Keys To The Game

KRL

key to the game - passing more on 1st and 2nd down, keep buffalo guessing, which should open it up more for ivory.  use ivory in the passing game.  they need to be less predictable on offense.

Yep.  Spread it out.  I'd give them looks where they line up 5 wide with Ivory lined up as WR and motion him to the back field to see if they adjust.  I'd play that game all day long with Rex.  Expose the blitz, find the mismatch and keep doing it.  I'd play with a little more tempo tonight too.  If they see a personnel group that they like, go no huddle.  Gas them out. 

Rex can say it's just another game all he wants we know that is not the case.  He will coach hyper aggressive this game wanting to smash the jets with defense.  Jets better have a LOT of screens, quick reads and plays to the Hback/TE.  Too bad Cumberland is our guy, such a jag.

Yep.  Spread it out.  I'd give them looks where they line up 5 wide with Ivory lined up as WR and motion him to the back field to see if they adjust.  I'd play that game all day long with Rex.  Expose the blitz, find the mismatch and keep doing it.  I'd play with a little more tempo tonight too.  If they see a personnel group that they like, go no huddle.  Gas them out. 

they need to minimize the damage the front 7 can do and attack the secondary.  use devin smith and thompkins, short, quick passes, throw it to stacy, etc.  buffalo wants the jets to run it up the middle, the jets need to do to buffalo what NE did to the jets, spread them out and attack man on man.

Rex can say it's just another game all he wants we know that is not the case.  He will coach hyper aggressive this game wanting to smash the jets with defense.  Jets better have a LOT of screens, quick reads and plays to the Hback/TE.  Too bad Cumberland is our guy, such a jag.

This is his Super Bowl.  100%.

It doesn't matter to me if you don't win any other games this season, but please go out there and beat Rex tonight. Although Rex beating you in theory helps the Patriots (not that they need any help), I would rather see Rex go down than any benefit NE would get out of a Bills win. The guy really is retarded (sorry to use the word, but it best describes what he is) and I have no idea why teams keep on hiring this fool.

So tonight we stand together! Rex must go!

**** off back to Pats land 

The one guy I'm worried about the most on offense for Buff is Tyrod Taylor. I didn't see last week's game only highlights. But he was hitting Bills receivers long and that's a weakness of our pass defense. So pass rush is a must for the Jets because I'm assuming with their receivers they might get at least two big plays. McCoy is probable to play tonight so if effective that could set up big passing plays. If the Jets front line can put pressure on Taylor and he isn't that successful using his legs to extend plays (I'm assuming he will be) and they can create at least two turnovers we are in the game. 

The one guy I'm worried about the most on offense for Buff is Tyrod Taylor. I didn't see last week's game only highlights. But he was hitting Bills receivers long and that's a weakness of our pass defense. So pass rush is a must for the Jets because I'm assuming with their receivers they might get at least two big plays. McCoy is probable to play tonight so if effective that could set up big passing plays. If the Jets front line can put pressure on Taylor and he isn't that successful using his legs to extend plays (I'm assuming he will be) and they can create at least two turnovers we are in the game. 

they need a guy like mauldin to just keep chasing him since the other lbs are slow and he'll get chunks of yards.

they need to minimize the damage the front 7 can do and attack the secondary.  use devin smith and thompkins, short, quick passes, throw it to stacy, etc.  buffalo wants the jets to run it up the middle, the jets need to do to buffalo what NE did to the jets, spread them out and attack man on man.

Yep.  Hard counts too.  Rex's D love to jump offsides.  

I know Mauldin is young and looks fast, but he is not. He has quick feet, but he ran a 4.85. He's not running down Tyrod Taylor in the open field. They had better keep their lanes and contain.

Which actually opens up the question; does Coples get more run this game?  Say what you want about the kid, the one thing he does really well is set the edge and play contain.

Which actually opens up the question; does Coples get more run this game?  Say what you want about the kid, the one thing he does really well is set the edge and play contain.

I honestly think he has been hampered by the elbow. 

I don't expect many sacks or free rushes.  I expect methodical bulrushes and a bunch of balls batted down at the line.  That is what this line is built for. Close the noose around him and squeeze him out.

The outcome of this game lies solely on the quality of Jif's Movember beard.  If your beard is coming in full and manly we're gonna win this game.  If you're sporting patches of sparse fuzz looking like you pasted a couple merkins to your cheeks then we're rightly ****ed.

On offense quick throws in space. Negate their defensive line and Rex's blitzes. Up tempo. Not sure I agree about wasting much time establishing the run. IMO, Ivory getting stuffed on first down is a terrible way to start the game. Look at what the Pats did vs. us or the Bills -- pass, pass, pass. Yes I know Fitz isn't Brady -- but that's how you match up against this team. Get them on their heels sideline to sideline, then hit them with Ivory.

Defensively I agree, it's very simple. Stop the run, put Revis on Watkins. Make Tyrod beat you elsewhere.

I couldn't agree more on the "pass to set up the run" approach. Quick strikes through the air will force the Bills out of the box, then attack with the run.

I honestly think he has been hampered by the elbow. 

I don't expect many sacks or free rushes.  I expect methodical bulrushes and a bunch of balls batted down at the line.  That is what this line is built for. Close the noose around him and squeeze him out.

I was almost shocked to read but in his 5 games, Taylor has been sacked, 17 times!   That's one of the highest sack rates in the league. 

The outcome of this game lies solely on the quality of Jif's Movember beard.  If your beard is coming in full and manly we're gonna win this game.  If you're sporting patches of sparse fuzz looking like you pasted a couple merkins to your cheeks then we're rightly ****ed.

