Fitzpatrick’s Efficiency Best for Jets Since Favre

JetNation

There were stats cited that take away the blindness. There are stats now that weigh score, situation etc. Sanchez failed more often than not across the weighted stats and the blind stats.

Forget about it.  He'll never get it.  Guy still believes Pennington was a HOFer, Sanchez was once a top 10 QB, and that UNC's football program did nothing wrong.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were stats cited that take away the blindness. There are stats now that weigh score, situation etc. Sanchez failed more often than not across the weighted stats and the blind stats.

they are all still blind stats.  stats are more advanced but those new stats are subjective.  Favre was awful for us and cost us a season.

there weren't many QBs better than Mark in 2010 w/ all that went on w/ our team(injuries, suspensions, style of offense/HC, etc...).  the game is about winning, he and the pass O pulled many games out late through the air.

Forget about it.  He'll never get it.  Guy still believes Pennington was a HOFer, Sanchez was once a top 10 QB, and that UNC's football program did nothing wrong.

when you have nothing just throw out lies and deflect.

for the record,

Chad was a good QB.  Not a HOFer but a good QB,

Sanchez was top 10ish in 2010(8-12 range)

I know UNC football did some wrong things and they have been punished for it.  UNC MEN'S BASKETBALL did nothing wrong.

I'm happy everyone is giddy about being 2-0 (it's def. exciting) but Fitz is not a quality NFL QB.  People need to come to that realization.

If it weren't for Fitz being under center, making some plays and limiting the number of turnovers, we'd be sitting here with Geno at 1-1 or 0-2 wondering how that game(s) slipped away from us.  I'll take an ugly 2-0 with a QB who only marginally contributed to our victories over being 1-1 or 0-2 and having the QB being the # 1 reason we're not 2-0.

Yup...big drop from Decker in the RZ that cost them a chunk of yards.

If this is the play I'm thinking of it was a great play by the defender.  Don't discredit the Colts defense, its not as bad as everyone thinks, they remind me of our defense with the same injury issues last year.  We got a bunch of unknown DBs we had to face last night.

Enunwa's 2 drops should have been caught though, hope he gains more confidence each week.  Really nice catch when it mattered though.

If it weren't for Fitz making some plays and limiting the number of turnovers we'd be sitting here at 1-1 or 0-2 wondering how that game(s) slipped away from us.  I'll take an ugly 2-0 with a QB who only marginally contributed to our victories over being 1-1 or 0-2 and having the QB being the # 1 reason we're not 2-0.

It's insane people read that and now they are committed to repeating over and over he isn't an "NFL QB." He could go 5-0 to start the season but if we lose game 6 because of a turnover it will be "TOLD YA TOLD YA TOLD YA!!!!" Would rather be messageboard right than Jets fan happy. It's a sickness of the millenial generation I do believe.

Favre was terrible for us, another example of #s not meaning a heck of a lot.

Fitz has been ok, the D has been great(outside of the 1st qtr and a half vs. Cle).  just get decent football from fitz, limit big TOs and we can win.

You are wrong at just about every thing you put your name to, especially when it concerns QBs.

To those who ask how Patriot fans got so smug and entitled look at this thread and how Jets fans are acting after 2 games of steady QB play. After years of garbage now THAT'S not even good enough after two lousy weeks.

except we haven't had steady QB play these last 2 weeks.

Those arent blind stats. And since you're heavily weighing "crunch time" or whatever- Fitz had his best drive when we needed it most last night. 

Very true, this other guy is living in bizzaro world where Favre sucks and Sanchez deserves a statue out front of the stadium smh

If it weren't for Fitz being under center, making some plays and limiting the number of turnovers, we'd be sitting here with Geno at 1-1 or 0-2 wondering how that game(s) slipped away from us.  I'll take an ugly 2-0 with a QB who only marginally contributed to our victories over being 1-1 or 0-2 and having the QB being the # 1 reason we're not 2-0.

or we'd be 2-0 in 2 blowouts instead of being in a 3 pt game last night.  QB play has not been the difference the first 2 weeks.  Fitz isn't top 5 why we are 2-0.  Marshall saved him last week, the D saved him this week. who as there to save geno the last 2 years?

If this is the play I'm thinking of it was a great play by the defender.  Don't discredit the Colts defense, its not as bad as everyone thinks, they remind me of our defense with the same injury issues last year.  We got a bunch of unknown DBs we had to face last night.

Enunwa's 2 drops should have been caught though, hope he gains more confidence each week.  Really nice catch when it mattered though.

that was the play the defender knocked it away as Decker was falling to the ground, he never really had it.  it was a very difficult catch to make.  could have been caught but very difficult.

I guess I didn't see what you saw.  I saw one good drive in the 4th quarter and it was a VERY good and timely drive - the offense stepped up when they had to.  It was impressive, but the rest of the game he was incredibly unimpressive (to me)

I think some of the problem was more the playcalling that didn't match the situation, what the defense was giving up, or the personnel (namely Fitzpatrick without burners to get enough separation down there). Too many deep calls when they weren't necessary and when shorter stuff was working so well. I don't care that he can technically reach however many yards downfield. The deeper throws were mostly bad and in double or triple  coverage. 

