Huge shout out to Fitzy!

Jetster

Just imagine if he was unable to play this game & Geno was out there trying to win while we ran for 29 total yards, lmao. Just think about that for a moment. Every single time the Jags climbed back Fitzy kept his cool & moved the team. This was Fitz best game by far based on the adversity we faced with no run game, Brick forgetting how to play, Wesley (how am I on this team) Johnson at center, and Brian (whiff) Winters manning the guard position. Kudos to the bearded magic man, truly was magic we won this game. Bowles needs to make the Oline watch EVERY SINGLE RUNNING PLAY, all 26 of them, over and over, because I'm positive that it can be pointed out very easily how many f*cking blocks they missed, or Brick getting his azz handed to him & letting people push him backwards like he's on roller skates. I think in football guys need to be embarrassed to get more out of them. Challenge their f*cking pride with Buffalo coming to town. This is the NFL, which has always meant "NOT FOR LONG" when you play like a bunch of slapdicks.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just imagine if he was unable to play this game & Geno was out there trying to win while we ran for 29 total yards, lmao. Just think about that for a moment. Every single time the Jags climbed back Fitzy kept his cool & moved the team. This was Fitz best game by far based on the adversity we faced with no run game, Brick forgetting how to play, Wesley (how am I on this team) Johnson at center, and Brian (whiff) Winters manning the guard position. Kudos to the bearded magic man, truly was magic we won this game. Bowles needs to make the Oline watch EVERY SINGLE RUNNING PLAY, all 26 of them, over and over, because I'm positive that it can be pointed out very easily how many f*cking blocks they missed, or Brick getting his azz handed to him & letting people push him backwards like he's on roller skates. I think in football guys need to be embarrassed to get more out of them. Challenge their f*cking pride with Buffalo coming to town. This is the NFL, which has always meant "NOT FOR LONG" when you play like a bunch of slapdicks.

Jags have one of the worst pass Ds in the league.

How many yards did the Jets run for against the Raiders  ?  Fitzpatrick is the QB of the NY Jets  and what ever happens this season, will have nothing to do with Geno Smith unless that changes.  Let it alone already and enjoy the ride.

Jags have one of the worst pass Ds in the league.

Cool.  Way to not read the post at all and spout the same nonsense all the other wet blankets want to repeat.  Guess what, the Jets don't choose their schedule, and you don't have a committee judging your strength of schedule like they do in the college game.  Under the circumstances, Fitz did what few past Jets QB's could do.  He took adverse circumstances and translated it into a win we sorely needed. 

Dude was playing with only one fully functioning hand and you want to talk about pass defense ranks?  Ask the Bills how that worked out for them.

Fitz is pretty good and has had some good games for the Jets. I like him and so does the team. 

The Jags put all of their chips in to stop the running game and make the QB with the torn ligaments in his thumb beat them- and he did. Enough said about the offense. 28 points is fine and would win most games if the D plays well. 

That's the problem. Our "Number 1 D in league" gave up 14 points in about 40 seconds. One TD at the end of the half and one toward the end of the game. Without those it's a blowout. 

That's the problem here from my point of view. 

Fitz is pretty good and has had some good games for the Jets. I like him and so does the team. 

The Jags put all of their chips in to stop the running game and make the QB with the torn ligaments in his thumb beat them- and he did. Enough said about the offense. 28 points is fine and would win most games if the D plays well. 

That's the problem. Our "Number 1 D in league" gave up 14 points in about 40 seconds. One TD at the end of the half and one toward the end of the game. Without those it's a blowout. 

That's the problem here from my point of view. 

good point. D has to stop playing sloppy coverage. We cleaned up the missed tackles but still are getting gashed through the air by Carr and now Bortles. We had 6 sacks but could of had close to 8.

the problem is, they say fitz may have surgery friday, after the bills game, which means geno would be the qb for the home stretch at least, with petty as the backup.  

The whole reason they'd have him get the surgery Friday is to maximize his rest and get him ready to go under center as soon as possible.  There's an outside chance he'd even be able to play 9 days later against Houston.

The whole reason they'd have him get the surgery Friday is to maximize his rest and get him ready to go under center as soon as possible.  There's an outside chance he'd even be able to play 9 days later against Houston.

that would be amazing, if he could actually not miss a game.  it's such a pleasure having a qb who knows what he's doing, it changes the entire football season.  if fitz can play like this he could be here a few years, until petty or someone else takes over.  5-3 at halftime, predicted to be last in the division.  ha!

that would be amazing, if he could actually not miss a game.  it's such a pleasure having a qb who knows what he's doing, it changes the entire football season.  if fitz can play like this he could be here a few years, until petty or someone else takes over.  5-3 at halftime, predicted to be last in the division.  ha!

