WSH Impressions

Patriot Killa

The Redskins can't put RG3 on the field at all this year.  If he plays and suffers a season-ending injury, they owe him his full $16M+ next season, rather than simply being able to cut him in the offseason.  Thus he is a lame duck QB this year, with Colt McCoy serving as the backup.

In Europe it's called being on "garden leave"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a game that SOJs lose. Especially with all the resident experts already counting it as a win. never overlook anybody in this league. We'll see whether this is SOJ or not.

It's a game Rex would lose roughly 99 % of the time coming off the bye, for sure.  While DeSean Jackson scares me a bit I think we find a way to win this one to quell the SOJ talk for at least another week.

Very tough game. The Redskins are better than people give them credit for.

To me this comes down to the Jets shutting down the Redskins running game and the Jets being able to run the football.

Basic football at its finest.

Jets better bring their "A" game on Sunday

The Skins are nothing like the Eagles. The Eagles actually have some unique dimensions on their team offensively and the Eagles front 7 is pretty legit. This entire forum made mention to Darren Sproles and hoping that he doesnt beat us, because as fans of the Jets we understand that he's a skill player that we really dont have an answer for on defense. The Eagles changed up alot of their game planning that week along with the injury that ended up being a blessing in disguise with Demarco Murray. Our fears manifested as Sproles killed us almost every time he touched the ball. (This is why my main concern with the Pats is Dion Lewis). 

If Murray was healthy it would have taken away touches from Ryan Matthews and Sproles and we would probably won the game because of it. With that said, I dont see huge mismatches for the skins in areas that are also weaknesses in the Jets defense. At the end of the game Redskin players and fans will be looking a bit similar to this. 

CRFntX8WgAAZnlT.jpg

well, you're right in one thing, the skins aren't like the eagles, they have more talent.  Garcon, djax, and reed are better than Matthews and Aghlor and Morris, Jones, and Thompson are better than Sproles and matthews....

There is a reason the skins almost beat undefeated Atl at home...while you point out the Eagles front 7, it's the redskins from 7 that has a top 3 run defense and top 10 defense.  

Why am I so much more confident than you guys? The Falcons were barely playing with receivers & they were back to they're old selfs having trouble stopping the run. 

Jets convert 3rd downs, tire out a very thin Skins front 7, and finally introduce a couple quick strike slants once the run game gets going. The Key is Fitzpatrick has to stop having passes knocked down. Skins looked physical vs the Falcons because Atlanta is just not a TOUGH team. As much as Quinn brings toughness from Seattle he doesn't have that type of defense yet.

If you take away that 1st half of the Eagles game, the Jets have been the most physical team in every other quarter they've played. Marshall, Decker and Ivory all bring physicality to the offense. Coming off the bye I expect our best defensive game & Fitz having the bye to reevaluate with Chan what's working & what's not should help the offense.

This is a game that SOJs lose. Especially with all the resident experts already counting it as a win. never overlook anybody in this league. We'll see whether this is SOJ or not.

100% agree.  If we arent the Soj we stomp this team out, stop the run, force them into predictable pass situations, and dominate.  If we are the SOJ, we are sloppy, turn the ball over, keep the skins in the game, and allow them to beat us.

People who think this this is an easy win are silly...the Eagles should have been an easy win too.

People can point out our mistakes in that game as an excuse we lost, but Fitz throwing 3 picks in a game we lose will happen again this year...and you never know which week the bad Fitz shows up.  If we have some fumbles aND mediocre fitz, we are a very beatable team.

Jets need some turnovers and some short fields.

This is also a Calahan coached oliNE and group of backs...like the Thomas Jones days.  They will be tough up front.

There isn't any team the Jets can sleep on.

I was about to say, I like what I'm seeing so far but the Jets arent a team that can sleepwalk to victories.  2 weeks to prepare for a very beatable Skins team.  I expect all focus on shutting down the run game and making Cousins beat you with a limited cast of receivers. 

I really don't think they slept against Philly. Without Ivory they couldn't run the ball and thusly Fitz had to throw a ton and threw picks 

Fitz did the same thing against philly that he did against Indy and Miami.  we couldn't run at Indy, we ran all day vs. Miami.

the team was a little out of it vs. Philly.

As for Washington, some people said that they were overplaying the pass and that's why they gave up running yards. That is when I look back to the Colts game, in which they overplayed the run. Fitz found a nice pattern with Decker in intermediate routes. If Decker is healthy, we should be able to exploit that

As for Washington, some people said that they were overplaying the pass and that's why they gave up running yards. That is when I look back to the Colts game, in which they overplayed the run. Fitz found a nice pattern with Decker in intermediate routes. If Decker is healthy, we should be able to exploit that

I hope 2 weeks off has healed him up.

