Calvin Pryor, Nick Mangold remain out of Jets practice

thshadow

I'm personally not expecting Pryor to play, but I was hoping that Mangold would be in there.  I guess it's looking less likely.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/29/calvin-pryor-nick-mangold-remain-out-of-jets-practice/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Calvin Pryor, Nick Mangold remain out of Jets practice

<> of the New England Patriots of the New York Jets at Gillette Stadium on October 25, 2015 in Foxboro, Massachusetts.Getty Images

The Jets may be facing the Raiders without starting center Nick Mangold and starting safetyCalvin Pryor.

Both players remained out of practice for a second straight day on Thursday while recovering from injuries suffered against the Patriots last Sunday. Pryor’s injury leaves the Jets with just two healthy safeties on the 53-man roster so they may have to promote a player from the practice squad to go with Marcus Gilchrist and Dion Bailey.

Mangold injured his neck late in the loss to the Patriots and his status remains uncertain even though the injury is not as bad as originally feared. He said, via Dennis Waszak of the Associated Press, that he is planning on being in the lineup, but still feels “things” in his neck and the team has added Wesley Johnson to go with Dakota Dozier as options in the event that Mangold isn’t able to play.

Wide receiver Devin Smith also missed practice with an ankle injury. His absence would thin out a group that’s already missing Chris Owusu because of a concussion and Quincy Enunwa because of a suspension.

Full injury report for Thursday:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/injury.html

NAME POSITION INJURY WED. THU. FRI. GAME STATUS
Bailey, Dion S Hip FP FP - -
Colon, Willie G Knee DNP LP - -
Decker, Eric WR Knee DNP LP - -
Giacomini, Breno T Thumb FP FP - -
Ivory, Chris RB Hamstring FP FP - -
Mangold, Nick C Neck DNP DNP - -
Owusu, Chris WR Concussion/Shoulder DNP DNP - -
Powell, Bilal RB Ankle DNP LP - -
Pryor, Calvin S Ankle DNP DNP - -
Quigley, Ryan P Right Shin FP FP - -
Skrine, Buster CB Shoulder/Hand LP LP - -
Smith, Devin WR Ankle LP DNP - -
Williams, Marcus CB Hamstring FP FP - -
Williams, Leonard DE Knee FP FP - -
  • Practice Status
  • DNP = Did not participate in practice
  • LP = Limited Participation in Practice - Less than 100% of a player's normal repetitions
  • FP = Full Participation - 100% of a player's normal repetitions
  • Out = Player will not play
  • (-) = Not Listed = No practice status available
  • Game Status
  • Out = Player will not play
  • Doubtful = 25% chance a player will play
  • Questionable = 50% chance a player will play
  • Probable = 75% chance a player will play
  • (-) = Not Listed - No game status available

RAIDERS

NAME POSITION INJURY WED. THU. FRI. GAME STATUS
Woodson, Charles S Shoulder/Knee DNP      
Ball, Neiron LB Knee DNP      
Carrie, TJ DB Shoulder LP      
McGill, Keith CB Foot LP      
Autry, Denico DT Concussion FP      
Ellis, Justin DT Ankle FP      

*Injury Report is available throughout the season

I believe Mangold will play and Pryor will sit

The question comes how long will he be able to play( Mangold), how effective will he be , and do the Jets risk possible losing him for a longer period by playing him this week. That is a very serious injury ( neck sprain) for a Center .   Now throw in the fact he will be seeing two physical specimens   Dan Williams 6'2 320 and Justin Ellis 6'1 335 and it can't be good for the injury he has. 

Skrine has a broken hand and will have to wear a cast. Not ideal, but hopefully he'll be out there. I expect Bailey to play better with a full week of reps in, but it'll be a step-down from Pryor. Should be a tight game, just can't let Murray or Cooper go nuts.  

I think he has a broken bone in a finger not a broken hand.

We have actually had bad luck with injury in 2015 beginning with losing Amaro & Antonio Allen, Jarett got hurt, Powell, Ivory & Decker missed the Phllly game, then Pryor for the 2nd half vs Pats, now Mangold, next man up in the NFL.

Kerley is better than Devin Smith right now, but we are getting thin if we have another injury during this game with Owusu & Smith out and Enunwa suspended. Skrine will play, he says he played last year with a cast & get his interceptions wearing the cast. Team is really banged up though. 

sfI

New York Jets@nyjets 33 seconds ago

We have activated RB Stevan Ridley from the PUP list and waived/injured WR Chris Owusu.

sad to hear about Owusu

I liked Owusu, to many head injures, the guy gets a concussion at the slightest knock, time to hang u' m up. - Good news about Ridley, Ivory needs a decent back up.

I think Kerley gets more reps, I feel OK about the Marshall, Decker, Kearley combo.

We have actually had bad luck with injury in 2015 beginning with losing Amaro & Antonio Allen, Jarett got hurt, Powell, Ivory & Decker missed the Phllly game, then Pryor for the 2nd half vs Pats, now Mangold, next man up in the NFL.

Kerley is better than Devin Smith right now, but we are getting thin if we have another injury during this game with Owusu & Smith out and Enunwa suspended. Skrine will play, he says he played last year with a cast & get his interceptions wearing the cast. Team is really banged up though. 

And teams we played were missing guys as well that's life in the NFL..

Just to try to summarize our offensive skill positions.

At WR, we have Marshall, Kerley, Thompkins - plus Decker who is questionable.

At RB, we have Ivory, Ridley, and Stacy.

I guess as long as Ivory's hamstring holds up, RB is OK.  But damn, that's awfully thin at WR...  I guess Cumberland is going to see a ton of snaps...  :-(

Just to try to summarize our offensive skill positions.

At WR, we have Marshall, Kerley, Thompkins - plus Decker who is questionable.

At RB, we have Ivory, Ridley, and Stacy.

I guess as long as Ivory's hamstring holds up, RB is OK.  But damn, that's awfully thin at WR...  I guess Cumberland is going to see a ton of snaps...  :-(

mrw-i-pay-time-warner-for-mbps-and-the-s

The least injured team in the NFL is.......The New York Jets.

No one looks at those minor details.

Always remember, the sky is falling

I don't get your schtick? While the Pats are losing Olineman they don't need because they can hold & play with the GOAT, let's say we take away things evenly after that. That would be they lose Gronk before the season starts, then a safety, then McCourty gets hurt, Butler plays with a broken hand, Edelman plays with a bad knee, Amendola gets suspended for 4 games. No one is saying the sky is falling but you. Injuries are concerning when you've already had your bye & they're piling up.

I don't get your schtick? While the Pats are losing Olineman they don't need because they can hold & play with the GOAT, let's say we take away things evenly after that. That would be they lose Gronk before the season starts, then a safety, then McCourty gets hurt, Butler plays with a broken hand, Edelman plays with a bad knee, Amendola gets suspended for 4 games. No one is saying the sky is falling but you. Injuries are concerning when you've already had your bye & they're piling up.

Its not schtick, its football.  And being honest with yourself.  The Eagles and Skins were missing players,  Cleveland lost their starting QB in the first.  Colts were missing a huge chunk of their secondary.  Everyone plays with injuries, everyone plays short at one time or another.  

Stop whining about injuries and holds, its cheesy 

Archived