Brandon Marshall: White Players Treated Differently

AFJF

Really?

You are questioning Brady's greatness.  Hate him. Despise him.  Piss on his grave if you out live him, but he is one of the greatest of alltime.

You sound like a pathetic fanboy when you go rambling on like you did.

Sounds like you are questioning Brady's greatness. I know he isn't great. He is a cheater. There is nothing for me to question. Tom Brady = cheating, not great quarterback. 

The truth is everything he and the Pats* have done since 2001 is suspect and illegitmate. We will never know how good Tom Brady really is or, more accurately isn't, because every single one of his "accomplishments*" happened on an uneven playing field. 

It must suck for Pats fans. Your team finally becomes "great" after 41 years of championship-free futility and it turns out its all been complete and utter bullsh*t. 

As far as I'm concerned, the Pats still haven't won a Super Bowl. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This dates back to last year with the Bears, who had an epic meltdown of a season...active players participating on a show potentially airing out locker room stuff or throwing other players under the bus is a bad idea. TV isnt going anywhere, he can wait until he retires...every player who plays in this town who wants a job on tv gets it once they retire. 

The comment itself this time wasnt anything, but the season hasnt even started yet and this was already national news. The Jets have dealt with enough bullsh*t already this offseason.

That isn't necessarily true. He's getting in while he's relevant, popular, etc. It's Inside The NFL. There aren't 20-30 openings. There are 4, and 2 of them (Collinsworth and Simms) have slots cemented in for a good amount time. By the time Marshall retires and announces he's ready for them, they may say, "Uh, yeah, the position was filled 5 years ago. If something comes up don't call us we'll call you, you freaking nut."

I may not be in love with his participation as a fan of the team he's on, but I can't say I don't understand it. He's marketing himself while his marketing value is high.

You cared enough to type "no one cares" douchebag LOL

Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he was making a comment about what people care about, not about the comments. lol

Havent gone through all the posts but I hope most realize he said that players in the league believe this and he could understand why.  He didn't say anything wrong.  

Really is a nonstory

Really?

You are questioning Brady's greatness.  Hate him. Despise him.  Piss on his grave if you out live him, but he is one of the greatest of alltime.

You sound like a pathetic fanboy when you go rambling on like you did.

He's a cheater.  Will go down as the greatest arrogant, low life, classless cheating QB of all time.

Happy?

“a lot of players” believe

please change the thread title.  he was discussing the feedback he gets from players he talks to

6 pages of people arguing about a point that shot right over their heads.  He was reporting on what he's heard around the league.  How hard was that to get from anyone who heard the remarks.  Oh, wait.......

“I think that there are three different types of players viewing this thing,” Marshall said. “Number one is the fighter. I think there are guys that are in the fight with Tom [Brady]. When one player’s rights are upheld, all players’ rights are upheld. It’s not about what he did if he’s right or wrong, it’s more about the process. Is it fair? The second [type of player’s view] is the coward. I call them cowards. That’s the guys who are afraid to face Tom Brady. They want him suspended. I don’t believe in that. And the last [type] is the race card. There are a lot of players out there that believe that white players, specifically at the quarterback position, are treated differently.”

The race element is what created headlines.

that says a lot more about everybody else.  the instant outrage mafia was out in full force

Dude this is simply stupid. Marshall is on Inside the NFL because they want the current player's perspective and that's what he gave.

You philosophically disagree with what he said so you are desperately attempting to conflate it into a big story. But it's a total non-story. It won't impact one thing in the locker room. 

The only place that paid any really attention to it was PFT which is nothing more than a bored, failed ex-lawyer's football blog. 

No franchise worth their salt..... in the words of Randall Graves - "you sound like an a$$hole!"

And it's a lot easier for Marshall now because the show is done in NY..

it has nothing to do with his latest comment and everything to do with it being a distraction like it was with the Bears.

Distraction? His appearance on the show distracted everyone from the disaster of Cutler and his contract? Is Fitzpatrick not gonna play well because he's too busy wondering if Marsgall thinks he'll get away with something because he's white? This is as "non story" as non story gets. Guarantee you 90% of the players in the locker room agree with him. Him saying it out loud is irrelevant. He didn't mouth off about teammates or call out a player. He pretty much stated a well known fact like the sky is blue. Geez get over it man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By federal judges? Maybe Brandon has a point. 

And then again, maybe he should STFU and contribute to a winning season instead. 

Or maybe he can speak his mind and still contribute to a winning season; how about that?  Funny maybe you should tell him to STFU to his face. 

Or maybe he can speak his mind and still contribute to a winning season; how about that?  Funny maybe you should tell him to STFU to his face. 

He can STFU up. It's something that I would not only happily tell to his face, but I'd take my shirt off and pound my chest while doing so.  

But you scare me, Jet Blue. 

Archived