Jets stopping the run is a problem. Hopefully Sheldon helps with this, but we'll see. 

It is?  The leading rusher for Cleveland against us was Manziel (35 yards) and Miami's was Jarvis Landry (29 yards).  Frank Gore averaged 3.8 yards per carry and we forced a goalline fumble out of him.  Only Ryan Mathews and, presumably, other outside runners give us difficulty. 

The Redskins have Alfred Morris (inside runner), Matt Jones (inside runner who also suffered a toe injury on Sunday) and Chris Thompson (former practice squad guy).  I think we'll be ok.

well, you're right in one thing, the skins aren't like the eagles, they have more talent.  Garcon, djax, and reed are better than Matthews and Aghlor and Morris, Jones, and Thompson are better than Sproles and matthews....

There is a reason the skins almost beat undefeated Atl at home...while you point out the Eagles front 7, it's the redskins from 7 that has a top 3 run defense and top 10 defense.  

Of course there's a reason why the skins almost beat ATL at home, its because ATL allows opponents to score. Look at their "points allowed" totals for this year. Of all of the undefeated teams they've allowed the most points. So scoring on ATL has not been the problem this year, its been OUTscoring their offense. 

Look man, making every game some sort of "trap game" or "This team is better than what they've shown" is boring now. You can feel that their  talent is better but their talent are against our strength and they dont have a mismatch player like Sproles on their team imo. At the end of the day trying to make this team out to be more than what they are is what I see Jetfans doing. 

When we play average to below average teams its always the "trap game", anytime we play a good team "Dont expect to win", anytime we play the Pats "No way in hell we can sweep them or win the division with the way they're playing". 

This fan base has the most excuses I've ever seen in my life of any fan base of any team in any sport. 

Skins Offense:

The Skins want to run the ball and they just ran it for 2.1 a clip vs. the Falcons.  The Jets are the best team in the league in terms of their run per carry defense at 3.8.  With Sheldon back, I expect them to see a ton of Leo>Mo>Snacks>Sheldon on the field which should be a nightmare for any running game.  Force Cousins to win the game, on the road with Reed and Jackson out vs. the Jets secondary.  However, they average 4.1 per run on the season.  

Cousins, has the lowest yard per completion in the league right now.  That said, he's top 10 in completion percentage.  And he's bottom 5 at 2.7% TD to pass ratio.  5 TD's to 6 INT's.  However, they give him great protection with only 6 sacks on the year. 

The skins, average 19.4 per game.  Are top 10 in overall yards.  Top 3 in most plays run.  Pretty good in the RedZone, top 10 in effeciency. 

Skins Defense:

They give up 20.8 a game..which is just outside of the top 10.   They've given up 7 receiving TD's and only 2 rushing TD's.  Top 10 in yards.  Just outside of top 10 in passing yards overall but top 10 in pass yards vs. per game.  Middle of the pack vs. the run, giving up 4.4 yard per attempt and outside the top 10 at 97.6 per game.  10 worst in first downs, they give up a lot.   They have 12 sacks on the year, good for top 10.

They've been pretty weak on Offense but have been solid on Defense.  They've slowed down some good offenses in terms of scoring but the ball can be moved vs. the Skins. Freeman just went nuts on them for 150+ yards, 1 TD at like 5.8 per clip.  So hopefully Ivory is well rested and the Jets can set the tone running the ball down hill.  Marshall and Decker should have no issue finding room to pick up first down.  

The Jets match up well vs. the team.  2 weeks to prepare at home.  I expect a solid performance. 

Of course there's a reason why the skins almost beat ATL at home, its because ATL allows opponents to score. Look at their "points allowed" totals for this year. Of all of the undefeated teams they've allowed the most points. So scoring on ATL has not been the problem this year, its been OUTscoring their offense. 

Look man, making every game some sort of "trap game" or "This team is better than what they've shown" is boring now. You can feel that their  talent is better but their talent are against our strength and they dont have a mismatch player like Sproles on their team imo. At the end of the day trying to make this team out to be more than what they are is what I see Jetfans doing. 

When we play average to below average teams its always the "trap game", anytime we play a good team "Dont expect to win", anytime we play the Pats "No way in hell we can sweep them or win the division with the way they're playing". 

This fan base has the most excuses I've ever seen in my life of any fan base of any team in any sport. 

And then you keep getting a cold hard slap of reality after games like the Eagles game.  This is the NFL, my friend, you can't overlook anyone.  You can if you want.  I wont.  I know better.

Bowles get a full 60 minutes out of the boys after the bye. 

Skins are walking into a chainsaw with the return of Sheldon.

