Sheldon - not getting the message

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't show up here, but he was quoting a tweet by Richardson that said "this is why I hate giving interviews," or something to that effect.

Manish was on a roll today.  First he flamed Kristian Dyer for the Richardson piece and then he jumped some USA Today writer for tweaking a Gilchrist interview that implied Brady = Kirk Cousins.  Some of the other beat writers were supporting Manish's point that the articles were manipulated for click bait.  It's actually a fair point since the competition for eyeballs with NY sports teams is alot different than for a team from virtually any other city...

It make more sense when you realize that Manish was calling out reporters for misleading headlines. Manish, misleading headlines.

All makes sense now, thanks gentlemen.

I cannot believe Manish has reverted back to his pro-Jetsfan persona, this is who he was when he first came on the beat. He was a sort of defender of content quality and did his job well. I think the Rex regime brought out the worst in him, and many others.

Snacks also said that " We see ourselves on top of the division, frontrunners"

That's classic Rex trash talk in its finest.

who cares?  The Jets know without holding you have no shot to block them and without illegal picks your receivers have no shot to get open.  Why shouldn't they be confident again?

Oh, because they know you're pathetic cheats that can't win without cheating or getting generous calls from the league officials.

The entire team knows ifwe just lin ed up and played legit football we'd kick the sh1t out of your team, we are just a better built team that doesn't require help from the league and illegal measures to win, and f*ck teams that do.

I cannot believe Manish has reverted back to his pro-Jetsfan persona, this is who he was when he first came on the beat. He was a sort of defender of content quality and did his job well. I think the Rex regime brought out the worst in him, and many others.

Yeah, seeing the Jets media talking about journalistic integrity is pretty bizarre. It could just be that everyone hates Dyer.

Rex even said that the Bills are his last coaching job and that hed like to be on TV.

personally, I never hire anyone that is already talking about s career change and the job he wants after the one I'm offering...

this is guy has truly duped the league

Rex even said that the Bills are his last coaching job and that hed like to be on TV.

Rex would be perfect for TV and TV would be perfect for Rex. No one on TV (or the media in general) is ever held to account for their outlandish proclamations, but the one time they get something right (or even close) they get plaudits for being a "genius". :rolleyes:

That and Idzik, because there were few things Manish hated more in life than Idzik.

You explain to me what "this is going to be another win for us" means.  Is he saying we're going to lose?  Play a tough game?  Give them all we've got.  Or is he saying we're going to win?  

Point is...why say anything?  Why take the bait?  Be quiet and prove it on the field.

Sheldon is 13-20 for his career.  Never been on a winning team.  Be quiet when talking about a team with a QB that's 108-19 at home.  Get on board Sheldon...

Being as he is recently reunited with the team maybe he is trying too hard to "pump them up" when they have played lights out without him. I say he is just suffering a Rex hangover and will not make the same mistake twice.

That is pretty much standard practice everywhere.  Does Max let you write your own headlines?

He was going to, but I told him every headline would include Rex Ryan or Tim Tebow so he decided we'd "go in another direction"

What's interesting is how the Jets (and even the media) has reacted to Sheldon's comments.  Sheldon almost immediately denied guaranteeing a win.  Other beat writers are saying the same thing.  Proof that perhaps everyone is getting Bowles' message.  I love it.  It's absolutely amazing how different Rex and Bowles are from a media standpoint.  Man do I prefer the way it is now...

What's interesting is how the Jets (and even the media) has reacted to Sheldon's comments.  Sheldon almost immediately denied guaranteeing a win.  Other beat writers are saying the same thing.  Proof that perhaps everyone is getting Bowles' message.  I love it.  It's absolutely amazing how different Rex and Bowles are from a media standpoint.  Man do I prefer the way it is now...

it's not interesting at all actually, nice try though

I see via MetroNY that he just "guaranteed" the Jets will beat the Pats.  Wish he would shut his trap and just play ball.  He's quickly letting his mouth do more than his play.   I can already hear everyone talk about taking the quote out of context, etc.  Give me a break.  Zip it and let your play do the talking...

Why talk during Pats week?  Defending Super Bowl champs.  4-9 in last 13.  1-7 last 8.  Do something first before you run your mouth.  

http://www.metro.us/sports/sheldon-richardson-guarantees-a-jets-win-at-patriots/zsJojv---MtxjMZPqvaYu2/

you obviously didn't read the article because you completely misquoted him.  What are you?  A Pats' fan/troll?  Distorting and misquoting is their M.O.

I agree.

He's not going back to being a DC.  The networks are drooling to get Rex.  Perfect job for him.   he'll be very entertaining at it.

Do you enjoy hearing someone say "uh...uh... ummm... ummm" in between every third word?  then finishing every sentence with: "...and all that kind of stuff".  Rex would be horrendous on the air. 

Rex would be perfect for TV and TV would be perfect for Rex. No one on TV (or the media in general) is ever held to account for their outlandish proclamations, but the one time they get something right (or even close) they get plaudits for being a "genius". :rolleyes:

Rex would be a big draw special guest eventually landing a seat at the big table.

He wouldn't go to ESPN to kiss Schefters penis.

Archived