some ass.  Ponyboy, being the pussy he his, was knocked out with one punch.  Johnny, didnt give up so easily.  There was a fountain in the middle of the park and the Socs had Johnny bent over it and were taking turns anally rapping him.  Wait, thats not how the story goes, oh yeah, they were dipping his head in the water and acting like they were going to drown him. Johnny thinking his life was in jeopardy, pulled out his handy switchblade and started stabbing one of the Socials.  The rest of the group, scared, ran away from Johnny and his switchblade leaving their friend to die:

rQGEAKH.jpg

Bob Sheldon, a Social Goon, has been lynched

tumblr_lxijj13cme1r8xzbqo1_500.gif

For the record:

-I was being a sarcastic dick in response to JC

-I'm going to be playing in a hyperactive game soon, so I'm trying to form a habit of checking in on weekends

-FoS anybody who is using my weekend activity (or lack thereof) against me

#1 is not a surprise. 

1. I think you're reading too much into it tbh. It's a light FoS on D1. Not a big deal. Just forming some stances.

2. Oh that. I don't give a **** about last game. That's last game and this is this game. Anyone talking about last game needs to stfu and talk about this game.

3. K

4. So I can have a better grasp on where he's coming from before going at him. Kind of doesn't matter anymore though.

5. Doesn't matter imo. I don't know about you but I'm not going to be able to trust anything he says for the rest of the game.

Unvote

Vote Lizzie

Don't like this vote if Lizzie turns out to be tracker...coulda/shoulda waited to see if he answered the mail?

The movie was over and the dust settled from the altercation between Greasers and the Socials.  They all parted their separate ways and started to head home.  As Ponyboy and Johnny reached Johnnie's home, they could hear his parents fighting from the street.  It was loud and it sounded like it was getting violent.  Fed up with having to sit through nightly fights, Johnny asked Ponyboy if they could walk to the park and stay there a while so his parents could work it out.  

As they walked down the street headed to the park, they noticed a fancy Cadillac obviously on the wrong side of the tracks was circling the neighborhood.  It looked like a group of Socials.  Once they entered the park, the car stopped and out came 4 prepy looking dwebs dressed in sweaters, loafers and khakis.  It was the same Socs from the drive-thru.  They surrounded the 2 Greasers and started whipping some ass.  Ponyboy, being the pussy he his, was knocked out with one punch.  Johnny, didnt give up so easily.  There was a fountain in the middle of the park and the Socs had Johnny bent over it and were taking turns anally rapping him.  Wait, thats not how the story goes, oh yeah, they were dipping his head in the water and acting like they were going to drown him. Johnny thinking his life was in jeopardy, pulled out his handy switchblade and started stabbing one of the Socials.  The rest of the group, scared, ran away from Johnny and his switchblade leaving their friend to die:

rQGEAKH.jpg

Bob Sheldon, a Social Goon, has been lynched

tumblr_lxijj13cme1r8xzbqo1_500.gif

Nice work.

Wow gotta admit I thought Lizzie was doing that thing where he was going to let us lynch a townie out of spite.  Didn't expect him to completely melt down with moderate pressure. 

Knew there was a reason I liked Arsis winning that argument... even if the exchange looked a little forced.

Wow gotta admit I thought Lizzie was doing that thing where he was going to let us lynch a townie out of spite. Didn't expect him to completely melt down with moderate pressure.

Knew there was a reason I liked Arsis winning that argument... even if the exchange looked a little forced.

You I love. I just wanted you to know that.

I didn't like Verbal's response to JC, it seemed defensive.

Also I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at here.

I'm saying it's funny from our own perspective how little innocent things get seen as scummy by others. If Verbal is innocent he's probably either laughing at me or frustrated. Or even if he's scum. I mean I'm sure every person here has been "caught" as scum for doing something completely innocent and getting lynched over it. You can't help but laugh at how ridiculous that can be sometimes.

And yes I'm saying this applies to me in this game. You thought it was weird I was "avoiding the thread" and then when I posted I "ignored the Lizzie thing" but the honest truth is that I just hadn't bothered to read the thread yet and threw a joke vote on Verbal.

Would you mind quoting it? I didn't see it on my read through.

Mostly I just thought it was funny.

I mean the term blind squirrel means to catch scum for a non scummy reason.

So if Lizzie is being blind squirreled he's admitting to be scum.

Well I was hoping he'd address me before I had to address him mainly.

If Lizzie is town the least he could be doing is making a list of people he thinks are scum but getting lynched D1 and having meltdowns is par the course with his recent games so I'm not really expecting much from him. Either he's a belligerent townie or he's scum. Either way it's probably a good idea to just lynch him and get it over with.

For instance, this post. A small push on Verbal while agreeing to the Lizzie lynch. Just a bunch of blah blah blah and zero actual content. Nolder is 100 % Lizzie's teammate, calling it now.

Archived