Wow was I wrong!

Jetster

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just truly dont understand how anyone thought this would go any different.  It's the NFL. Their is no parody.  It's the most predictable league in the world. 

The Pats are running the table BTW.  No nobody is beating that team in the regular season.  Not a chance.  The only hope is the Packers make the Super Bowl and Rodgers out duels Brady.

If they clinch early they'll rest the starters and lose. 

That was such a ridiculously lucky break for the Pats especially if you zoom that play out a little and see that other than Brady and whoever kicked the ball it was green jerseys in the area.

Nothing lucky about that. It was an intentional effort to kick it over to Brady, which is a penalty.

If you're in a sea of opposing players with a fumble out there you dive for the ball. You don't go run on top of the ball and tap dance over it.

100% cheaters.

If they clinch early they'll rest the starters and lose. 

I think you're seriously underestimating the ego's of both BB and Brady.  

They will 100% try to run the table and play their starters the entire season, even in meaningless games if they have a chance at going undefeated.

Did they rest them in 2007 when they were playing a meaningless week 17 game vs. the Giants?  No.  They battled it out in a dog fight.

I swear, reading the board the past few days its either denial or people just flat out dont pay attention. 

I think you're seriously underestimating the ego's of both BB and Brady.  

They will 100% try to run the table and play their starters the entire season, even in meaningless games if they have a chance at going undefeated.

Did they rest them in 2007 when they were playing a meaningless week 17 game vs. the Giants?  No.  They battled it out in a dog fight.

I swear, reading the board the past few days its either denial or people just flat out dont pay attention. 

I just think they learned their lesson and would not want to have key players go down with injuries. I of course could be wrong if they are chasing history and what not. I see your point but I think a SB is more important than running the table since in 07 you could argue it cost them as Brady suffered an ankle injury.

Well, I guess we don't have to worry about the Dolphins fighting us for a wildcard spot. Looks like Ware is done with an Achilles injury & I had no clue that the Fins Oline was that bad as they were, plus they lost their LT.

The Patriots are WAY BETTER than I even thought. I think we got lucky getting to play them without Dion Lewis, we already got to see what Sproles did to us. I don't think I've ever seen such a top heavy NFL with so many bad teams. I know there are no moral victories in the NFL but seeing how easily the Patriots are beating teams at least our Jets gave them a battle for 4 quarters. Of course in hindsight they had 10 drops & Dion Lewis didn't play. 

Its pretty sobering seeing them own the league again with a 38 year old QB that stated he wants to play 10 more years. Brady will never say it but this is definitely a revenge tour. He goes crazy when he has an incompletion or misses a throw. I have never seen a QB striving for the kind of perfection he's trying to reach. Anything can happen on any given day but I'm blown away by just how perfectly constructed that team is in 2015. I think the only thing that derails them is injuries. I think we'll get a shot at them, it's all you can ask for, but they are way better than they were in 2010.

Hold on. We got lucky? We have the number one rush D in the league. If they had Dion, it would've worked in our favor. Pats OL held the whole game and when their guy still beats them, they'd tackle and still get away with it. That's why their OL was playing great. 

It was the Pats that got lucky with Ivory pulling a hammy on the first play and then Pryor getting hurt. It's not a coincidence Gronk was held in check until then and then exploded. 

I would bet every dime I have they all watched that in the film room after laughing and praising whoever kicked it. 

As they should have.  Definitely an intentional kick, and a really heads up play by Andrews.  Even if there was a flag thrown, as there should have been, it's still a lot better for the Pats then Wilkerson falling on it. 

As they should have.  Definitely an intentional kick, and a really heads up play by Andrews.  Even if there was a flag thrown, as there should have been, it's still a lot better for the Pats then Wilkerson falling on it. 

First off, that was definitely a penalty.

But you are absolutely correct, Pats would have been better off taking the 15-yard penalty rather than the Jets recovering the fumble.

Smart play by the rookie.

Congrats on yet another moral victory against the Pats.

I understand that it is hardly worth playing out the season at this point, that the Patrs are far and away the best team in the AFC and that it would save everyone time and energy if we just fast forward to the Superbowl with the Pats playing whoever comes out of the NFC.

