OTA Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

Really so how did he manage to go 8-8 just 2 yrs ago with a General Manager that sabotaged him ..? And if my memory serves me correct The Jets were not terrible last years yes they lost but a couple of those was on Geno and Marty. Everyone (including me) and the media all praise the marty hiring, he was a damn bust. Didn't Rex bring in Tom Moore a few years back to help the offense, lead the league in redzone TD's but still was in top 3 or in INT's ?  What about the now hated Santonio Holmes, worst jets signing blah blah didn't he win the Jets what 3-4 games a few years ago damn near by himself...? So we can spin this any way you want. I am a Rex supporter been lurking for years on Jetsinsider before the switch, (now i am here and The Bills forum )its funny how we try and rewrite history. Its fine not to like Rex any more but man...!!!! The hate is real from some of yall.  Here are some facts Rex only had 2 losing seasons with the Jets correct ?

Let's compare REX to the other "Jets" coaches

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/12/29/7459667/comparing-rex-ryans-tenure-to-other-nyj-coaches

The 8 coaches to make the playoffs In Jets history have coached a total of 25 postseason games. Rex Ryan has coached the most overall, a total of six playoff games. Herm Edwards is next with 5 playoff appearances while Walt Michaels places third with 4. Ewbank and Walton have only 3 to their credit. Parcells only had two appearances.

Percentage wise: Rex accounts for just under a quarter of Jet playoff appearances and is the only coach to average a playoff game per season average.

Rex is tied with Ewbank for the best in team history with a .666 playoff winning percentage in playoff games. Walt Michaels and Parcells are the only other coaches who have a non-losing  percentages in the playoffs. Both men have gone .500 in postseason play.   In total, The Jets have won 12 of 25 playoff games. Rex Ryan accounts for 33% of Jets playoff victories, winning 4 in his tenure. Herm Edwards, Parcells, and Ewbank all have won two playoff games.

"Playoff wins divided by seasons coached" reveals another interesting factoid. Rex's 4 wins in six seasons are good for a .666 percentage. That averages out to two playoff wins every three years. No coach in Jets history has better than one playoff win per three year percentage.

Rex also holds the record for AFC championship appearances with two trips to the Semifinal. Only Parcells, Michaels and Ewbank have made that game. Of course Ewbank is the only coach to win the AFC championship game.

Summation: Rex Ryan was amongst the most successful playoff coaches in Jets history. He appeared in the most postseason games, tied for best winning percentage, and won the most games. His playoff appearance per season is the best in team history.

Yawn.  same old apologists stats.  His own players have stated there was no discipline or accountability.  Rex ran an undisciplined team and that was his fault.  Rex sucks.  I'm not saying he isn't a great defensive mind.  He just sucks to hell as a leader of men and as a mentor.  Good riddance.  Enjoy your Rex delusions.  

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn.  same old apologists stats.  His own players have stated there was no discipline or accountability.  Rex ran an undisciplined team and that was his fault.  Rex sucks.  I'm not saying he isn't a great defensive mind.  He just sucks to hell as a leader of men and as a mentor.  Good riddance.  Enjoy your Rex delusions.  

All of what you said seems to be true, but so is everything i said.

It has nothing about being a apologists for me, it is about the whole story or are you not interested in that. You just like the parts that valid your biased.

Some ole garbage people like you say.. he sucks.... he sucks... he's players said...... 

Rex isn't as bad you want to believe and yes facts bare's that out. Those pesky facts man smh...

Rex had his time it didn't work out at the end. Lets just hope Bowles can manage to do better. Enjoy your Delusions

All of what you said seems to be true, but so is everything i said.

It has nothing about being a apologists for me, it is about the whole story or are you not interested in that. You just like the parts that valid your biased.

Some ole garbage people like you say.. he sucks.... he sucks... he's players said...... 

Rex isn't as bad you want to believe and yes facts bare's that out. Those pesky facts man smh...

