Jets 2016 Salary Cap

j4jets

We had $2.4 mil in cap space left over from 2015 that will get pushed to 2016.

I do not believe that we will have a rollover.  They spent more than the salary cap last year due to previous rollover (cap adjustment), and I do not believe they can roll it over again.

Haven't had a chance to look over anything else, but I am interested.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

letting mo go would be really stupid.   he is everything you want in a franchise player, and yes he does make big plays.  sheldumb is one bad idea from gone and williams is a run stuffer

letting mo go makes this defense a middle of the pack defense

So, if Fritz wants market value you let him walk?  Who is your starter?  Geno? Some other FA that you can get for your 6m+2m price?

Dream on.   

He's a below average QB who played average with the best WR duo on his side. His numbers put him right around the middle of the league while facing bottom of the barrel Ds. Don't make him ought to be a Gannon. He's a game manager that can pass well against backup secondaries, the kinds he faced most of the last season. He is extremely limited to where e can take the team. Geno has more upside and he showed that towards the end of his 2nd season. Garbage games? For the fans, yes. For the players, no. Their career depends on such games. 

letting mo go would be really stupid.   he is everything you want in a franchise player, and yes he does make big plays.  sheldumb is one bad idea from gone and williams is a run stuffer

letting mo go makes this defense a middle of the pack defense

no one denies what you're saying. It's just not feasible to manage things salary wise. If we extend him, his first two years salaries need to be very modest. 

I do not believe that we will have a rollover.  They spent more than the salary cap last year due to previous rollover (cap adjustment), and I do not believe they can roll it over again.

Haven't had a chance to look over anything else, but I am interested.

It does rollover. Jags had like 30 mil rollover n their free cap space is like 70mil. That's insane. 

He's a below average QB who played average with the best WR duo on his side. His numbers put him right around the middle of the league while facing bottom of the barrel Ds. Don't make him ought to be a Gannon. He's a game manager that can pass well against backup secondaries, the kinds he faced most of the last season. He is extremely limited to where e can take the team. Geno has more upside and he showed that towards the end of his 2nd season. Garbage games? For the fans, yes. For the players, no. Their career depends on such games. 

Well at this point we're both just speculating on what might be during the 2016 season.  I, and most of us I think, believe that Fitz is the better solution.  It's called an educated guess (a guess based on knowledge and experience and therefore likely to be correct.)

So you felt going into the season the Jets had the best WR duo in the NFL ? Come on Man... nobody thought that. Maybe top ten but no way the best. So you want to give the WR's all the credit and give Fitz nothing ? Who the hell was throwing these great receivers the football ? Its about time this team had a few WR's that could make tough catches from time to time and yes they made a few but Fitz made a few great throws as well and led some very very clutch drives. They were the best WR duo in the NFL not just because they made it happen but because it was a very nice match with them and Fitz.

Its amazing to me how Jets fans continuously figure out ways to just push the QB aside even when he puts up the best numbers this franchise has ever seen in its history.

In the case of Geno he has a good arm and that's the ONLY good trait he has. In every other way he is terrible even in the Raiders game when he came in with all those great WR's he still didn't know how to step up in the pocket, Still didn't know how to read a defense pre snap, and still played with fear. He's a bad QB and nothing is going to change that fact . The only games Geno is going to excel in are games the opposing team gets zero pressure and just about everything clicks on offense. He will never take another snap for this team again and may very well be cut this year.

I'm all for keeping Fitz but I find it hard to believe that throwing an interception when you're staring at a chip shot field goal to take the lead late in a win and in game because you pre programmed yourself to throw the ball and didn't deviate from that one inch is a normal football play, so "Oopsie! Great play defender!"

Its not like he forced the pass into coverage ...we simply had the matchup we were looking for and the defender made a great play. Like I said if Fitz throws that ball into triple coverage then yeah DUMB play but he didn't he did what the play was designed to do. if there was serious coverage he probably looks to Ivory and we win the game. Dumb luck I guess. Just to be clear when you make that read and go for the one on one match up you release the ball right away there are no other post snap progressions its a bang bang play and we got banged lol

You have to keep Mo

Let Ivory walk (simply not fast enough anymore)

Snacks will get much more than $4mm

You can not draft defense with your top two picks 

Need to pick up a FAST RB (first round should either be RB or OL or QB)

Amaro should be healthy, don't need to spend big on free agent TE

Well at this point we're both just speculating on what might be during the 2016 season.  I, and most of us I think, believe that Fitz is the better solution.  It's called an educated guess (a guess based on knowledge and experience and therefore likely to be correct.)