It's pretty solid my man.  It's only been 2 weeks, so I'm not Duck Dynasty...but its full, no patches and gorgeous.  The ladies love it.  Dudes too. 

I may have missed it somewhere in the thread but surprised nobody mentioned Clay.  If Buffalo targets him enough, he's going to have a big day.  Also McCoy catching the ball out of the backfield against Harris and Davis could post some serious problems.

Best matchup should be Revis vs. Watkins because you know Rex doesn't just want to win, but he wants his guy to beat Revis once or twice.  Watkins was supposedly able to get  open against Revis last season, they just didn't throw it to him.

Also interested to see if Rex tries to use Denarius Moore since there's no tape on him.  Speedster who's only been used on ST's so far but had some success with the Raiders a few years ago.

I was almost shocked to read but in his 5 games, Taylor has been sacked, 17 times!   That's one of the highest sack rates in the league. 

It's pretty solid my man.  It's only been 2 weeks, so I'm not Duck Dynasty...but its full, no patches and gorgeous.  The ladies love it.  Dudes too. 

Oooooooohhh!!!  I feel good about this now!

Cool.  I guess that is how he is keeping his INT totals down.

Possibly some broken plays he tried to extend and got tackled behind the LOS.  I cant imagine too many are the traditional pocket collapses type sacks because of his mobility.

Another thing I just looked up, Greg Roman pretty much dominated Bowles led D's while in Arizona.  1-3 vs. Roman.  Roman averaged 22.5 a game vs. him.  Currently, the Bills average 26.1 (Jets are at even 25).  A couple of those games the offense ran wild, 150 and 200+ yards on the ground.  The other 2, held them under 90 for the day.  Good news is, while Kaep had decent passing games, 7-1 INT's vs TD's, he only really got off on the ground once (6-90).  

This is going to be interesting.  I'm nervous.  haha

Possibly some broken plays he tried to extend and got tackled behind the LOS.  I cant imagine too many are the traditional pocket collapses type sacks because of his mobility.

Another thing I just looked up, Greg Roman pretty much dominated Bowles led D's while in Arizona.  1-3 vs. Roman.  Roman averaged 22.5 a game vs. him.  Currently, the Bills average 26.1 (Jets are at even 25).  A couple of those games the offense ran wild, 150 and 200+ yards on the ground.  The other 2, held them under 90 for the day.  Good news is, while Kaep had decent passing games, 7-1 INT's vs TD's, he only really got off on the ground once (6-90).  

Found that yesterday about Bowles/Roman and was going to use it in matchup article but word press was acting up.  Between Bowles' history with Roman and Rex vs. Fitz,...not very encouraging.

I am nervous every week so far.  I like it.  This team is good enough to win any game, but not good enough to expect it.  Some of that is just parity.

Found that yesterday about Bowles/Roman and was going to use it in matchup article but word press was acting up.  Between Bowles' history with Roman and Rex vs. Fitz,...not very encouraging.

Yeah, the historical data isnt kind for the Jets.  It's interesting to read, I get into that type of stuff but the truth is, none of that history matters tonight.  Everyone is in a different place and points in their career.  All that sh*t is out the window.  The team that plays the best tonight, will win the game.  The Jets need to focus on starting fast.  They cant get off to a typical sluggish start because I got a feeling, the Bills are coming out guns blazing.

I am nervous every week so far.  I like it.  This team is good enough to win any game, but not good enough to expect it.  Some of that is just parity.

This is true.  Definitely makes it more interesting.  I mean, how fun is it really to be a Pats fan and know your team is going to win walking away every game. :(

Yeah, the historical data isnt kind for the Jets.  It's interesting to read, I get into that type of stuff but the truth is, none of that history matters tonight.  Everyone is in a different place and points in their career.  All that sh*t is out the window.  The team that plays the best tonight, will win the game.  The Jets need to focus on starting fast.  They cant get off to a typical sluggish start because I got a feeling, the Bills are coming out guns blazing.

This is true.  Definitely makes it more interesting.  I mean, how fun is it really to be a Pats fan and know your team is going to win walking away every game. :(

Yep, we can throw out the stats.  With that said, here's one in our favor, lol:

On Sunday, the Jets blitzed Blake Bortles on 26 of his 49 dropbacks (53 percent), the highest rate at which he's been blitzed this season, per ESPN Stats & Info. The Jets were quite effective when sending a member of the secondary, sacking Bortles three times and holding him to 1-of-8 passing with an interception. The Bills' Tyrod Taylor has been sacked 17 times in six games this season.

I am a Yankee fan.  It honestly is more interesting.  Baseball becomes meaningless until the playoffs.  Then one game against a team that belongs in the NL West and it's over.

What happens there is that when you don't win the Super Bowl or eve lose a game, Yankee like anger comes out

On Sunday, the Jets blitzed Blake Bortles on 26 of his 49 dropbacks (53 percent), the highest rate at which he's been blitzed this season, per ESPN Stats & Info. The Jets were quite effective when sending a member of the secondary, sacking Bortles three times and holding him to 1-of-8 passing with an interception. The Bills' Tyrod Taylor has been sacked 17 times in six games this season.

Truthfully, if it wasn't for those two big plays the Jets defense played well against Bortles and the Jags.   Hopefully that problem is solved with Cro out.

Is there an echo in this thread?!?

I am a Yankee fan.  It honestly is more interesting.  Baseball becomes meaningless until the playoffs.  Then one game against a team that belongs in the NL West and it's over.

What happens there is that when you don't win the Super Bowl or eve lose a game, Yankee like anger comes out

I guess its because I grew up a Jets, Mets, Knicks, Islanders fan - that when the Gators were in their hay day, it never got old.  haha.  They were the only thing in sports that brought me any joy.  And I like joy. 

Archived