On rep I think I will have to manually adjust things to account for the vbulletin point shaving scandal. I will see if I can export everything out and set a query to determine how many posts someone made during the vb days to adjust things.

wow you're really going to do all that for rep? Ecurb and lil bit will love you for that. The thought of our beloved webmaster staying up all night working on rep is making my eyes swell up.

thanks Sean!

• Upvote 3

wow you're really going to do all that for rep? Ecurb and lil bit will love you for that. The thought of our beloved webmaster staying up all night working on rep is making my eyes swell up.

thanks Sean!

should be simple assuming he knows the data model and the IPBoard start date

Maybe....just maybe we don't reset rep and we just look at evening things out. I have no idea how I got over 500,000. I really think it was because of that evil mod named @BP.

aren't you a/the moderator of this website?  (great job by the way. i came from JI which moved over to scout.  terrible decision on their part).  i bet lots of people give you postive rep to kiss your tushy.    

If you plan a reset, how about everyone gets say 1000 rep for every year on JN, then any rep from that point onwards?

shouldn't new people get a bonus to stick around?  

if you been on here for almost a decade, unless the administrator pulls a JI you ain't going anywhere. the newbies have lots of places to go.

if you been on here for almost a decade, unless the administrator pulls a JI you ain't going anywhere. the newbies have lots of places to go.

@maxman has to pay for his summer nanny and fill up his boat. 

Dont be surprised by a Scout/JN merger. 

Judging by the context from the recent influx, I'm thinking incentives to stay should be right behind making Jetsrule a moderator on Max's to-do list. 

I dunno. It's been fairly entertaining watching Stoicsentry get outdouchefied by SAR over the past year or so.

Easy for you to say, SAR thinks you're on your death-bed, he won't want cripple on his bimmer when he runs you down. 

Sidenote: was in Chicago for just about 48 hours to take a stupid board exam this week, such a fun city. Went to a bar called Sweetwater in my friend's office just to wait until she got out, I spent a couple hours just walking around that area, it's beautiful.  Had no idea Northwestern's hospital was so close, it really jumped up on my list of places to apply to for residency (assuming the budget cuts don't hit the private hospital). Best part is Goose Island was served everywhere that I went. 

I've spent years cultivating my 377 Neutral rep and I really don't want to have to start all the way back to zero. It'll feel very T0mShane-ish.

You still had a neutral rep at +377? Well that gives me a partial answer to the question I asked further up the thread. But I'll ask another: At what point does it become something other than "neutral?"

Easy for you to say, SAR thinks you're on your death-bed, he won't want cripple on his bimmer when he runs you down. 

Sidenote: was in Chicago for just about 48 hours to take a stupid board exam this week, such a fun city. Went to a bar called Sweetwater in my friend's office just to wait until she got out, I spent a couple hours just walking around that area, it's beautiful.  Had no idea Northwestern's hospital was so close, it really jumped up on my list of places to apply to for residency (assuming the budget cuts don't hit the private hospital). Best part is Goose Island was served everywhere that I went. 

Goose Island has gone way downhill over the past few years since they nationalized. Truth be told this is a craft beer city through and through and nobody that lives here drinks their stuff, tourists keep them in business. If you make it back out here, the beers you want to drink are from Three Floyds, Pipeworks, Revolution...etc, and a few more.

• Upvote 1

Goose Island has gone way downhill over the past few years since they nationalized. Truth be told this is a craft beer city through and through and nobody that lives here drinks their stuff, tourists keep them in business. If you make it back out here, the beers you want to drink are from Three Floyds, Pipeworks, Revolution...etc, and a few more.

Well as it turns out, my pallet is not as refined as yours and I still enjoyed it to the swill that I usually can get at bars. I ate at a place called Homeslice? with all the million pennys on the bathroom, pretty decent pizza and that whole downtown just seems awesome. Will have to try those beers, with any luck my gutter pallet will be able to appreciate it.  Hopefully I'll be interviewing at Northwestern, I'll definitely let you guys know. 

Well as it turns out, my pallet is not as refined as yours and I still enjoyed it to the swill that I usually can get at bars. I ate at a place called Homeslice? with all the million pennys on the bathroom, pretty decent pizza and that whole downtown just seems awesome. Will have to try those beers, with any luck my gutter pallet will be able to appreciate it.  Hopefully I'll be interviewing at Northwestern, I'll definitely let you guys know. 

Downtown is OK. Very touristey. Majority of the action, as well as the best beer/food in this city is in the neighborhoods, Lincoln Park, Wicker Park...etc.

And yeah, the Midwest will completely make you rethink the way you drink beer. There's really no comparison between the beer here and in the NY/NJ area.