Maccagnan On WFAN @ 4:30

KRL

Mac is a real football guy.  How refreshing!  I'm like 70-75% sold that he'll handle the cap/FA thing well.  The draft too for that matter.  I'm hoping that D. Smith works out for the secondary reason that else he'd be Mac's first big misstep, and I'm rooting for him.     

Thanks KRL.

Speed at LB.

He likes QE. Wants him to improve. Mentioned that he made big catches this season.

The book is open on Geno. He is under contract though.

Player development is huge for this program. Pryor was a prime example. Understood Miles was a young replacement at S.

mentioned ST.

grow and develop young players

Drafting a QB

From what i heard on 98.7 was they want fitz back, geno is still under contract and looking to see how he develops in training camp, and excited to see a "big" offseason for petty. Didnt hear much about drafting a qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

said he learned from Ron Wolf to draft a QB every year

If we're drafting a QB then I hope we trade up and get the top ranked QB, realizing it will cost a lot.

I hope we draft a QB, but certainly not pay the price to trade up for one.   IMO there just isn't any QB in this draft worth giving the draft up for.

They'll be several in the 2nd and later that are very interesting.  Just don't think there is all that much dramatic separation in potential talent from the early first round guys.   

I believe in Macc right now.  For once we have a football scout as GM.  Not a book keeper.    If there's any talent in this weak QB draft I have faith that Macc will find it.

I hope we draft a QB, but certainly not pay the price to trade up for one.   IMO there just isn't any QB in this draft worth giving the draft up for.

They'll be several in the 2nd and later that are very interesting.  Just don't think there is all that much dramatic separation in potential talent from the early first round guys.   

I believe in Macc right now.  For once we have a football scout as GM.  Not a book keeper.    If there's any talent in this weak QB draft I have faith that Macc will find it.

And there are maybe two teams that could use a QB ahead of us.  Given there really aren't any cant miss type QBs in the draft we should have one of the "top" guys sitting at 20.  After Goff who goes?  Lynch, Wentz, Cook? Two of those three should be there in the 1st.  

Pleasant listen. what makes MacCags TRULY AMAZING is how he castrated the Jets Hater Fat Mike and now we have a pleasant, although still mouth breathing, Sports Radio Host cordially CONVERSING to a member of the Jets Organization without a HINT of antagonism like years past. Sincere, knowledgeable Football talk. REFRESHING!:)

PS - Very glad to see MacCags sees the Value in what Qunicy brings despite ALL THE HATERS who dumped on the pick back in 2014. I still believe Enunwa may end up as historically one of our BETTER role players w/a niche picked in the 6th round since Richie Anderson WAAAAY BACK in 1993. You knew it would take him a few years to "get it," but ChanChan knew how to utilize him best; I always saw him listed at 225, not the 245 lbs. MacCags claims him to be!!?!?!?:blink:   #81 is Solid Granite.

Pleasant listen. what makes MacCags TRULY AMAZING is how he castrated the Jets Hater Fat Mike and now we have a pleasant, although still mouth breathing, Sports Radio Host cordially CONVERSING to a member of the Jets Organization without a HINT of antagonism like years past. Sincere, knowledgeable Football talk. REFRESHING!:)

PS - Very glad to see MacCags sees the Value in what Qunicy brings despite ALL THE HATERS who dumped on the pick back in 2014. I still believe Enunwa may end up as historically one of our BETTER role players w/a niche picked in the 6th round since Richie Anderson WAAAAY BACK in 1993. You knew it would take him a few years to "get it," but ChanChan knew how to utilize him best; I always saw him listed at 225, not the 245 lbs. MacCags claims him to be!!?!?!?:blink:   #81 is Solid Granite.

Richie Anderson is one of my all time faves. Player development was a term used often by Macc. Sounds like a culture of "The Jets Way" is being created. This FO and CS may have some longevity.

!

PS - Very glad to see MacCags sees the Value in what Qunicy brings despite ALL THE HATERS who dumped on the pick back in 2014. I still believe Enunwa may end up as historically one of our BETTER role players w/a niche picked in the 6th round since Richie Anderson WAAAAY BACK in 1993. You knew it would take him a few years to "get it," but ChanChan knew how to utilize him best; .

Jurys still out, had some AWFUL drops

The QB I really would like is Christian Hackenberg who I  won't have to spend a 1st round pick on which will allow me the time he needs to sit, forget and learn .