My educated guess tells me that when these two QBs were in a true competition , Geno was leading, and I suppose it was because he was the better QB until he got hurt n Bowles went with the hot hand...when we started winning against teams with losing records. 

So you felt going into the season the Jets had the best WR duo in the NFL ? Come on Man... nobody thought that. Maybe top ten but no way the best. So you want to give the WR's all the credit and give Fitz nothing ? Who the hell was throwing these great receivers the football ? Its about time this team had a few WR's that could make tough catches from time to time and yes they made a few but Fitz made a few great throws as well and led some very very clutch drives. They were the best WR duo in the NFL not just because they made it happen but because it was a very nice match with them and Fitz.

Its amazing to me how Jets fans continuously figure out ways to just push the QB aside even when he puts up the best numbers this franchise has ever seen in its history.

In the case of Geno he has a good arm and that's the ONLY good trait he has. In every other way he is terrible even in the Raiders game when he came in with all those great WR's he still didn't know how to step up in the pocket, Still didn't know how to read a defense pre snap, and still played with fear. He's a bad QB and nothing is going to change that fact . The only games Geno is going to excel in are games the opposing team gets zero pressure and just about everything clicks on offense. He will never take another snap for this team again and may very well be cut this year.

Well, he threw for 265 yards, 2tds n an int. No Powell in it, Ivory was garbage, so no running game. The D forgot to tackle or cover the WRs. He outplayed Fitz the entire offseason so if he's a bad QB, Fitz was being owned by a bad QB but somehow Fitz is now Jesus in the homers land.

speaking of taking a step, Geno was flawless up until the last practice. He paid a hefty price for that one int in over all those practices. 

My educated guess tells me that when these two QBs were in a true competition , Geno was leading, and I suppose it was because he was the better QB until he got hurt n Bowles went with the hot hand...when we started winning against teams with losing records. 

TB has seen both of these QB's in action all season and knows a lot more about their ability than either of us.  He's already said if Fitz is back he is the starter.  So either you do you know better than TB or you're just trying to save 2-3m by lowballing Fitz.  I'm prepared to trust our GM's opinion over yours on this subject.  Let's see how it plays out. 

TB has seen both of these QB's in action all season and knows a lot more about their ability than either of us.  He's already said if Fitz is back he is the starter.  So either you do you know better than TB or you're just trying to save 2-3m by lowballing Fitz.  I'm prepared to trust our GM's opinion over yours on this subject.  Let's see how it plays out. 

It's all good and fair what you're saying, but you keep ignoring facts. Geno was miles ahead of Fitz until he got hurt. From there on out, Fitz went on a run beating teams with losing records while losing to every team that resembled a winning record at the time.

It's simple. How many games did Powell miss? 5. We lost four of those games. Something tells me Fitz reached his peak on the season. 

I'm all for keeping Fitz but I find it hard to believe that throwing an interception when you're staring at a chip shot field goal to take the lead late in a win and in game because you pre programmed yourself to throw the ball and didn't deviate from that one inch is a normal football play, so "Oopsie! Great play defender!"

Chip shot?  Didn't that kick just miss a 40 earlier in the day?

Well, he threw for 265 yards, 2tds n an int. No Powell in it, Ivory was garbage, so no running game. The D forgot to tackle or cover the WRs. He outplayed Fitz the entire offseason so if he's a bad QB, Fitz was being owned by a bad QB but somehow Fitz is now Jesus in the homers land.

speaking of taking a step, Geno was flawless up until the last practice. He paid a hefty price for that one int in over all those practices. 

Red jersey Flawless does not turn me on man :)

I'm just going to sit here and refuse to believe you exist.

So dump our 30 TD QB because your worried about 3 mil ? tell me man WTF are YOU talking about ...

I don't give a flying **** that he went to Harvard so stop with that ridiculously stupid crap. The games we lost this year were a team effort . We played bad football as a team in most of our losses Fitz was the least of our problems.

