Fitzy In Inclimate Weather

Simijet

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's always been a smart guy who didn't necessarily play smart on the field. Don't know if the light has finally gone off for him, or if Marshall and Decker is the difference, but he's playing much smarter this year than he ever has in his career.

The numbers say it's both, and that it's just about equal. Decker and Marshall have both had great seasons, but what keeps us in the game even if Fitz starts out slow is the lack of turnovers, which was pretty much the main problem with the last two quarterbacks over the previous six years.

The numbers say it's both, and that it's just about equal. Decker and Marshall have both had great seasons, but what keeps us in the game even if Fitz starts out slow is the lack of turnovers, which was pretty much the main problem with the last two quarterbacks over the previous six years.

Some guys just can't go fully in on Fitz they have to keep a little doubt hanging out there to preserve their precious online egos. It's sad.

Some guys just can't go fully in on Fitz they have to keep a little doubt hanging out there to preserve their precious online egos. It's sad.

Sadness is having to get an elbow in against fellow Jet fans at every opportunity, rather than just sitting back and enjoying the season. I am very much enjoying the best season -by far- that Ryan Fitzpatrick has ever enjoyed as a pro. Being willing to go "fully in" on the career journeyman as result of said best season would seem to me to be a little foolhardy. But for now, it's a fun ride. Very fun. I'm gonna wait until after the Jets' season is done before I re-engage in the conversation about just how much the Jets should commit to Fitz in the future. Hopefully that'll be in February. 

With a forecast of snow showers for Sunday, I was wondering if any of you has seen how Fitzpatrick handles cold, wet weather.  I feel the Jets are definitely the better team, but I also know that snow can be the great equalizer, and am hoping it won't take away the passing game too much.  Anyone thoughts???

Checked 4 posts up from yours

Believe it or not, I was my fifth grade spelling bee champion:unsure:

Sadness is having to get an elbow in against fellow Jet fans at every opportunity, rather than just sitting back and enjoying the season. I am very much enjoying the best season -by far- that Ryan Fitzpatrick has ever enjoyed as a pro. Being willing to go "fully in" on the career journeyman as result of said best season would seem to me to be a little foolhardy. But for now, it's a fun ride. Very fun. I'm gonna wait until after the Jets' season is done before I re-engage in the conversation about just how much the Jets should commit to Fitz in the future. Hopefully that'll be in February. 

Oh I'm loving it believe that. Maybe you will realise it doesn't make you a bad person to back the wrong horse and enjoy it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm loving it believe that. Maybe you will realise it doesn't make you a bad person to back the wrong horse and enjoy it yourself.

I fully supported the coaching staff the whole way. Was 100% behind giving Geno a shot with Marshall and Gailey, and was immediately done when I saw the team's (lack of) response when Geno got his face broken. You keep trying to set me up as your strawman, but there's nothing there. 

Sorry I'm not as gung ho as you are to pay him top dollar right this second. But that's a separate issue. Enjoying my time with Fitz. 

I would think given his history in Buffalo the better question is over Tyrods history in cold, wet, snowy weather.  

Good point! Do you know?  Seems its been 50 degrees everywhere but Minnesota all over the country.  Taylor is such an unknown. We held him in check pretty well first time out.  Still, he is relatively such an unknown.    

I'm gonna wait until after the Jets' season is done before I re-engage in the conversation about just how much the Jets should commit to Fitz in the future. Hopefully that'll be in February. 

LOL.  

Dude, before the Pats game you were all "let's see what he does against the Pats" ... then Fitz goes out and gets AFC offensive player of the week for the second time this December. 

And now you're drawing yet another line in the weak-armed, 6-win, never-beat-a-winner sand?  

You'll probably take this post personally (and downvote, Slats? Really?), but it's not - I simply enjoy watching a hater be so consistently wrong on a topic that's been making this a great season for the Jets.

LOL.  

Dude, before the Pats game you were all "let's see what he does against the Pats" ... then Fitz goes out and gets AFC offensive player of the week for the second time this December. 

And now you're drawing yet another line in the weak-armed, 6-win, never-beat-a-winner sand?  

You'll probably take this post personally (and downvote, Slats? Really?), but it's not - I simply enjoy watching a hater be so consistently wrong on a topic that's been making this a great season for the Jets.

Quote me. Otherwise, you're FoS. 

Good point! Do you know?  Seems its been 50 degrees everywhere but Minnesota all over the country.  Taylor is such an unknown. We held him in check pretty well first time out.  Still, he is relatively such an unknown.    