If not, I would prefer to just wait and take a flier on someone like Jacoby Brissett  from NC State a kid who threw almost 200 passes in college football in a pro style scheme without 1 interception.  

Mac was also on 98.7. Sounded like they are definitely looking for a change at the tight end position. 

Well, getting ANY tight end would represent a change. We won 10 games this year without a TE, which is a position that most teams have at their disposal now as a major weapon.

The QB I really would like is Christian Hackenberg who I  won't have to spend a 1st round pick on which will allow me the time he needs to sit, forget and learn .

If not, I would prefer to just wait and take a flier on someone like Jacoby Brissett  from NC State a kid who threw almost 200 passes in college football in a pro style scheme without 1 interception.  

He has not looked good since O'Brien left. Big kid, strong arm but I'm not sold on him as a starting NFL qb.

Is that heavy mouth breathing sound in the background, while MacCags speaks, Fatcessa?

I don't hear it when Fatcessa talks, only when MacCags does. Yes. it definitely is. :lol:

The mouth breathing is Francessa, he always does that. His body is rotting from the inside due to the combination of hatred and diet coke.

Jurys still out, had some AWFUL drops

The SAME can be said about Decker & Marshall who are 6 and 9 year veterans, respectively. If you're going to chide Enunwa in his 2nd year for drops, then what do you have in store for our starters? Marshall's drop, alone, cost us the 1st Pats game. 

The Jury is out every game - what have you done for me lately NFL mentality?

The SAME can be said about Decker & Marshall who are 6 and 9 year veterans, respectively. If you're going to chide Enunwa in his 2nd year for drops, then what do you have in store for our starters? Marshall's drop, alone, cost us the 1st Pats game. 

He's not a true TE.  His drops are way worse than Marshall's and Decker's.  The ******* guy dropped an easy inside screen where he could have walked for a first down against the Bills. Decker and Marshall are forced the ball when Fitzpatrick has nowhere to go, Enunwa only sees passes where he is wide open.  That is the bullsh*t :"eye test"  Now for the numbers.  Marshall had 10 drops in 173 targets and caught 63%.  Decker had 4 drops in 132 targets and caught 60%.  Enunwa had 5 drops in 46 targets and caught 47%.  You don't see that as significant? 

I am quite sure that the team will be harping on cutting down the drops for everybody during the offseason, but Enunwa had more than his fair share.  Literally no one person dumped on this pick in 2014.  It was Saunders that rightfully drew our wrath.  Enunwa was an excellent role player this year and has done exactly what was asked of him.  If he's already up to 245, maybe he is doing what we had hoped Cumberland would.  Physically he is fine.  The main issue is that this kid did not perform well enough to hand him a job.  They have to try to coach up Amaro and bring in some other bodies to compete and I am not talking about the undead like Kellen Davis.  Actual live bodies.

Sure those guys had drops as well but they also are obviously our main targets so percentage wise their drops are at a low rate...The percentage of drops with Q is very high. At times he looked like another Clyde Gates. WRs that can't catch don't last long in the NFL. I hope he becomes another Antoine Bolden, thats who he reminds me of...but the jury is still out with those suspect hands.

He has not looked good since O'Brien left. Big kid, strong arm but I'm not sold on him as a starting NFL qb.

Neither am I, but what I am looking for this kid has .  He has the arm, he's mobile enough. he's big and strong and stands that way in the pocket .  He won't be forced into action to quickly because he has tons to forget and even more to learn. He's young and with Fitzpatrick Geno and Petty ahead of him, he will have the time to do all the above . 

I look at this kid and I see a Northern  Eli Manning with better athleticism .

He's not a true TE.  His drops are way worse than Marshall's and Decker's.  The ******* guy dropped an easy inside screen where he could have walked for a first down against the Bills. Decker and Marshall are forced the ball when Fitzpatrick has nowhere to go, Enunwa only sees passes where he is wide open.  That is the bullsh*t :"eye test"  Now for the numbers.  Marshall had 10 drops in 173 targets and caught 63%.  Decker had 4 drops in 132 targets and caught 60%.  Enunwa had 5 drops in 46 targets and caught 47%.  You don't see that as significant? 

I am quite sure that the team will be harping on cutting down the drops for everybody during the offseason, but Enunwa had more than his fair share.  Literally no one person dumped on this pick in 2014.  It was Saunders that rightfully drew our wrath.  Enunwa was an excellent role player this year and has done exactly what was asked of him.  If he's already up to 245, maybe he is doing what we had hoped Cumberland would.  Physically he is fine.  The main issue is that this kid did not perform well enough to hand him a job.  They have to try to coach up Amaro and bring in some other bodies to compete and I am not talking about the undead like Kellen Davis.  Actual live bodies.