As for the Pass to Decker and your explanation why he should have gone another direction exposes your lack of football knowledge. The pass to Decker was a timing play the pre snap read was a one on one situation Fitz NEVER looked at Ivory because he had the Matchup he wanted with Decker being one on one. The defender in that case made a fantastic play and the ball was thrown before the WR/DB even made a break on the ball. You do realize defenders make great plays from time to time no matter how good a match up you may think you have. Maybe if Decker looks up a split second earlier he could have shortened his route and made a play on the ball. Either way that's the worst example of blaming Fitz because 90 % of the QB's in the NFL would have made that same throw in that situation based on what the defense was showing pre snap. Now if that was a double or triple team I would agree with you 100 % but it was not. Fitz made the right read and throw and the defender made a great play.... end of story.

lol 

Dude he blew the game. Everyone knows it, including Fitzpatrick. Where do you get the ludicrous - not to mention baseless - idea that "90% of the QBs in the NFL would have" made a stupid and totally unnecessary risky throw? What 90% of the QBs - including Fitz - should know before they line up is in that situation you don't throw the ball to anyone unless he's standing all by himself. Not unless you're a QB with a rocket for an arm and pinpoint accuracy and you're in a zone where you could hit a dot with a blindfold on. 

He has plenty of positive attributes (leadership being the most obvious) but IMO Fitz's #1 weakness is not that he doesn't have a particularly strong arm. It's his decision making after the ball is snapped, and the telegraphing of that decision with his long stare-downs. It's why it's an extreme rarity for him to go to his 2nd WR option, it's why he gets so many batted passes, and it's why he threw a pick when we were already in chip-shot FG range, down 2 points late in the game. 

What we witnessed is the downside of getting rid of the ball fast. It's often too fast, and he forces the ball into a bad spot instead of bothering to see if there's a better play to be made. Put simply, he does not survey the field. He looks at his primary target and either throws it there, dumps it off to his back, or throws it away. Everyone else is effectively a decoy on virtually every pass play.

lol 

Dude he blew the game. Everyone knows it, including Fitzpatrick. Where do you get the ludicrous - not to mention baseless - idea that "90% of the QBs in the NFL would have" made a stupid and totally unnecessary risky throw? What 90% of the QBs - including Fitz - should know before they line up is in that situation you don't throw the ball to anyone unless he's standing all by himself. Not unless you're a QB with a rocket for an arm and pinpoint accuracy and you're in a zone where you could hit a dot with a blindfold on. 

He has plenty of positive attributes (leadership being the most obvious) but IMO Fitz's #1 weakness is not that he doesn't have a particularly strong arm. It's his decision making after the ball is snapped, and the telegraphing of that decision with his long stare-downs. It's why it's an extreme rarity for him to go to his 2nd WR option, it's why he gets so many batted passes, and it's why he threw a pick when we were already in chip-shot FG range, down 2 points late in the game. 

What we witnessed is the downside of getting rid of the ball fast. It's often too fast, and he forces the ball into a bad spot instead of bothering to see if there's a better play to be made. Put simply, he does not survey the field. He looks at his primary target and either throws it there, dumps it off to his back, or throws it away. Everyone else is effectively a decoy on virtually every pass play.

Sorry but your wrong ..they had the match up they wanted one on one and Fitz went for it.... Of course he said he would love to have that throw back because it was ultimately intercepted so of course he's gonna say that. And where do you get all this made up sh*t about passes being batted down because he does not have a strong arm ?? From what I saw, as the year went on, his arm was getting stronger and stronger probably due to the fact his lower body was getting back where it needed to be after a broken leg and those muscles not being used for so long while probably immobilized or in a cast. When he needed to zip the ball in he stepped up and got it done and even some of the QB analysts on NFL network made comment about his arm being much stronger than they expected. But I mean wtf do they know they're just QB who played in the NFL.

Funny you say he blew the game yet you make no mention of the 6 drops that were critical to the games outcome. Freaking Enunwa could not even pull in a god damn shovel pass that would have resulted in a score. A botched punt and missed field goal didn't help matters either. BUT FITZ BLEW THE GAME NOT THE TEAM.

I know I may be on the positive side when it comes to QB play but in this case Fitz deserved all the praise he got so while I may be overly positive you my friend are certainly a bit over the top negative.

Neither one of us know what the design of that play called for but when a QB gets a 1 on 1 situation on a timing pattern with one of the best TD WR's in the NFL yeah 90 % of the time they are going for it. If anything on that play Mckelvin out ran Decker for the football because it was certainly there for him to make the play on as well  since Decker got beat over the top not underneath. It was a great play by the DB.