Going into camp next year with Fitz, Petty, and one new QB (either via the draft or trade) would be ideal.  Unless Fitz is offered a starting gig elsewhere or we make some blockbuster trade for Brees, I'd love to have him back, and I'm sure the front office and coaching staff would as well.  Dude has shown a ton of heart, which matters at the QB position. 

Going into camp next year with Fitz, Petty, and one new QB (either via the draft or trade) would be ideal.  Unless Fitz is offered a starting gig elsewhere or we make some blockbuster trade for Brees, I'd love to have him back, and I'm sure the front office and coaching staff would as well.  Dude has shown a ton of heart, which matters at the QB position. 

i don't know why fitz would leave if the jets want him back.  he's got a nice veteran line, skill positions and that's before FA and the draft, and (what should be) a good defense.  perfect situation for him, and for someone who's moved his family around a lot, he'd probably prefer to stay put.  he looked great yesterday.

Fitz was really good this week.  Really good.  Even his deeper throws had mustard on them.

Good job by the beard this year.  

Man were those Fitz Vs. Geno threads exhausting.

Are we fully done with them at this point?

i don't know why fitz would leave if the jets want him back.  he's got a nice veteran line, skill positions and that's before FA and the draft, and (what should be) a good defense.  perfect situation for him, and for someone who's moved his family around a lot, he'd probably prefer to stay put.  he looked great yesterday.

Veteran line is looking a little ragged around the edges.  But in reality it is a final shot at a big payday for Fitz.  He is not playing at a $3 million level.  Someone out there may be willing to go higher that us or more years or both.

Veteran line is looking a little ragged around the edges.  But in reality it is a final shot at a big payday for Fitz.  He is not playing at a $3 million level.  Someone out there may be willing to go higher that us or more years or both.

doubt it.  the jets do not have that many holes on the roster, they can allocate $ to upgrade OL since the defense is mostly set.  i also expect them to take a tackle in the first round.  again, don't underestimate fitz's desire to stay in one place, there were articles this training camp about how much he's moved his family around.  

Yeah if the bar is Geno Smith you've got a point but thinking long term.... we're ****ed if we don't find a better QB. A good QB beats the Jags by 30 yesterday. 

The only reason you love Fitz is because he doesn't completely suck. He still sucks. He just sucks less than the other guy. 

Some members of this fanbase seem to have battered woman syndrome when it comes to QBs. 

Fitz still sucks. His inability to move the ball for long stretches and his inability to get a first down when we need it are two of the biggest reasons the Jags were still in it late. 

doubt it.  the jets do not have that many holes on the roster, they can allocate $ to upgrade OL since the defense is mostly set.  i also expect them to take a tackle in the first round.  again, don't underestimate fitz's desire to stay in one place, there were articles this training camp about how much he's moved his family around.  

Sure I think if the money is comparable then he would opt to stay with the Jets but Hoyer is getting 5+ million per year and Fitz is putting together a very nice year.  Significantly better than players earning far more than him.  I think his number will go north of Hoyer money and at that point it is all about socking away that retirement cash.

Yeah if the bar is Geno Smith you've got a point but thinking long term.... we're ****ed if we don't find a better QB. A good QB beats the Jags by 30 yesterday. 

The only reason you love Fitz is because he doesn't completely suck. He still sucks. He just sucks less than the other guy. 

Some members of this fanbase seem to have battered woman syndrome when it comes to QBs. 

Fitz still sucks. His inability to move the ball for long stretches and his inability to get a first down when we need it are two of the biggest reasons the Jags were still in it late. 

A good QB does not beat the Jags by 30 on Sunday.  On Sunday we had pretty close to a flawless QB performance.

Our problems were a nonexistent running game and a sometimes porous defense.

I agree we need to find our long term solution at QB but it isn't Geno and we need to have a transition option.

2 of the biggest reasons the Jags were in it late were on Fitz?  Really?  We allowed 2 scores in a total timeframe of like 45 seconds, And Revis dropped an INT that hit him right in the chest, but Fitz and his banged up offense putting up 28 points was the reason it was close? 

A good QB does not beat the Jags by 30 on Sunday.  On Sunday we had pretty close to a flawless QB performance.

Our problems were a nonexistent running game and a sometimes porous defense.

I agree we need to find our long term solution at QB but it isn't Geno and we need to have a transition option.

the jags dared the jets to beat them in the air and they did.  teams are not going to let ivory run all over them anymore.  

fitz had a 106.5 qb rating yesterday, and has 13 tds and 7 ints on the year.  how does klecko say that sucks?