Im going to the game...so this is what I am hoping for, but Im being cautiously optimistic...I just find it funny reading Jets fans posts where they sound like Giant, Steeler, and Cowboy fans because we're 3-1.  There' a level of optimism and excitement worth having for this team...but thinking we're so good wins are automatic is not the case either.  We arent the Patriots or Packers who when they play the Jags or Rams beat them 51-14 or 24-7...this is not that team.  Even when we "dominate" a team...we win 27-14 and leave the team 1 score away almost all game...Im just confused how after 4 games we're "overlooking" teams as a fan base...very interesting.

Jets stopping the run is a problem. Hopefully Sheldon helps with this, but we'll see. 

They really dont though.  Opposing runners are average 3.8 per carry vs the Jets.  That's best .3 off the NFL's best which is 3.5 ypc.  They've given up 379 on the year, thats 2nd best in the NFL behind Carolina.  They've given up 1 rushing TD on the year, that's best in the NFL.  They've surrendered 21 first downs vs. the run, that's 2nd best in the NFL.

1 game, they struggled.  That's it and that's without Sheldon. 

Skins Offense:

The Skins want to run the ball and they just ran it for 2.1 a clip vs. the Falcons.  The Jets are the best team in the league in terms of their run per carry defense at 3.8.  With Sheldon back, I expect them to see a ton of Leo>Mo>Snacks>Sheldon on the field which should be a nightmare for any running game.  Force Cousins to win the game, on the road with Reed and Jackson out vs. the Jets secondary.  However, they average 4.1 per run on the season.  

Cousins, has the lowest yard per completion in the league right now.  That said, he's top 10 in completion percentage.  And he's bottom 5 at 2.7% TD to pass ratio.  5 TD's to 6 INT's.  However, they give him great protection with only 6 sacks on the year. 

The skins, average 19.4 per game.  Are top 10 in overall yards.  Top 3 in most plays run.  Pretty good in the RedZone, top 10 in effeciency. 

Skins Defense:

They give up 20.8 a game..which is just outside of the top 10.   They've given up 7 receiving TD's and only 2 rushing TD's.  Top 10 in yards.  Just outside of top 10 in passing yards overall but top 10 in pass yards vs. per game.  Middle of the pack vs. the run, giving up 4.4 yard per attempt and outside the top 10 at 97.6 per game.  10 worst in first downs, they give up a lot.   They have 12 sacks on the year, good for top 10.

They've been pretty weak on Offense but have been solid on Defense.  They've slowed down some good offenses in terms of scoring but the ball can be moved vs. the Skins. Freeman just went nuts on them for 150+ yards, 1 TD at like 5.8 per clip.  So hopefully Ivory is well rested and the Jets can set the tone running the ball down hill.  Marshall and Decker should have no issue finding room to pick up first down.  

The Jets match up well vs. the team.  2 weeks to prepare at home.  I expect a solid performance. 

+1, will be fun to watch.

They really dont though.  Opposing runners are average 3.8 per carry vs the Jets.  That's best .3 off the NFL's best which is 3.5 ypc.  They've given up 379 on the year, thats 2nd best in the NFL behind Carolina.  They've given up 1 rushing TD on the year, that's best in the NFL.  They've surrendered 21 first downs vs. the run, that's 2nd best in the NFL.

1 game, they struggled.  That's it and that's without Sheldon. 

I expect jets to over commit to stop the run and make Cousins beat our secondary.  Davis and Harris will be up with our loaded front 4 and Cousins will have to find a way to beat the best secondary in football.  That 100% has to be the jets direction heading into this week.  The Jets just need ot make sure they stop the RBs running and catching the ball, because Jones and Thompson make plays out of the backfield.

And then you keep getting a cold hard slap of reality after games like the Eagles game.  This is the NFL, my friend, you can't overlook anyone.  You can if you want.  I wont.  I know better.

We lost one game...Can you really say "keep getting a cold hard slap"?

That game took a punt return TD, a TD directly related to a ill advised lateral.

I think we could beat Philly if we had them this week.

We lost one game...Can you really say "keep getting a cold hard slap"?

That game took a punt return TD, a TD directly related to a ill advised lateral.

I think we could beat Philly if we had them this week.

we sure would, but you do t get redos in the NFL.  Russell Wilson doesn't get that throw back.  It's a game of inches as they say, and one missed tackle on that punt return, or one less red zone int of those 2, or one less stupid lateral...but they all happened.

as for the keep comment, we are jets fans with 1 super bowl and a historically epically bad w - l record, being a jets fan is a constant slap in the face...however, with change comes optimism and we do have reason for optimism with our season and direction.

im not being pessimistic, I'm just not writing any team off yet as a cup cake win either.  Remember, that's what everyone did with us when they saw the jets on the schedule before the season.

Archived