He really is.  We did do a good job, kept him in the pocket which is key

I fully supported the coaching staff the whole way. Was 100% behind giving Geno a shot with Marshall and Gailey, and was immediately done when I saw the team's (lack of) response when Geno got his face broken. You keep trying to set me up as your strawman, but there's nothing there. 

Sorry I'm not as gung ho as you are to pay him top dollar right this second. But that's a separate issue. Enjoying my time with Fitz. 

It is ok I am sure your momma still loves you

I think lake effect snow would cause me to go back to the chronic, lol

New Year's Day Snow before 2pm, then snow showers likely, mainly between 2pm and 3pm. Areas of blowing snow before 3pm. High near 31. Windy, with a west wind 22 to 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tonight
A chance of snow showers, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Breezy, with a west wind 17 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Saturday
Snow showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Breezy, with a west wind 16 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Saturday Night
A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Breezy, with a southwest wind 16 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Sunday
Snow showers likely before 10am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday Night
Snow showers likely, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 18. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Monday
Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Well the 2nd best season of his career came in Buffalo in 2012, where he had 3 solid seasons. So I can't imagine the cold/bad weather is a huge problem for him. I know our resident Bills fans have stated he struggles late in seasons, but who knows if that will translate to Sunday.

Let's run the ball down their throats anyways; we're due for a big day on the ground. Even if Powell and Ivory are both banged up....

QBs who can run have field days in snow.  Could say the same for TT

The wind will have more of an impact on the game than a few snowflakes.

Yea was thinking same thing seeing those wind predictions. With the running game possibly limited w/o Powell, Jets will have to throw more.  Hopefully the wind issue wont be a problem as the Jet passing attack is more mid range passes anyway. 

Start Geno he is consistent in all types of weather (abysmal). It is fascinating watching the desperate Geno jock sniffers trying to set up pathetic preemptive criticisms of fitz. You were wrong. Get over it my god

Start Geno he is consistent in all types of weather (abysmal). It is fascinating watching the desperate Geno jock sniffers trying to set up pathetic preemptive criticisms of fitz. You were wrong. Get over it my god

Geno haters give it a rest move on already. The guy is our backup QB end of discussion, 

But when do we get to find out what Geno has to offer?  It's so unfair to watch a career journeyman stunt the growth of our young franchise QB.  

Geno haters give it a rest move on already. The guy is our backup QB end of discussion, 

Oh my naive friend wait until fitz has a bad game.bsuddenly the "move on crowd"will be the "told ya so crowd." Too many petty egos on the line here. Just wait and see.

But when do we get to find out what Geno has to offer?  It's so unfair to watch a career journeyman stunt the growth of our young franchise QB.  

Next bad game fitz has trust me the Geno sniffers will come back like the shingles virus

It never ends.

Another Fitz thread that you feel the need to turn into a Geno bash.  

Can't talk about one without talking about the other. You know it would happen if Fitz was losing.

Bullshlt, one has nothing to do with the other, that pure nonsense.  What would happen? Anyone with half a brain knows what kind of job Fitz has done.  He doesnt need to be defended and the  constant beating of a dead horse by fans who apparently cant discuss anything else.  

what makes no sense, whats the most pathetic bit of nonsense is that despite all he's done that people would be all over Fitz.  So he's coming to the aid of Fitz in advance of his shltting the bed and the attacks it would bring on.  On how many levels is this dumb

I'll tell you what might happen, everyone sick of his constant whining would jump all over the board to rip him just to get him back

It never ends.

Another Fitz thread that you feel the need to turn into a Geno bash.  

You mean how every thread was a fitz bash and Geno lick until PRO FITZ PEOPLE WERE PROVEN CORRECT. You dished, now you taste.

Can't talk about one without talking about the other. You know it would happen if Fitz was losing.

And it will happen again the second fitz loses a game. Let's hope it isn't until 2016 season

Bullshlt, one has nothing to do with the other, that pure nonsense.  What would happen? Anyone with half a brain knows what kind of job Fitz has done.  He doesnt need to be defended and the  constant beating of a dead horse by fans who apparently cant discuss anything else.  

what makes no sense, whats the most pathetic bit of nonsense is that despite all he's done that people would be all over Fitz.  So he's coming to the aid of Fitz in advance of his shltting the bed and the attacks it would bring on.  On how many levels is this dumb

I'll tell you what might happen, everyone sick of his constant whining would jump all over the board to rip him just to get him back

Sooooo when you think you're right, everyone else is a moron. When you are wrong, everyone needs to move on. Amazing strategy. Not buying. You just gonna have to soak it in.

Archived