Agreed, just thinking about all possible scenarios.  With the shortage of QB's league-wide, there's a chance another team brings him in to be their starter.  All depends on what the Jets promise him and if they extend his deal before he hits free agency.  If we're looking to draft another QB and Fitz is healthy, Fitz ought to be the Week 1 starter. 

the jags dared the jets to beat them in the air and they did.  teams are not going to let ivory run all over them anymore.  

fitz had a 106.5 qb rating yesterday, and has 13 tds and 7 ints on the year.  how does klecko say that sucks?

He probably had a butt plug with Geno Smith's name on it and is concerned about the future viability of this option.

Agreed, just thinking about all possible scenarios.  With the shortage of QB's league-wide, there's a chance another team brings him in to be their starter.  All depends on what the Jets promise him and if they extend his deal before he hits free agency.

if the jets let fitz go, who exactly are they starting?  there's no way they give the keys to geno, the IK incident should have told mike enough about that.  i think there's no way they let fitz walk, they really have no other option.  and why would fitz leave anyway, assuming the jets made him a fair offer?  most teams have either veterans or young guys they're developing, there aren't many teams that would want fitz anyway.  bills-they already had him.  browns, they have 2 qbs already.  texans, they're drafting one.  redskins, why would they take fitz over cousins, and they may draft one anyway.  the rams or 49ers?  why would fitz leave the jets to go to the rams, when they may move in a year?

Every week with this garbage.  We get it.  We need a franchise QB.  It's not going to change the fact that Fitz is our best QB since 2008.  Is that a sad statement?  Yes.  Is it a reason to keep whining?  No.

Every week with this garbage.  We get it.  We need a franchise QB.  It's not going to change the fact that Fitz is our best QB since 2008.  Is that a sad statement?  Yes.  Is it a reason to keep whining?  No.

seriously.  they're 5-3, fitz has 13 tds and 7 picks, guys like tompkins and cumberland are contributing, and they have more potential on offense whenever smith comes around.  the offense won the game, they scored 28 points and bailed out the defense.  they're averaging 25 points a game, with nothing on defense or specials.  

As KRL said in his observation post, this was probably Fitz's best game. Not counting his short Raiders outing, this was the first game all season where he didn't turn the ball over. Maybe it was the pain in his left thumb that kept him focused. Whatever it was, the Jets will need more of it Thursday. 

Great game by Fitz.  He carried the offense.  

The best play of the game was when he saw Decker one on one on the outside, checked out of a run and put a perfect back shoulder pass to him on the sidelines, setting up a TD later in the drive.  That was a classic, veteran savvy move, recognizing what the D was doing and getting a perfect call out to Decker.  That's the sh*t, Geno just doesnt give you.  Ever.

Honestly, Gailey is holding Fitz back at this point.  The guy is solid and can do more than what he's being asked to do.  I'd start spreading things out more for him.  When the Jets go 4 and 5 wide, he's finding the right match up every single time and the Jets have guys that can get open these days.  If the run game persists being awful, they need to reassess and start being a pass first team.  It's more effective and Fitz is making all the right reads these days.  Let the beard loose.  Then they can run more draws and traps which should make it easier for Ivory to find room.

Fitzmagic baby!!!!

Great game by Fitz.  He carried the offense.  

The best play of the game was when he saw Decker one on one on the outside, checked out of a run and put a perfect back shoulder pass to him on the sidelines, setting up a TD later in the drive.  That was a classic, veteran savvy move, recognizing what the D was doing and getting a perfect call out to Decker.  That's the sh*t, Geno just doesnt give you.  Ever.

Honestly, Gailey is holding Fitz back at this point.  The guy is solid and can do more than what he's being asked to do.  I'd start spreading things out more for him.  When the Jets go 4 and 5 wide, he's finding the right match up every single time and the Jets have guys that can get open these days.  If the run game persists being awful, they need to reassess and start being a pass first team.  It's more effective and Fitz is making all the right reads these days.  Let the beard loose.  Then they can run more draws and traps which should make it easier for Ivory to find room.

Fitzmagic baby!!!!

Team should throw more to be honest...

Who is whining? There are people in this thread advocating signing Fitz to a long term deal. That would be monumentally stupid. 

Team should throw more to be honest...

They should.  Why the **** are you running the ball 29 times at 1.1 ypc?  It makes zero sense.  Its the definition of insanity. 

It's like simple math.  You have a QB, able to get you 7 yards every time he drops back or a run game getting you 1 yard per. Why continue running into a wall?  Spread it out early on first down, go 5 wide and make them adjust. Keep Ivory in the game and if they gear up to stop the pass, motion him into the backfield. 

I've honestly never seen a more scripted game caller than Gailey.  He has plays he's just going to run no matter what the situation and its very frustrating. 

Archived