If anything I would have liked to see Gailey be a bit more conservative in those situations since too many times this year on 3rd and shorts we saw the Jets air it out deep rather than go for the short first down. They actually did it a lot as if they were in desperation mode when they really didn't have to be.

RESTRUCTURE/PAYCUT CANDIDATES

D'brickashaw (He's a prime candidate for a paycut. Theres a possibility he retires. He can possibly save about 2 mil as paycut)

Thoughts?...

Has anybody in the history of the world ever retired when they were due $9M guaranteed?  The guy isn't hurt, didn't miss snaps and played fine.  We may not be happy with his play, but he is going to keep playing and getting paid unless he gets all Patrick WIllis on us and I don't think even those 49ers guys left until their contracts were up.. 

Gilchrist saves $2 mil if cut. Was his play all that great? Have Dion Bailey or Rontez Miles shown us enough over the season to step into his position?

I'm sure Bowles (who's Defensive schemes heavily rely upon good S play) would want tokeep the veteran.

Always liked Allen.... hope we can bring him back.

GIlchrist played almost every snap.  Bailey and Miles both are more box safeties, like Pryor.  I'm for bringing Allen back, but he never looked good in centerfield or zone. 

No way the Jets extend Brick.

But I do agree with you, offer up some guaranteed money and that should get it done.

If you restructure him, it is going to amount to an extension.  Anything that puts more guaranteed money on the end of the deal is going to extend it and he is due $11M+ for 2017.  Do you want to guarantee that?  I doubt they can do anything without an extension that moves some guaranteed money to 2018 and/or gets him another signing bonus to prorate..

Sorry but your wrong ..they had the match up they wanted one on one and Fitz went for it.... Of course he said he would love to have that throw back because it was ultimately intercepted so of course he's gonna say that. And where do you get all this made up sh*t about passes being batted down because he does not have a strong arm ?? From what I saw, as the year went on, his arm was getting stronger and stronger probably due to the fact his lower body was getting back where it needed to be after a broken leg and those muscles not being used for so long while probably immobilized or in a cast. When he needed to zip the ball in he stepped up and got it done and even some of the QB analysts on NFL network made comment about his arm being much stronger than they expected. But I mean wtf do they know they're just QB who played in the NFL.

Funny you say he blew the game yet you make no mention of the 6 drops that were critical to the games outcome. Freaking Enunwa could not even pull in a god damn shovel pass that would have resulted in a score. A botched punt and missed field goal didn't help matters either. BUT FITZ BLEW THE GAME NOT THE TEAM.

I know I may be on the positive side when it comes to QB play but in this case Fitz deserved all the praise he got so while I may be overly positive you my friend are certainly a bit over the top negative.

Neither one of us know what the design of that play called for but when a QB gets a 1 on 1 situation on a timing pattern with one of the best TD WR's in the NFL yeah 90 % of the time they are going for it. If anything on that play Mckelvin out ran Decker for the football because it was certainly there for him to make the play on as well  since Decker got beat over the top not underneath. It was a great play by the DB.

If anything I would have liked to see Gailey be a bit more conservative in those situations since too many times this year on 3rd and shorts we saw the Jets air it out deep rather than go for the short first down. They actually did it a lot as if they were in desperation mode when they really didn't have to be.

No I am correct. It was a dumb pass, and an unnecessary risk. There was no reason to throw a pass near a defender right there. It was a chip-shot FG so the only likely way we come away from that drive without the lead (and huge momentum) was a turnover. 

You are living in fantasy land if you think 90% of NFL QBs would have risked the entire season so unnecessarily. Blame Gailey all you want, and he is not blameless himself, but the play was to go to Decker IF there is no risk of a turnover. No one except you believes that Gailey said to Fitz, "This is the play. Throw it there no matter what." Give me a break.

And if you want to complain about dropped passes, the single biggest dropped pass of the game was Buffalo dropping an easy pick-6 pass from Fitz. 

His biggest issue is he doesn't see the field. It affects everything he does that doesn't end well. If someone's open (and we have 2 top-notch WRs who are usually open), or if he happens to make a good throw, then it doesn't come up.

It was wholly, completely, entirely, and utterly stupid to throw that pass. Hell even Mrs. Sperm on the couch was saying he can do anything in the world except turn it over. Even taking a sack - bad outcome as that is for a play - is preferable to taking such an unnecessary risk like that.