Rex had his time it didn't work out at the end. Lets just hope Bowles can manage to do better. Enjoy your Delusions

You presume too much brother Jets fan.  I have been an avid Jets fan since 1967.  I am a season ticket holder (32 years now) and have invested lots of money, heart and soul into rooting for this team for almost 50 f'cking years.  I can tell you the shortcomings of every Jets HC from Michaels straight through Rex.  So I know the whole story bud.  When Rex was hired I was thrilled.  Ecstatic.. thought we had the right man for the job. Loved his confidence.  Loved his bravado.  (Didn't realize it was all a front).   Loved that his daddy was our DC in the past.  Couldn't have been happier.  

Watching him during his tenure on the Jets slowly changed my mind.  To the point of resentment and disgust.  He is a child in a man's body.  He is an insecure person who covers it up with false bravado.  But none of that matters.  He does not lead.  He is the players' best bud, not their HC.  He is a disorganized mess as well.  His practices were lax.  His teams were often unprepared.  Couldn't win a single game after bye weeks.  That demonstrates inadequate preparation.  He is a poor game day manager.  He doesn't press his assistant HCs to get the job done (just like his players).  But worst... he invested no time or resources into developing any kind of young talent.  That, in and of itself, is inexcusable and irresponsible.  His former players have corroborated all of this.  Particularly the lack of discipline and poor preparation as well as zero accountability.  Glad he's gone.  I have strong confidence that Bowles will wind up being a great HC for us.  But then again, I incorrectly believed that to be the case with Rex.  

You presume too much brother Jets fan.  I have been an avid Jets fan since 1967.  I am a season ticket holder (32 years now) and have invested lots of money, heart and soul into rooting for this team for almost 50 f'cking years.  I can tell you the shortcomings of every Jets HC from Michaels straight through Rex.  So I know the whole story bud.  When Rex was hired I was thrilled.  Ecstatic.. thought we had the right man for the job. Loved his confidence.  Loved his bravado.  (Didn't realize it was all a front).   Loved that his daddy was our DC in the past.  Couldn't have been happier.  

Watching him during his tenure on the Jets slowly changed my mind.  To the point of resentment and disgust.  He is a child in a man's body.  He is an insecure person who covers it up with false bravado.  But none of that matters.  He does not lead.  He is the players' best bud, not their HC.  He is a disorganized mess as well.  His practices were lax.  His teams were often unprepared.  Couldn't win a single game after bye weeks.  That demonstrates inadequate preparation.  He is a poor game day manager.  He doesn't press his assistant HCs to get the job done (just like his players).  But worst... he invested no time or resources into developing any kind of young talent.  That, in and of itself, is inexcusable and irresponsible.  His former players have corroborated all of this.  Particularly the lack of discipline and poor preparation as well as zero accountability.  Glad he's gone.  I have strong confidence that Bowles will wind up being a great HC for us.  But then again, I incorrectly believed that to be the case with Rex.  

All true, but I still love Rex. 

Sorry.  Most fans care a lot whether their team wins or loses.  It renders the rest of your post completely irrelevant.

Most fans are not me. It makes no difference in my life if we win or lose as long as I have fun.

Amen... My sentiments EXACTLY   =D>

Really so how did he manage to go 8-8 just 2 yrs ago with a General Manager that sabotaged him ..? And if my memory serves me correct The Jets were not terrible last years yes they lost but a couple of those was on Geno and Marty. Everyone (including me) and the media all praise the marty hiring, he was a damn bust. Didn't Rex bring in Tom Moore a few years back to help the offense, lead the league in redzone TD's but still was in top 3 or in INT's ?  What about the now hated Santonio Holmes, worst jets signing blah blah didn't he win the Jets what 3-4 games a few years ago damn near by himself...? So we can spin this any way you want. I am a Rex supporter been lurking for years on Jetsinsider before the switch, (now i am here and The Bills forum )its funny how we try and rewrite history. Its fine not to like Rex any more but man...!!!! The hate is real from some of yall.  Here are some facts Rex only had 2 losing seasons with the Jets correct ?

