Brandon Marshall: White Players Treated Differently

AFJF

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This dates back to last year with the Bears, who had an epic meltdown of a season...active players participating on a show potentially airing out locker room stuff or throwing other players under the bus is a bad idea. TV isnt going anywhere, he can wait until he retires...every player who plays in this town who wants a job on tv gets it once they retire. 

The comment itself this time wasnt anything, but the season hasnt even started yet and this was already national news. The Jets have dealt with enough bullsh*t already this offseason.

No no no, he's just misunderstood, you see. Fourth team's the charm!

I hate loudmouth, distraction-causing players. Marshall may turn out to be one for us, but this specific comment isn't really an example of him being one. No biggie.

Marshall isn't as much of a dirtbag as Dumbtonio but in a couple years as he deteriorates he may get there.

This dates back to last year with the Bears, who had an epic meltdown of a season...active players participating on a show potentially airing out locker room stuff or throwing other players under the bus is a bad idea. TV isnt going anywhere, he can wait until he retires...every player who plays in this town who wants a job on tv gets it once they retire. 

The comment itself this time wasnt anything, but the season hasnt even started yet and this was already national news. The Jets have dealt with enough bullsh*t already this offseason.

Yet the fans keep their ears to the ground every second listening in. Its really not that serious, if football for goodness sake. The man has a show, so what. It's like Howard Stern, all the people who dont care for this seems to be the very people chiming in. Its because deep down they want to listen in because they enjoy potential controversy. It makes things relevant for them. 

The proof will be in the pudding. Every week he's on some poster will post his statement talking about how he shouldnt be doing this or shouldnt have said that, yet create an entire topic on it with detailed information via a link wanting everyone to be interested in something that he "shouldnt be doing".

Jet fans will love it just like Chicago fans did last year. This will simply be the excuse used if the Jets have a poor season, but most of the critics will be tuning in. Dude said nothing wrong yet Jet fans already are trying their very best to blow this out of proportion. It's not even a story. 

Yet the fans keep their ears to the ground every second listening in. Its really not that serious, if football for goodness sake. The man has a show, so what. It's like Howard Stern, all the people who dont care for this seems to be the very people chiming in. Its because deep down they want to listen in. 

The proof will be in the pudding. Every week he's on some poster will post his statement talking about how he shouldnt be doing this, yet create an entire topic on it with detailed information via a link. 

Jet fans will love it just like Chicago fans did last year. This will simply be the excuse used if the Jets have a poor season, but most of the critics will be tuning in. Dude said nothing wrong yet Jet fans already are trying their very best to blow this out of proportion. It's not even a story. 

If the Jets struggle out of the gate and the QB's dont play well, it's not going to be a good look with him moonlighting. Woody hasn't learned, no franchise worth their salt would let this sh*t go on. Its amateur hour. Showtime is paying him to say stuff that stirs the pot. 

If the Jets struggle out of the gate and the QB's dont play well, it's not going to be a good look with him moonlighting. Woody hasn't learned, no franchise worth their salt would let this sh*t go on. Its amateur hour.

????? lol, enjoy the season and stop trying to ruin it for yourself. Week 1 hasnt even began and you're already moaning about Woody and how he hasnt learned. Obviously he's doing a great job since you follow everything he does, or dont do. 

If the Jets struggle out of the gate and the QB's dont play well, it's not going to be a good look with him moonlighting. Woody hasn't learned, no franchise worth their salt would let this sh*t go on. Its amateur hour. Showtime is paying him to say stuff that stirs the pot. 

I don't think Woody had any input into the team trading for Marshall. Unless you're saying that Woody should've vetoed the trade. Maccagnan is responsible.

if the QB's struggle out of the gate there will be a $hitstorm ... But it will not be over Marshall.

it will be over Geno/Fitz/the draft pick/Mecklenberger/the Tampa kid/ next years QB's in the draft, etc

I'm done with this team. Seriously, after 30 years the circus has become too predictable & dull for me. We haven't played one snap of regular season football yet and its already been a debacle of a season.

THIS ORGANIZATION IS NOT CAPABLE OF EXISTING IN THE NFL's LARGEST MEDIA MRKET. Period.

Woody just doesn't get it. If you want to watch...

the Fitzpatrick show, which will be comprised of 2 yard check down passes that will make Pennington look like an Olympic gold medal javelin thrower

Geno riding back into town as our savior in October only to have at least 2 or 3 multiple INT games and then flip off the fans at home if they boo

Then Richardson announcing he's the best player in the league when he returns after his suspension and act like we should worship the ground he walks on

18 episodes of Inside the NFL with Marshall trying to come up with sound bites as he prepares for his broadcasting career, and causing nothing but a distraction to our team in the process

Rex Ryan making comments about the Jets on a weekly basis in press conferences like some creeper ex girlfriend who won't stop texting

Bowles mumbling through press conferences with that forced smile that looks like Woody is under the podium with a gun to his balls just waiting for him to frown

A bottom 10 ranked offense,

bottom 20 defense that will give up yardage like you haven't seen since Dwayne Robertson was the pillar of our defense....

And maybe 4 wins (when the playoffs are out of reach of coarse) ......

.... Be my guest. But I'll be watching college football on Saturdays and the redzone channel on Sunday and enjoying real football, not a weak soap opera.

FU Woody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, no one cares. Bye.

