Brandon Marshall: White Players Treated Differently

AFJF

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2000 was a rebuilding year, he was just implementing his cheating methods, they hadn't really taken hold yet. 

He went 11-5 with Matt Friggn' Cassell in 2008 with Brady out. 

The cheating is what made both of them. 

a year after going 16-0 against a tougher sched.  he gets way too much credit for that playoffless 2008 season w/o Brady.

Brandon Marshall and Cris Carter, in a room, discussing social issues and debating hot takes, until someone brings in a plate of cookies and they forget all about it. 

Keyshawn Johnson cracking jokes in the background. Randy Moss flies through the door late. Shannon Sharpe continues his own rehearsal lines back stage. 

The Brady thing speaks more to the disparate treatment minorities face in the U.S. legal system. Few would deny that has been a problem for many years in criminal cases, at least, with a jury involved.

Even being considered a minority in your own country tells enough of the story. Just look at our politically correct language. lol. 

It's a passive technique of psychological implementation. It keeps you "low" in the mind, as if you're not on par with other Americans born here as well, and when you believe it you end up self-enforcing the message. That's clever...but evil.

Words or wordings are pretty powerful. 

I think this really pisses off defenses. He's been getting special treatment for years. You can't breath on Tom Brady without a flag, and god forbid you even get too close to him he'll look for a flag.

Now his receivers cry every single incompletion! Have you noticed? Amendola & Edelman ask for flags after every single incompletion. Plus the refs completely ignore the Pats Oline literally hog collaring defenders. Let's hope that sh*t changes this year.

Nate Solder is white. Tom Brady is white. Junior Galette is black. This is no coincidence!

patriotway.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/09/brandon-marshall-white-players-treated-differently-when-it-comes-to-nfl-discipline/?cid=Yahoo

I wonder it this will impact the locker room at all.

Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall also has a full-time TV gig in part because the show’s producers are never quite sure what he’s going to say.

In that regard, Marshall’s comments Tuesday night on Showtime’s “Inside the NFL” were right on script.

The topic of conversation was Deflategate and the battle between Tom Brady and the NFL, and Marshall said that “a lot of players” believe there’s a double standard based on skin color when it comes to the way the league hands out discipline.

“White players, specifically at the quarterback position, are treated differently,” Marshall said.

Later, host Adam Schein asked Marshall if players believe black players are held to a different standard.

“Absolutely,” Marshall said. “At times, at times, at times, yes.”

During a give-and-take with fellow panelist Boomer Esiason, Marshall said, “I think that the important role that I play on this show is to give the viewers [an] inside look of the locker room. I am a player right now. This is not just from our locker room; this is from the locker rooms across the states. This is how guys are feeling. This is not just my opinion. These are conversations I’m having with guys.

“It’s just not African-American players. I’ve had this conversation with Caucasian players as well. The most important part of this whole discussion is the process for the players. They just want the process to be fair and right. They just want to get it right.”

I'm done with this team. Seriously, after 30 years the circus has become too predictable & dull for me. We haven't played one snap of regular season football yet and its already been a debacle of a season.

THIS ORGANIZATION IS NOT CAPABLE OF EXISTING IN THE NFL's LARGEST MEDIA MRKET. Period.

Woody just doesn't get it. If you want to watch...

the Fitzpatrick show, which will be comprised of 2 yard check down passes that will make Pennington look like an Olympic gold medal javelin thrower

Geno riding back into town as our savior in October only to have at least 2 or 3 multiple INT games and then flip off the fans at home if they boo

Then Richardson announcing he's the best player in the league when he returns after his suspension and act like we should worship the ground he walks on

18 episodes of Inside the NFL with Marshall trying to come up with sound bites as he prepares for his broadcasting career, and causing nothing but a distraction to our team in the process

Rex Ryan making comments about the Jets on a weekly basis in press conferences like some creeper ex girlfriend who won't stop texting

Bowles mumbling through press conferences with that forced smile that looks like Woody is under the podium with a gun to his balls just waiting for him to frown

A bottom 10 ranked offense,

bottom 20 defense that will give up yardage like you haven't seen since Dwayne Robertson was the pillar of our defense....

And maybe 4 wins (when the playoffs are out of reach of coarse) ......

.... Be my guest. But I'll be watching college football on Saturdays and the redzone channel on Sunday and enjoying real football, not a weak soap opera.

FU Woody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm done with this team. Seriously, after 30 years the circus has become too predictable & dull for me. We haven't played one snap of regular season football yet and its already been a debacle of a season.

THIS ORGANIZATION IS NOT CAPABLE OF EXISTING IN THE NFL's LARGEST MEDIA MRKET. Period.

the Fitzpatrick show, which will be comprised of 2 yard check down passes that will make Pennington look like an Olympic gold medal javelin thrower

Geno riding back into town as our savior in October only to have at least 2 or 3 multiple INT games and then flip off the fans at home if they boo

Then Richardson announcing he's the best player in the league when he returns after his suspension and act like we should worship the ground he walks on

18 episodes of Inside the NFL with Marshall trying to come up with sound bites as he prepares for his broadcasting career, and causing nothing but a distraction to our team in the process

Rex Ryan making comments about the Jets on a weekly basis in press conferences like some creeper ex girlfriend who won't stop texting

Bowles mumbling through press conferences with that forced smile that looks like Woody is under the podium with a gun to his balls just waiting for him to frown

bottom 20 defense that will give up yardage like you haven't seen since Dwayne Robertson was the pillar of our defense....

.... Be my guest. But I'll be watching college football on Saturdays and the redzone channel on Sunday and enjoying real football, not a weak soap opera.

FU Woody

Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

FU Woody

^this guy gets it

FU Woody

Are you serious????  

overreact.jpg

This is no distraction at all at least not to me. He is just stating how many African American players feel, rightly or wrongly.  This time next week no one is going to remember it so what is the big deal?

Exactly. And it's not like he's the first person to say it. 

The only reason that moronic hack Florio posted it on his site is because it must be a slow news day. 

Exactly. And it's not like he's the first person to say it. 

The only reason that moronic hack Florio posted it on his site is because it must be a slow news day. 

You know right.  It is not like the press or JN could whine anymore about the Patriots.  :)

You know right.  It is not like the press or JN could whine anymore about the Patriots.  :)

Stop trying desperately to deflect. The Pats are an embarrassment to the entire sports world. They are the Lance Armstrong of football. 

Deal with it..... but not here. We are tired of your pathetically moronic excuses that form the basis of the dumbest "defense" of a lying, cheating pack of scumbags history has ever seen.

FU Woody

Hahahahaha oh man this is great! The "I'm done with this team" wild rant didn't even make it to week 1 this year, I love it!

FU Woody

Lol!!! Adios!

Stop trying desperately to deflect. The Pats are an embarrassment to the entire sports world. They are the Lance Armstrong of football. 

Deal with it..... but not here. We are tired of your pathetically moronic excuses that form the basis of the dumbest "defense" of a lying, cheating pack of scumbags history has ever seen.

Want a tissue?

Why don't you go look in the mirror at some of your utterly moronic posts about Brady.  Idiot. 

Archived