Let's compare REX to the other "Jets" coaches

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/12/29/7459667/comparing-rex-ryans-tenure-to-other-nyj-coaches

The 8 coaches to make the playoffs In Jets history have coached a total of 25 postseason games. Rex Ryan has coached the most overall, a total of six playoff games. Herm Edwards is next with 5 playoff appearances while Walt Michaels places third with 4. Ewbank and Walton have only 3 to their credit. Parcells only had two appearances.

Percentage wise: Rex accounts for just under a quarter of Jet playoff appearances and is the only coach to average a playoff game per season average.

Rex is tied with Ewbank for the best in team history with a .666 playoff winning percentage in playoff games. Walt Michaels and Parcells are the only other coaches who have a non-losing  percentages in the playoffs. Both men have gone .500 in postseason play.   In total, The Jets have won 12 of 25 playoff games. Rex Ryan accounts for 33% of Jets playoff victories, winning 4 in his tenure. Herm Edwards, Parcells, and Ewbank all have won two playoff games.

"Playoff wins divided by seasons coached" reveals another interesting factoid. Rex's 4 wins in six seasons are good for a .666 percentage. That averages out to two playoff wins every three years. No coach in Jets history has better than one playoff win per three year percentage.

Rex also holds the record for AFC championship appearances with two trips to the Semifinal. Only Parcells, Michaels and Ewbank have made that game. Of course Ewbank is the only coach to win the AFC championship game.

Summation: Rex Ryan was amongst the most successful playoff coaches in Jets history. He appeared in the most postseason games, tied for best winning percentage, and won the most games. His playoff appearance per season is the best in team history.

Thank the Colts for half those playoff wins. The colts decided the game against the Jets was their own designated bye week which allowed the jets a playoff berth his first year. So please, when put into context Rex wasn't the anti christ but he was still pretty poor as a HC. As time went bye and Rex was able to put his stamp on the team they became horrible. And as Woody said "Part of the reason Rex is gone is because he agreed with all the bad moves the org made and never said otherwise."

Thank the Colts for half those playoff wins. The colts decided the game against the Jets was their own designated bye week which allowed the jets a playoff berth his first year. So please, when put into context Rex wasn't the anti christ but he was still pretty poor as a HC. As time went bye and Rex was able to put his stamp on the team they got horrible. And as Woody said "Part of the reason Rex is gone is because he agreed with all the bad moves the org made and never said otherwise.

What Woody said was Rex didn't speak up at meetings with him and Idzik.. It was apparent Idzik put a muzzle on Rex and he knew his time was over..If people didn't see the change in Rex when Idzik became GM they are blind. Rex wasn't a complete HC but he was far from the worst HC the Jets ever had..

What Woody said was Rex didn't speak up at meetings with him and Idzik.. It was apparent Idzik put a muzzle on Rex and he knew his time was over..If people didn't see the change in Rex when Idzik became GM they are blind. Rex wasn't a complete HC but he was far from the worst HC the Jets ever had..

Of course he wasn't the worst, but is that really saying much? Kotite, herm, ect. I apologize, he passively went along with everything. If Rex was worth his salt he wouldn't have been in that position to begin with. 

Very very valid points and i agree with most of it. I can't say I am a life long Jets. He actually turned me into one. I love football but i always tended to gravity to individuals on certain teams. I was a Dallas fan for the Triplets, I use to love the Rams (Kurt & Martz) I became a Carolina Panthers fan (The cardiac Cats defense Dan Morgan, Brunkner, Peppers,Rucker, Kris....) 

Speaking of the Carolina I frequented their board, what's funny is I watched the same thing happen to John Fox. It was great for years strong strong defense but only hit on a few offensive players they ended up going 1-15 one year. 