No I am correct. It was a dumb pass, and an unnecessary risk. There was no reason to throw a pass near a defender right there. It was a chip-shot FG so the only likely way we come away from that drive without the lead (and huge momentum) was a turnover. 

You are living in fantasy land if you think 90% of NFL QBs would have risked the entire season so unnecessarily. Blame Gailey all you want, and he is not blameless himself, but the play was to go to Decker IF there is no risk of a turnover. No one except you believes that Gailey said to Fitz, "This is the play. Throw it there no matter what." Give me a break.

And if you want to complain about dropped passes, the single biggest dropped pass of the game was Buffalo dropping an easy pick-6 pass from Fitz. 

His biggest issue is he doesn't see the field. It affects everything he does that doesn't end well. If someone's open (and we have 2 top-notch WRs who are usually open), or if he happens to make a good throw, then it doesn't come up.

It was wholly, completely, entirely, and utterly stupid to throw that pass. Hell even Mrs. Sperm on the couch was saying he can do anything in the world except turn it over. Even taking a sack - bad outcome as that is for a play - is preferable to taking such an unnecessary risk like that.

Youre 100% correct.  You're down 2 and a chip shot away from taking the lead with minutes left in the game.  Your number 1 responsibility is ball security and protecting that possible game winning FG.  You don't throw a blind, late timing play on a wing and a prayer with the game sitting there for you to take.  It wasn't 4th down, down 5 running out of time.  im watching the game muttering be smart Fitz over and over.  He wasn't.  It's one of the worst INTs we've seen given the time, down and score.   Fitz knows it was a stupid play, he's admitted he wished he didn't throw it.  He screwed up, happens.  

lol 

You're correct.  I'm just not sure why so many are extrapolating that because of this mistake, we need a change at QB.  I remember you yourself saying in the game thread after that pick that "Fitz sucks".  Is that fair?  Fitz had something like 4-5 moments this season where I wanted to cover my face in shame.  There's been about 20+ moments per season like that with our previous QB's.  That's a pretty substantial difference between Fitz and a QB that "sucks".

No, he's just not an elite or great QB.  We've known this from the start that he has limitations that makes this impossible.  I'm just not sure what the plan would be at QB if Fitz isn't the guy in 2016.

Youre 100% correct.  You're down 2 and a chip shot away from taking the lead with minutes left in the game.  Your number 1 responsibility is ball security and protecting that possible game winning FG.  You don't throw a blind, late timing play on a wing and a prayer with the game sitting there for you to take.  It wasn't 4th down, down 5 running out of time.  It's one of the worst INTs we've seen given the time, down and score.   Fitz knows it was a stupid play, he's admitted he wished he didn't throw it.  He screwed up, happens.  

That was the other thing I forgot to mention was the down. This wasn't the last play of the game or even in the series. It was freaking 2nd down on Buffalo's 14 yard line. We didn't need a TD for a lead, or even to get a new set of downs.

Completely moronic, and Fitzpatrick is more than aware of it. It is ludicrous that Gailey's call was for Fitzpatrick to throw it no matter what and let the chips fall where they may.

Screw-ups do happen, but a smart + veteran QB is not supposed to make those types of screw-ups. 

Chip shot?  Didn't that kick just miss a 40 earlier in the day?

And then made one later, yes

You still have to assume that without a yard gained he hits that last one if they went FG. He was 8 for 8 39 yards or less this season for us.  3-3 for Houston.  

No Sperm but I'm pretty damn sure the object of that play is to get in the one on one situation. While Gailey may not say you MUST throw in that situation its certainly the favorable situation to be in and Im positive he coaches that. Throw it 100 % of the time obviously not. I think Fitz trusts his receiver on that play and it just didn't happen the defender made a great play on the ball.

This is pure horsesh*t . There were numerous 3rd down drops that would have extended drives or put us close to FG range and the shovel pass drop  was inexcusable

Well then how did he go 5 + games throwing 13 TD's and 1 Int ?? I guess it was all pure luck since he cant see the field. Stop this ridiculous crap man

Once again a risk would have been throwing into double to triple coverage . A timing play with a 1v1 situation with one of the best red zone WR's in the NFL is hardly as risky as your making it out to be.