I think things seem better because we won (don't they always?). He didn't have multiple turnovers (nor should he against a backup secondary), and the Colts offense did nothing (or shot themselves in the foot). The exact same game from Fitzpatrick and the offense, with the Colts scoring 30+ points like they commonly do, and after a 34-20 loss suddenly our same offense isn't so wonderful anymore.

All those breaks we got and it was still a 3 point game in the 4th quarter. 

As long as adjustments are made, it won't matter. There are no bonuses for style points. The comments are more of concern over potentially bad things to come. If the Colts' offense didn't take the night off, did they just display how to beat the Jets (let Fitzpatrick try to beat you deep)?

He is wrong about Sanchez, but I think he has a point that Favre's 2008 season is way overrated around here.  Their schedule was crazy easy, they lost to some sh*t teams and his injury is conveniently slated to match his poor games.  What explains his 2 INTs and 3 fumbles putting up 13 vs. the 5-11 Raiders?  His 3 INTs vs. the Chargers? His 12 first downs against the Pats?  People act like the Jets were the best team in the league before Favre got hurt.  Yes, they beat the Titans.  They split with the Dolphins and Pats (no Brady) who were 11-5.  The other teams they beat were the 9-7 super bowl loser Cards on the tough cross country trip, 4-11-1 Bengals, 2-14 Chiefs, 2-14 Rams and 7-9 Bills twice.  They lost to the 8-8 Chargers, 8-8 Broncos (at home!), 4-12 Seahawks, and 7-9 49ers.  That was not a dominating team. 

It's insane people read that and now they are committed to repeating over and over he isn't an "NFL QB." He could go 5-0 to start the season but if we lose game 6 because of a turnover it will be "TOLD YA TOLD YA TOLD YA!!!!" Would rather be messageboard right than Jets fan happy. It's a sickness of the millenial generation I do believe.

I am very happy with Fitz but I am not going to pretend he has been great.  he's been ok at best, he kept Indy in the game last night but also led a great drive after Indy pulled w/in 3.  he has been mediocre and been lucky his TOs haven't been bigger thanks to his teammates picking him up.  all we need is mediocre and to limit big TOs so I am happy w/ him as of now but I won't pretend our QB problems are solved.

He is wrong about Sanchez, but I think he has a point that Favre's 2008 season is way overrated around here.  Their schedule was crazy easy, they lost to some sh*t teams and his injury is conveniently slated to match his poor games.  What explains his 2 INTs and 3 fumbles putting up 13 vs. the 5-11 Raiders?  His 3 INTs vs. the Chargers? His 12 first downs against the Pats?  People act like the Jets were the best team in the league before Favre got hurt.  Yes, they beat the Titans.  They split with the Dolphins and Pats (no Brady) who were 11-5.  The other teams they beat were the 9-7 super bowl loser Cards on the tough cross country trip, 4-11-1 Bengals, 2-14 Chiefs, 2-14 Rams and 7-9 Bills twice.  They lost to the 8-8 Chargers, 8-8 Broncos (at home!), 4-12 Seahawks, and 7-9 49ers.  That was not a dominating team. 

Well I think everyone is in agreement that Testaverde's 1998 season >>>> Favre's 2008 season.  But that doesn't mean Favre's is overrated.  It just means, again, that our QB play was so bad from 2009-14 that Fitz's 2015 campaign is already off to 2008 Farvian levels.

Well I think everyone is in agreement that Testaverde's 1998 season >>>> Favre's 2008 season.  But that doesn't mean Favre's is overrated.  It just means, again, that our QB play was so bad from 2009-14 that Fitz's 2015 campaign is already off to 2008 Farvian levels.

why would you even put Vinny's best season in Jets history for a QB in the same sentence as Favre's awful season?

w/ similar talent against weaker sched we can't make the playoffs w/ the great Favre, the next 2 years we are playing for the chance to go to the SB.

Favre was ok up until his injury then completely sucked. That year was kind of a joke all around as Favre had no interest on even being here. 

Fitz has been the beneficiary of 10 TO's in two weeks.  He has not looked crisp, he has not been making progressions and has missed a lot of open receivers.

I'm happy everyone is giddy about being 2-0 (it's def. exciting) but Fitz is not a quality NFL QB.  People need to come to that realization.

We're so starved for even reasonable QB play we're falling in love with 1 interception a week and an offense that has been handed incredible field position, yet often struggled to score.

I'm sure the offense will get better, but let's not make Fitz out to be anything more than he is.

as usual, I disagree  with just about every word you say.

Favre was ok up until his injury then completely sucked. That year was kind of a joke all around as Favre had no interest on even being here. 