Yahoo article on Bowles reaction:

http://nypost.com/2015/09/10/bowles-on-marshall-talking-race-and-deflategate-be-smarter/

Jets coach Todd Bowles wants wide receiver Brandon Marshall to be “smarter” during his TV appearances with how he expresses himself.

Marshall made headlines Tuesday with remarks on Showtime’s “Inside the NFL” about players around the league believing race played a role in Tom Brady’s suspension being overturned. Bowles said Marshall sought him out Wednesday to discuss what he said.

“I think his opinion is well-warranted in what he said,” Bowles said. “I’m sure you have cases. Back when I played I’ve seen some things just like he’s seen some things. I’m not on that platform. He is and he’s got to be smarter.”

Bowles said he has no problem with players expressing their opinions, but Marshall must be careful with how he says things, especially with sensitive topics such as race.

“He can express his opinion,” Bowles said. “I have no problem with it. I’d just like him to be smarter going forward.”

How so?

“In terms of how he says things,” Bowles said. “You can say things and they come out a different way than what you mean it. You’ve just got to be smarter that way.”

Marshall was unavailable to speak to reporters Wednesday. The 31-year-old wide receiver is in his first season with the Jets, but his second on “Inside the NFL.” The show created problems for him last year with the Bears because he was flying to New York every Tuesday to film it. The trade that landed him with the Jets cleared that problem up. Now, the question is will he create distractions each week on the show?

“It’s not a distraction,” Bowles said. “I read what he said and I heard what he said. Me and Brandon had a talk about it and we’re fine. We’re both fine and he’s fine. The team is fine, too. So, it’s no big deal.”

The show’s hosts were discussing Deflategate when Marshall offered up his take of how current players see the controversy.

“I think that there are three different types of players viewing this thing,” Marshall said. “Number one is the fighter. I think there are guys that are in the fight with Tom [Brady]. When one player’s rights are upheld, all players’ rights are upheld. It’s not about what he did if he’s right or wrong, it’s more about the process. Is it fair? The second [type of player’s view] is the coward. I call them cowards. That’s the guys who are afraid to face Tom Brady. They want him suspended. I don’t believe in that. And the last [type] is the race card. There are a lot of players out there that believe that white players, specifically at the quarterback position, are treated differently.”

The race element is what created headlines.

No one else in the Jets locker room was going to touch the topic Wednesday.

“That’s all Brandon,” cornerback Darrelle Revis said.

Another interesting element of Marshall’s comments is the Jets, from Bowles on down, have been very cautious to say nothing about Brady and the case throughout. As a TV commentator, Marshall had to address it.

“It’s not for us to talk about,” Bowles said. “We don’t play New England until later in the year. It doesn’t even bother us. It doesn’t affect us. It’s not on our team. It’s not around our team. Anything [other than] what we do ourselves takes away from our preparation for the game.”

Tune in next week to see what new headlines Marshall makes on the show.

I have a strong feeling that the trade came with the understanding that Marshall would continue his role on the show. 

The difference between a player like Brandon Marshall & Santonio Holmes is that Marshall lays it all out on the field. I'm positive that the Jets knew he would continue with INSIDE THE NFL. 

Someone said it would be an issue if we start losing? EVERYTHINGS an issue in NY when you start losing! When Brandons abusing some 5'-9" CB, you'll forget all about his Showtime gig.

Dude this is simply stupid. Marshall is on Inside the NFL because they want the current player's perspective and that's what he gave.

You philosophically disagree with what he said so you are desperately attempting to conflate it into a big story. But it's a total non-story. It won't impact one thing in the locker room. 

The only place that paid any really attention to it was PFT which is nothing more than a bored, failed ex-lawyer's football blog. 

No franchise worth their salt..... in the words of Randall Graves - "you sound like an a$$hole!"

Is "pathetically mornonic" a term of endearment?  :huh: 

So you don' understand football enough to actually challenge what I said so instead you attack me personally. 

Hey... that's your thing. I get it. 

If I didn't understand football I'd probably lash out like that to be noticed also. 

I'm not surprised. Most Pats fans have a stunted understanding of the game. It's part of the reason they are Pats fans. 

So you don' understand football enough to actually challenge what I said so instead you attack me personally. 

Hey... that's your thing. I get it. 

If I didn't understand football I'd probably lash out like that to be noticed also. 

I'm not surprised. Most Pats fans have a stunted understanding of the game. It's part of the reason they are Pats fans. 

Really?

You are questioning Brady's greatness.  Hate him. Despise him.  Piss on his grave if you out live him, but he is one of the greatest of alltime.

You sound like a pathetic fanboy when you go rambling on like you did.

Dude this is simply stupid. Marshall is on Inside the NFL because they want the current player's perspective and that's what he gave.

You philosophically disagree with what he said so you are desperately attempting to conflate it into a big story. But it's a total non-story. It won't impact one thing in the locker room. 

The only place that paid any really attention to it was PFT which is nothing more than a bored, failed ex-lawyer's football blog. 

No franchise worth their salt..... in the words of Randall Graves - "you sound like an a$$hole!"

it has nothing to do with his latest comment and everything to do with it being a distraction like it was with the Bears.

The difference between a player like Brandon Marshall & Santonio Holmes is that Marshall lays it all out on the field. I'm positive that the Jets knew he would continue with INSIDE THE NFL. 

Someone said it would be an issue if we start losing? EVERYTHINGS an issue in NY when you start losing! When Brandons abusing some 5'-9" CB, you'll forget all about his Showtime gig.

As long as his wife isn't "some 5'9" CB, I am fine with this.

Archived