Sorry to disappoint.  We get one and maybe two more cracks at your team this year and neither of those will be an Automatic win for you guys.

I understand that it is hardly worth playing out the season at this point, that the Patrs are far and away the best team in the AFC and that it would save everyone time and energy if we just fast forward to the Superbowl with the Pats playing whoever comes out of the NFC.

Sorry to disappoint.  We get one and maybe two more cracks at your team this year and neither of those will be an Automatic win for you guys.

I would love nothing more than a Pats/Jets playoff game in Foxboro.

Sunday's game will determine the Jets playoff fate.

Huge game for the Jets.

Totally agree.  I was actually quite impressed with the technique.  That was a good inside foot directional kick with a clear intent to kick it to Brady. 

Meh, not impressed.  They beat the worst teams in the NFL and lost to the only 2 teams that are even remotely competitive. 

They will get better and get hot as the year go's on.  They have the ability to move down the field quicker than the Pats.  Not as consistent but damn they got some quick strike ability.  Cardinals will save us all.  They gave us Todd Bowles.  That was nice.

Cheating? That's too funny.

That is called smart football.

You're right, that isn't cheating just a guy trying to prevent a TO, poor choice of words there, but it is gettting to be rigoddamndiculous the way the refs "miss" all these obvious penalties, always in NE's favor.

That's okay, I also forgot the Patriots won the Super Bowl last year.

Don't be a f*cking internet twit! OMG, I'm sure there are skinny armed computer tough guys all over this site that wouldn't say a f*cking thing to the people they do who they were in the same room. Pats got Seattle with a banged up secondary, who lost another CB in the 1st quarter & should have been eating Marshawns spikes from the one, but I guess you forgot all about that didn't you?

I just think they learned their lesson and would not want to have key players go down with injuries. I of course could be wrong if they are chasing history and what not. I see your point but I think a SB is more important than running the table since in 07 you could argue it cost them as Brady suffered an ankle injury.

They have 4 SB's.  A perfect season firmly supplants them both of them as the greatest ever at what they do.  I promise you that if given the chance, they will go for it.  100%. This is BB and Brady we're talking about.  

They will get better and get hot as the year go's on.  They have the ability to move down the field quicker than the Pats.  Not as consistent but damn they got some quick strike ability.  Cardinals will save us all.  They gave us Todd Bowles.  That was nice.

Meh, like I said, I'm not buying what the Cards are selling.  They've folded both times they were tested.  Mike Vick and Landry Jones beat them and you think they're stopping Bardy?  No way.

Rodgers is the only guy that can go toe t0 toe with Brady, not Carson Palmer. 

Nothing lucky about that. It was an intentional effort to kick it over to Brady, which is a penalty.

If you're in a sea of opposing players with a fumble out there you dive for the ball. You don't go run on top of the ball and tap dance over it.

100% cheaters.

100% intentional kick, the lineman even turned his foot to the side so he would soccer style pass it to Brady.  I thought that when it happened live and still think it now but I wasn't sure if it was illegal.

and to add  that broncos Dee in mile high will be a problem too.

Nope, that game will be a huge Pats blowout.

Brady and the Pats offense will put up 35+ points and Manning will be drooling on the sidelines wishing he was in a retirement home.

He is 100% washed up.

They have 4 SB's.  A perfect season firmly supplants them both of them as the greatest ever at what they do.  I promise you that if given the chance, they will go for it.  100%. This is BB and Brady we're talking about.  

Meh, like I said, I'm not buying what the Cards are selling.  They've folded both times they were tested.  Mike Vick and Landry Jones beat them and you think they're stopping Bardy?  No way.

Rodgers is the only guy that can go toe t0 toe with Brady, not Carson Palmer. 

Not getting the Cards love either. Packers are pretty much the NFC Pats right now. Also, Green Bay finally seems to have a decent defense so their a strong team. Will be interesting to see if any teams make it into the playoffs undefeated.

Nope, that game will be a huge Pats blowout.

Brady and the Pats offense will put up 35+ points and Manning will be drooling on the sidelines wishing he was in a retirement home.

He is 100% washed up.

I'll bet you on that one....I'll take Denver and we'll bet whatever the spread is...You name the amount.

Archived