Yeah I know Sperm and if it were to come down to the field goal and we still lost due to a buffalo TD it would have been "Damn Fitz could not get us in the endzone" it never ends just be happy we have a good QB on a win now team. There will be no rookies stepping in Geno is a hot ******* mess and there are no free agents worth a crap and even if they were they would have to learn a new offense Fitz already knows. You will have to deal with Fitz for at least the next 2-3 years and once we get a real weapon in the backfield and out TE back things may get even better. Early on Fitz knew the offense the team was still learning as the year progressed the fit seemed perfect to me. ALL QB's have good days and bad days just that with this ridiculous fan base a few bad days = a terrible QB then all the bullsh*t starts spewing out. Even when the QB in question just had the best year this franchise has ever seen.

The buffalo loss was a team loss and were most of the other losses and yes Fitz is part of this team but we had 2 losses due to Special Teams break downs and 2 other loses due to ridiculous turnovers and dropped passes Guess those were Fitz fault too.

You're correct.  I'm just not sure why so many are extrapolating that because of this mistake, we need a change at QB.  I remember you yourself saying in the game thread after that pick that "Fitz sucks".  Is that fair?  Fitz had something like 4-5 moments this season where I wanted to cover my face in shame.  There's been about 25+ moments per season like that with our previous QB's.  That's a pretty substantial difference between Fitz and a QB that "sucks".

No, he's just not an elite or great QB.  We've known this from the start that he has limitations that makes this impossible.  I'm just not sure what the plan would be at QB if Fitz isn't the guy in 2016.

Well you're making it out like it was only 1 of 4-5 moments where Fitz made a play this bad. If that easy pick-6 isn't dropped does it make the decision and execution any better on Fitzpatrick's part? No. But it was dropped, so statistically it's the same as throwing it away on purpose (or one of his own receivers dropping an easy pass). He threw at least 3 game-changing passes that all served to bury us.

Statistically he had a good season but I still don't think he's a good QB. I think he did some very good things and he also had a lot of things line up just right for him in a lot of instances this year.

I just object to the narrative that if not Fitz there are only 2 alternatives for better or for worse, that have been thrown my way all season long: Geno/Sanchez types and Rodgers/Brady. I just don't subscribe to that idea that if not him the alternative is Geno forevermore, until Aaron Rodgers comes along. There's plenty of wiggle room in between that black & white way of looking at him.

Getting back to the topic, I'm still fine with him returning if it's a reasonable # without too many guaranteed seasons. Problem is I don't think he'll jump at that and don't blame him. He's not good enough to win a Super Bowl, or even to get us to one, unless everything falls just right again (including a cake walk schedule to get us there). Fine to keep the starting job warm until someone better takes it from him, but not fine if he's paid so much that the team doesn't seriously look that hard and continues to wait until mid-late rounds or pick up only low level veterans designed to be his backup.

You're correct.  I'm just not sure why so many are extrapolating that because of this mistake, we need a change at QB.  I remember you yourself saying in the game thread after that pick that "Fitz sucks".  Is that fair?  Fitz had something like 4-5 moments this season where I wanted to cover my face in shame.  There's been about 20+ moments per season like that with our previous QB's.  That's a pretty substantial difference between Fitz and a QB that "sucks".

80 every QB has those moments simply because they touch the ball on every play. Unless you know of a QB who never had a moment I would like to see that guy. I watched a lot of Aaron Rodgers this year and as much as I think he's the greatest QB I have ever seen he had some horrific moments this season but you don't see me going around saying Aaron Rodgers sucks .

Red jersey Flawless does not turn me on man :)

If you can't do it in a red jersey, you can't do it in a green jersey either. Unless I'm wrong, Fitz couldn't win against a team coached by a supposed "garbage" coach. Twice. Sorry, not going to crown him the savior, like most of the homers make him out to be. 

I just object to the narrative that if not Fitz there are only 2 alternatives for better or for worse, that have been thrown my way all season long: Geno/Sanchez types and Rodgers/Brady. I just don't subscribe to that idea that if not him the alternative is Geno forevermore, until Aaron Rodgers comes along. There's plenty of wiggle room in between that black & white way of looking at him.

But that "wiggle room" requires that those who want to let Fitz walk for any reason other than wanting too much money provide an option for us.  With Drew Brees likely returning to New Orleans, I just don't see the options out there.  It's not black/white thinking, it's pragmatism.  Going into mid-March with only Petty and Geno on the roster doesn't leave us any of that "wiggle room".  It means we start Geno, Petty, a rookie, or a terrible free agent.  None of those choices are better than Fitzpatrick.

Archived