I agree completely, but people keep acting like that team was headed for the super bowl if not for the injury.  I don't think there is even any definitive proof as to when he was hurt.  Favre was okay and the team was good enough to be in the playoff mix.  Favre gave us a puncher's chance against anybody, but also the kind of heartbreaking turnovers he provided the Vikings shortly thereafter.

he has been mediocre and been lucky his TOs haven't been bigger thanks to his teammates picking him up.  

Lucky as in his TOs happen down field and not in the backfield - or that they don't happen when we're down and need points? Please elaborate.

People claim to know the real Fitzpatrick that will inevitably emerge, but if he doesn't have to throw the ball 40-50 times a game and continues to play productively then we are in damn good shape. 

No he wasn't, he had a few good games but most of that season he wasn't good.  His arm was fine. he made his career playing through pain.  he sucked late b/c as it got cold and he didn't want to be here he gave up. it was decision making not arm strength that sabotaged our season.

dude your f'ing stoned, this has to be a joke right?? Favre had surgery after the season on his elbow/arm, the Jets also got in trouble for not disclosing his injury and doctoring weekly injury reports. SMH

I agree completely, but people keep acting like that team was headed for the super bowl if not for the injury.  I don't think there is even any definitive proof as to when he was hurt.  Favre was okay and the team was good enough to be in the playoff mix.  Favre gave us a puncher's chance against anybody, but also the kind of heartbreaking turnovers he provided the Vikings shortly thereafter.

he threw away GBs SB chances in 2007 and Minnesota's in 2009 in title games.  for us he threw it away before even getting to the playoffs.  Favre is a HOFer obviously but one of the most overrated QBs in history.  He is way down the list of QBs I'd want if I needed to win a big game.

Lucky as in his TOs happen down field and not in the backfield - or that they don't happen when we're down and need points? Please elaborate.

People claim to know the real Fitzpatrick that will inevitably emerge, but if he doesn't have to throw the ball 40-50 times a game and continues to play productively then we are in damn good shape. 

lucky that Marshall stripped the ball and we got it right back.  Lucky after he cost us points last night that the D got a stop.

again, I am happy overall but I am not going to pretend he has been great.

dude your f'ing stoned, this has to be a joke right?? Favre had surgery after the season on his elbow/arm, the Jets also got in trouble for not disclosing his injury and doctoring weekly injury reports. SMH

so what? he made his career as the "iron man" playing through pain.  that is just an excuse, he was healthy enough to play and he threw away our season.

lucky that Marshall stripped the ball and we got it right back.  Lucky after he cost us points last night that the D got a stop.

again, I am happy overall but I am not going to pretend he has been great.

No one's saying he's been great. He has however been able through two games to avoid the disaster turnovers (pick 6's, strip sack fumbles) and he's avoided taking sacks and negative plays. Something Geno and Sanchez both struggled with. 

I'm sure the offense will get better, but let's not make Fitz out to be anything more than he is.

Which is competent and that's all Fitz needs to be if the D keeps playing as it has.

As mentioned multiple times by other posters, the Jets' QBs of the past have not been competent and when the D was not as good the Jets had losing seasons.

An excellent QB carries a competent offense and defense.

An excellent defense carries a competent QB and offense.

The problem is when the defense or the QB are merely good and then the other units have to be better.

Note, I'm not using "excellent" to mean HOFer or historic, just among tops in the league at the time.

so what? he made his career as the "iron man" playing through pain.  that is just an excuse, he was healthy enough to play and he threw away our season.

Favre didn't throw away the season, he didn't purposely tank to screw us because he wanted to,  the ligament or tendon that was injured took all his mid motion strength away, documented fact. 

Mangenious and the other head honchos tanked the season when they had put us in the situation of having an injured Favre being our best chance at winning, and doctored reports and kept him in.. I'm not saying if he was benched we would of finished any better, but the fact he played injured and the Jets allowed/coerced him to do so is exactly where the failure was in 08. 

Favre played well, being Favre gunslinger we all knew he was coming in. We beat both undefeated teams back to back that season and it was awesome. 

By Glenn Naughton   Given the current NFL rules that heavily favor the offense, especially in regards to the passing game, it’s hard to believe that in his second start as a New York Jet, Ryan Fitzpatrick became the first Gang Green quarterback since Brett Favre in 2008 to play consecutive games in which he […]

Click here to read the full story...

Did anyone watch this guy yesterday???

I must be nuts. He has zero accuracy past 15 yards. He had at least 2 other passes that were easy picks that got dropped. Our running game is going to continue to get worse because every DC knows that we don't have a QB who can throw the long ball within 15 yards of the WR.

Not to mention we have no TE to speak of. What a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone watch this guy yesterday???

I must be nuts. He has zero accuracy past 15 yards. He had at least 2 other passes that were easy picks that got dropped. Our running game is going to continue to get worse because every DC knows that we don't have a QB who can throw the long ball within 15 yards of the WR.

Not to mention we have no TE to speak of. What a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ur totally right lets put geno back in

Archived