### Jets \ Cowboys --- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our OL looked beat up. Giancomini is the Colon-Pena;ty de jour for 2014. Brick looks worn out and is being overpowered by opponents on a consistent basis. We NEED to invest in OL Talent in 2016. Cracks are showing in the foundation. 

I STAND by my remark. you wait and see. By his 4th Year, Enunwa's game will be congruent to Cotchery in his Prime Years. MARK IT AND BOOK IT! Call me out in 2019 otherwise. 

First off, Cotchery was/is much faster. Second, he had and still has much better hands. Third, he is a great route runner. It was a mistake by Jets to let him go. He had many good years left in him.  

First off, Cotchery was/is much faster. Second, he had and still has much better hands. Third, he is a great route runner. It was a mistake by Jets to let him go. He had many good years left in him.  

4th, your "professional opinion" while I'm SURE is NFL credentialed and universally revered in all NFL talent evaluating circles and camps, is merely the opinion of a person typing behind a keyboard on internet forum. You're about as right as I am, so feel free to wallow in your HATING on Enunwa and let me BATHE in the glory that is see my prognostication come to fruition. We'll talk in 2019. 

Why is anyone comparing the 2? Enunwa is freaking HUGE compared to Cotchery. Not even the same type of WRs. I look at Enunwa as a poor mans Anquan Boldin but at the #3 that could end up being pretty damn good! He's gotten better as the season has progressed & that's what you want to see.

Those 3 are some big tough WRs , Marshall, Decker, Enunwa.

Was it me or were Mantz and Sims upset over us winning? I'm sorry that they might been doing the Steelers game tomorrow & their buddy Rothlisburger may be facing elimination...

Dear God, can any NFL commentator not be bias?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

4th, your "professional opinion" while I'm SURE is NFL credentialed and universally revered in all NFL talent evaluating circles and camps, is merely the opinion of a person typing behind a keyboard on internet forum. You're about as right as I am, so feel free to wallow in your HATING on Enunwa and let me BATHE in the glory that is see my prognostication come to fruition. We'll talk in 2019. 

Well I've been watching the Jets and football since 1963. So I think that qualifies me to have a decent insight into talent.  Never said I hated Enunwa.  He's just nowhere in Cotchery's class, who was one of the finest wr's this organization ever has had. So to make such a misinformed statement like you did is simply preposterous, and without an acumen of proof to substantiate your hollow claim.  

Our OL looked beat up. Giancomini is the Colon-Pena;ty de jour for 2014. Brick looks worn out and is being overpowered by opponents on a consistent basis. We NEED to invest in OL Talent in 2016. Cracks are showing in the foundation. 

#SignAndreSmith2016

Winters did something good earlier, but I didn't pay enough attention as the game went on.

It's imperative that we start looking for a new LT & RT.

Brick & Breno are breaking down. Macs gonna have to be really creative. I wouldn't mind seeing him jettison Dbrick & go after a younger free agent LT & draft Best Olineman available to groom at RT. You stiil have Mangold for a good 3 years.

Well I've been watching the Jets and football since 1963. So I think that qualifies me to have a decent insight into talent.  Never said I hated Enunwa.  He's just nowhere in Cotchery's class, who was one of the finest wr's this organization ever has had. So to make such a misinformed statement like you did is simply preposterous, and without an acumen of proof to substantiate your hollow claim.  

cotchery was a physical possession type WR who was clutch in key situations. Yet, he was no game breaker. He did not have exceptional speed nor extreme physical measureables that gave him ANY TALENT advantage over the common NFL DB. He was a lunch pail guy gritty WR, nothing exceptional. 

I have observed Enunwa to be molding a similar STYLE of play where he is physical possession WR. Serves the same role, but yes bigger. Point is, it's not Misinformed statement, it's an opinion based on observation from my perspective. Good for you that you got a 24 year jump on me watching football, doesn't validate any none the more; merely opinion Gil Brandt. :-)

Why is anyone comparing the 2? Enunwa is freaking HUGE compared to Cotchery. Not even the same type of WRs. I look at Enunwa as a poor mans Anquan Boldin but at the #3 that could end up being pretty damn good! He's gotten better as the season has progressed & that's what you want to see.

Those 3 are some big tough WRs , Marshall, Decker, Enunwa.

Surely you jest Jetster. Enunwa a poor man's Boldin?  I know we won a big game just now but Cmon man.  

true .. He did get owned on the TD though ... I'll take the night as a whole vs Dez any day 

Honestly not too pissed about the TD.  Didn't like they play call and I hated how the players executed.  Left Darrelle out to dry.  Overall, I felt he had a great game.

Cotchery was/is NOT faster than Enunwa.  Enunwa is pretty damn fast in a straight line.  Enunwa is a 4.4s guy.  Cotchery was a 4.6 guy.

cotchery was a physical possession type WR who was clutch in key situations. Yet, he was no game breaker. He did not have exceptional speed nor extreme physical measureables that gave him ANY TALENT advantage over the common NFL DB. He was a lunch pail guy gritty WR, nothing exceptional. 

I have observed Enunwa to be molding a similar STYLE of play where he is physical possession WR. Serves the same role, but yes bigger. Point is, it's not Misinformed statement, it's an opinion based on observation from my perspective. Good for you that you got a 24 year jump on me watching football, doesn't validate any none the more; merely opinion Gil Brandt. :-)

Son, Cotchery had the uncanny ability to catch balls in clutch situations.  Check back in 24 years when you catch up.

Cotchery was/is NOT faster than Enunwa.  Enunwa is pretty damn fast in a straight line.  Enunwa is a 4.4s guy.  Cotchery was a 4.6 guy.

see PowPow, seems like others also disagree with YOUR talent evaluation acumen. :-)

Doesnt make either of you correct.

Son, Cotchery had the uncanny ability to catch balls in clutch situations.  Check back in 24 years when you catch up.

it's ok Pops, you'll have dropped dead by then. Thanks for playing though. Enunwa will develop accordingly. Enjoy dementia and your dismissive arrogance typical of that generation's ilk. ;-)

see PowPow, seems like others also disagree with YOUR talent evaluation acumen. :-)

Doesnt make either of you correct.

Hardly.  The reason he looks so much slower is because he has no finesse. He cant run a decent route.  Take a guy like Largent who was a master route runner and burned guys to ashes.   Cotchery it seemed was always able to get open. One of the smarter, reliable wr's to play the position. Definitely underrated.      

it's ok Pops, you'll have dropped dead by then. Thanks for playing though. Enunwa will develop accordingly. Enjoy dementia and your dismissive arrogance typical of that generation's ilk. ;-)

Well lets see. I'm 58, look 42, have a 31 year old girlfriend, run the 100 in 13 seconds and will piss on your grave.   :lol:

He was a better WR than Enunwa, but no way in hell he was faster.  

Enunwa has speed and is built like a tank.  You can also see him getting better catching the ball.  He'll never be the most natural catcher, but he's becoming acceptable. 

Don't tell me. Tell it to the dickhead who thinks he's going to live forever.

All true, but the Cowboys are a faster DL and smaller - they aren't used to it... but yes, we need to rebuild OL (and LB) this offseason

Archived