What happened at the end players tuning the coach out. It's nothing new. I know Rex disorganized, that's part of dyslexia which he has, so he isn't a good leader of men, but he was before in the beginning right..? See it's all good when you are winning. What i see in Rex is what i see in alot of other coaches strong on one side of the ball weak on the other, but the difference is none of the other guys talk. Again he is perfect but we can't act like The Jets were just a terrible laughing, we make the Jets out to the Raiders or Jacksonville. Its like there is no middle ground to say it worked for a while it was good, then it went mediocre to bad

Thank You in Advance

Actually  

The HC's can be frustrated as much as they want but it's voluntary and does not reflect on their ability or focus to hold players accountable.

Actually Bowles doesn't sound frustrated one bit, he genuinely respects their decision to not attend every single session and doesn't hold a grudge, he doesn't take it personal.

The both of you are right and I am wrong.    Actuallly,  I have been using the wrong words.  I believe players that don't attend voluntary (unless they have valid reasons), portray a lack of interest, motivation and/or team spirit.    In both the Jets and Bills teams,  there  are new coaches,  new play books,  rookies, etc.  It seems to  follow  that players would want to come in to interract or get to know the new leadership, et al,   help out where the can  or absorb anything that will enhance their game play.   I also believe it is for these reasons that most of the players are participating in the OTA's.  Our Fred Jackson is a good example of how going the extra mile came help a player.    There was talk about releasing him months ago.  Terry Pegula stepped up and made the decision that Fred was staying.  Fred has slowed down some since last season.  However,  he is a great team captain,  can still play good (maybe not great), definitely a team player and one who can teach and help newcomers.  All of this was worth it for Terry Pegula wanting to keep him.  So yes,  OTA are not mandatory but at the end of the day,  I think lack of participation can come back to hurt players that miss OTA's or other voluntary sessions without just cause.

LINK.?????

Hi Tom:

Here's one:  http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/05/27/tyrod-taylor-sees-opportunity-in-the-crowded-bills-qb-field/

"Taylor is the flavor of the month. Granted, the month is May, but there’s a lot of buzz around the league that Taylor has a real chance to win the Bills’ starting job, that he might be a hidden gem who shines when he gets a fair shot at a starting job."

Hi Tom:

Here's one:  http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/05/27/tyrod-taylor-sees-opportunity-in-the-crowded-bills-qb-field/

"Taylor is the flavor of the month. Granted, the month is May, but there’s a lot of buzz around the league that Taylor has a real chance to win the Bills’ starting job, that he might be a hidden gem who shines when he gets a fair shot at a starting job."

Lots of buzz around the league. About Tyrod Taylor. Lots of buzz.

This isn't the only article that gives a thumbs up to Taylor.  It's been going around for a few weeks now.

Here's how that reporter deduced that there's "a lot of buzz around the league" about Tyrod Taylor: Rex told him that there was a lot of buzz around the league about Tyrod Taylor.

Here's how that reporter deduced that there's "a lot of buzz around the league" about Tyrod Taylor: Rex told him that there was a lot of buzz around the league about Tyrod Taylor.

Tom:  Just some inside (Buffalo) information.  Jerry Sullivan, the Buffalo Newsreporter for this article,  is one of the most (if not the most) negative reporters in this area.  He'd rather report something negative than positive.  The guy is an absolute idiot.  Posters in his articles spend more time criticizing this jerk as opposed to making comments about the news at hand.  Taylor's name for the starting QB has come up often over the last several weeks.  It's still too early to tell but so far,  he looks good.  Regardless of who we choose,  we're in good shape and will make the playoffs.  JMO.

So, nothing based on actual performance. Got it.

Not yet.  This is why Rex keeps telling reporters that it's too early to determine who the starting QB will be.  It's all talk and a lot of talk about Taylor at this point.

Not yet.  This is why Rex keeps telling reporters that it's too early to determine who the starting QB will be.  It's all talk and a lot of talk about Taylor at this point.

"Rex" and "all talk" in the same statement.

Interesting.

"Rex" and "all talk" in the same statement.

Interesting.

Thor:  A lot of the talk about Taylor is not coming from Rex.  Also,  I have listened to a lot of Rex's interviews and he's been a pretty straight shooter (no fluff).

Archived