Classic Clips

nyjunc

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

damn! This was great. The Sack exchange is what got me into the Jets but these are the Jets I fell in love with.  Kenny O, Toon, Walker, Shuler, Mcneil, Mehl, Clifton, Lyons Gastineau.   Oh man I loved these guys.  

Screw Boomer and Collinsworth!  lol 

Thanks for posting. 

The Jets had great talent in the early to mid 1980's.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

holy $hit!!!!  I almost forgot just how bad it was back then. I was at that game. One of the 21,000 idiots. lmao!!!

As bad as we feel like it can be sometimes, it was never like that again.  Did you hear how the fans were screaming at Kotite as he walked through the tunnel?  Jesus! 

I was there too, those were the dark ages.  Parcells lifted us out in 97 and we wouldn't return until the Todd Bowles era.  I know Gase isn't Parcells but it feels a little like 97 with the regime change.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I was there too, those were the dark ages.  Parcells lifted us out in 97 and we wouldn't return until the Todd Bowles era.  I know Gase isn't Parcells but it feels a little like 97 with the regime change.

right. It does seem like we left a mindless second their staff and added a bunch of experienced guys. Very similar except Parcells had already coached in 3 super bowls . And as bad as it has been these past few years, watching that vid makes me realize just how much worse it was then. It was embarrassing. Laughable.  we matched our Kotitian two season win total this year. lol 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is a great game that we should have won handily. Folk missed 3 FG's. One in OT.  Santonio Holmes won the game at the end. Good watch. 

Yep, folk missed a couple of easy FGs and up by a TD late the D allowed Colt McCoy to lead a game tying FG in the final minutes.  Frustrating game with a great ending.

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2019 at 7:30 AM, nyjunc said:

1991 vs Green Bay

This game was on my wedding day. After the ceremony we were stuck in post game traffic on Rt.3 on our way to the Landmark on rt.17. My new wife and I had our heads out of the sunroof of our limo and all the fans were honking their horns and telling me about the game. I started a mini JETS chant with the cars around me. What a great memory, and a wonderful wife. Sadly she passed away suddenly 3 years ago this past Wednesday. That's one Jets game I didn't mind missing.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Big Snell said:

This game was on my wedding day. After the ceremony we were stuck in post game traffic on Rt.3 on our way to the Landmark on rt.17. My new wife and I had our heads out of the sunroof of our limo and all the fans were honking their horns and telling me about the game. I started a mini JETS chant with the cars around me. What a great memory, and a wonderful wife. Sadly she passed away suddenly 3 years ago this past Wednesday. That's one Jets game I didn't mind missing.

Very sorry to hear about your wife but I am glad this game can bring back some great memories for you with her.

• Upvote 1

That’s a great story. Thanks for sharing that. It’s always cool when you can lock up with a crowd and get something going. I’ve had some really awesome times on the train back from yankee stadium.

Your wife sounds like she “got it” which is precious. I’m sorry to hear about her passing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

On 6/24/2019 at 1:47 PM, JetsFanatic said:

Just watched that whole 80's recap.  I found myself having hope for those teams again. LMAO!!!   I loved those teams and we did nada! 

Here's to hoping we are on the cusp of something great!   Thanks for posting.  I enjoyed taking my son through a painful stroll down memory lane

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Does anyone have the Jets- Bills playoff game highlights from the early 80's ? I was sitting in the bleachers behind BIG DADDY and was on NFL films .

There are highlights in the video yearbook

Here's the full game