Brandon Marshall: White Players Treated Differently

AFJF

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm done with this team. Seriously, after 30 years the circus has become too predictable & dull for me. We haven't played one snap of regular season football yet and its already been a debacle of a season.

THIS ORGANIZATION IS NOT CAPABLE OF EXISTING IN THE NFL's LARGEST MEDIA MRKET. Period.

Woody just doesn't get it. If you want to watch...

the Fitzpatrick show, which will be comprised of 2 yard check down passes that will make Pennington look like an Olympic gold medal javelin thrower

Geno riding back into town as our savior in October only to have at least 2 or 3 multiple INT games and then flip off the fans at home if they boo

Then Richardson announcing he's the best player in the league when he returns after his suspension and act like we should worship the ground he walks on

18 episodes of Inside the NFL with Marshall trying to come up with sound bites as he prepares for his broadcasting career, and causing nothing but a distraction to our team in the process

Rex Ryan making comments about the Jets on a weekly basis in press conferences like some creeper ex girlfriend who won't stop texting

Bowles mumbling through press conferences with that forced smile that looks like Woody is under the podium with a gun to his balls just waiting for him to frown

A bottom 10 ranked offense,

bottom 20 defense that will give up yardage like you haven't seen since Dwayne Robertson was the pillar of our defense....

And maybe 4 wins (when the playoffs are out of reach of coarse) ......

.... Be my guest. But I'll be watching college football on Saturdays and the redzone channel on Sunday and enjoying real football, not a weak soap opera.

FU Woody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extend it to the NFL and I will drive.

I'm done with this team. Seriously, after 30 years the circus has become too predictable & dull for me. We haven't played one snap of regular season football yet and its already been a debacle of a season.

THIS ORGANIZATION IS NOT CAPABLE OF EXISTING IN THE NFL's LARGEST MEDIA MRKET. Period.

Woody just doesn't get it. If you want to watch...

the Fitzpatrick show, which will be comprised of 2 yard check down passes that will make Pennington look like an Olympic gold medal javelin thrower

Geno riding back into town as our savior in October only to have at least 2 or 3 multiple INT games and then flip off the fans at home if they boo

Then Richardson announcing he's the best player in the league when he returns after his suspension and act like we should worship the ground he walks on

18 episodes of Inside the NFL with Marshall trying to come up with sound bites as he prepares for his broadcasting career, and causing nothing but a distraction to our team in the process

Rex Ryan making comments about the Jets on a weekly basis in press conferences like some creeper ex girlfriend who won't stop texting

Bowles mumbling through press conferences with that forced smile that looks like Woody is under the podium with a gun to his balls just waiting for him to frown

A bottom 10 ranked offense,

bottom 20 defense that will give up yardage like you haven't seen since Dwayne Robertson was the pillar of our defense....

And maybe 4 wins (when the playoffs are out of reach of coarse) ......

.... Be my guest. But I'll be watching college football on Saturdays and the redzone channel on Sunday and enjoying real football, not a weak soap opera.

FU Woody

epic_high_five.gif

Semi-Borgo level epic.

He's saying what probably every black player feels, right or wrong. Let's put it this way, if Cam Newton pulled what Brady did there'd be a lot more negative press in the media than what Brady endured.

Or if Cam did what Rothlisberger did… Nobody talks about that but i think if big ben was black it would have been different story IMO.

During a give-and-take with fellow panelist Boomer Esiason, Marshall said, “I think that the important role that I play on this show is to give the viewers [an] inside look of the locker room. I am a player right now. This is not just from our locker room; this is from the locker rooms across the states. This is how guys are feeling. This is not just my opinion. These are conversations I’m having with guys.

“It’s just not African-American players. I’ve had this conversation with Caucasian players as well. The most important part of this whole discussion is the process for the players. They just want the process to be fair and right. They just want to get it right.”
http://profootballta...nfl-discipline/ 

everybody gets this part, right ?  he is speaking for a lot of players, black and white

what does he need to be smarter about ?   does he need to feed it to the "instant outrage" crowd in little pieces ?

holy crap, lol

lol you really don't see how an active player moonlighting on a weekly show where he's basically being paid to say controversial stuff could be a conflict of interest? This is kindergarten sh*t that Woody allows.

lol you really don't see how an active player moonlighting on a weekly show where he's basically being paid to say controversial stuff could be a conflict of interest? This is kindergarten sh*t that Woody allows.

what was controversial about what he said ?   

He did it last season with the Bears as well.. You think other players don't have gigs on other shows around the country??

what was controversial about what he said ?   

This dates back to last year with the Bears, who had an epic meltdown of a season...active players participating on a show potentially airing out locker room stuff or throwing other players under the bus is a bad idea. TV isnt going anywhere, he can wait until he retires...every player who plays in this town who wants a job on tv gets it once they retire. 

The comment itself this time wasnt anything, but the season hasnt even started yet and this was already national news. The Jets have dealt with enough bullsh*t already this offseason.

This dates back to last year with the Bears, who had an epic meltdown of a season...active players participating on a show potentially airing out locker room stuff or throwing other players under the bus is a bad idea. TV isnt going anywhere, he can wait until he retires...every player who plays in this town who wants a job on tv gets it once they retire. 

The comment itself this time wasnt anything, but the season hasnt even started yet and this was already national news. The Jets have dealt with enough bullsh*t already this offseason.

potentially ?

Archived