Thank You

I'm a huge Penn state and started a thread awhile back on a different Jets board about Hackenberg being the next "Big ben." I watch all of his games and he has regressed. I am not sure if it's just a talent regression or if it was the new system after O'Brien left or the lack of talent/depth on the Oline due to the lack of scholarships. Either way, he has gone from projected #1 type pick to a 2nd round grade. 

If he is available in the 3rd  it would be a great value pick and the type of QB we should be targeting in the draft. I am not sure this team has the luxury of "wasting" draft picks on project QBs in the 1st/2nd rounds. This draft doesn't have an "Andrew Luck" (although Goff may be a top 5 pick) but it has a ton of solid talent in guys like Lynch, Wentz, Hackenberg, Cook, Jones, Doughty, Hogan and Prescott. I don't really see much difference between those 6 or 7  guys from what I saw in college (although I never saw Wentz play, just going on scouting reports). 

He's not a true TE.  

NEVER Said he WAS a TE, where was that ever stated?!?!?

,Enunwa only sees passes where he is wide open.  That is the bullsh*t :"eye test"  Now for the numbers.  Marshall had 10 drops in 173 targets and caught 63%.  Decker had 4 drops in 132 targets and caught 60%.  Enunwa had 5 drops in 46 targets and caught 47%.  You don't see that as significant? 

No, that's what I would reasonably EXPECT out of a 2nd year 6th round draft pick who is still developing & was noted as a project when drafted. That's why you SHOULD NOTICE I stated that it would take him a few years to "get it." For a #4 WR/H-Back, he is more than adequate considering the backstory IMO. 

He wasn't HANDED ANYTHING?!?!?!? Injuries and Kerley/Smith/Cumby not being (or better phrased, not PLAYING TO) what the CS wanted is WHY he got so much playing time. Don't get your panties in a bunch regarding a 6th round WR who WAS bashed by many forum posters because "he was TOO SLOW, mediocre hands, no quickness, etc." and the fact that Idzy waited until so late in the draft to FINALLY start selecting WRs. 

So yeah, regarding all the write-ups he's coming along, DROPS INCLUDED, as I expected for a 6th rounder who will take some time to polish his game. :rolleyes:

Sure those guys had drops as well but they also are obviously our main targets so percentage wise their drops are at a low rate...The percentage of drops with Q is very high. At times he looked like another Clyde Gates. WRs that can't catch don't last long in the NFL. I hope he becomes another Antoine Bolden, thats who he reminds me of...but the jury is still out with those suspect hands.

HE was a 6th round pick which, according to most of the scouting reports I recall reading, STATED he would take a few years to polish his game, ESPECIALLY working on his hands & routes. And he was the 2nd most blasted WR criticized for questionable HANDS AFTER Shaq Evans. 

HE was a 6th round pick which, according to most of the scouting reports I recall reading, STATED he would take a few years to polish his game, ESPECIALLY working on his hands & routes. And he was the 2nd most blasted WR criticized for questionable HANDS AFTER Shaq Evans. 

I hope he turns out, I like him...

I hope he turns out, I like him...

SAME HERE. 

But people have to have REASONABLE expectations regarding the production yielded by a guy selected in the 6th round of a WR RICH draft in 2014. 

Not EVERYONE is Marquis Colston or Stephan Diggs ( who I had hoped the Jets would take with a 4th round pick last year).

NEVER Said he WAS a TE, where was that ever stated?!?!?

No, that's what I would reasonably EXPECT out of a 2nd year 6th round draft pick who is still developing & was noted as a project when drafted. That's why you SHOULD NOTICE I stated that it would take him a few years to "get it." For a #4 WR/H-Back, he is more than adequate considering the backstory IMO. 

He wasn't HANDED ANYTHING?!?!?!? Injuries and Kerley/Smith/Cumby not being what the CS wanted is WHY he got so much playing time. Don't get your panties in a bunch regarding a 6th round WR who WAS bashed by many forum posters because "he was TOO SLOW, mediocre hands, no quickness, etc." and the fact that Idzy waited until so late in the draft to FINALLY start selecting WRs. 

So yeah, regarding all the write-ups he's coming along, DROPS INCLUDED, as I expected for a 6th rounder who will take some time to polish his game. :rolleyes:

You are the one that is all fired up.  Nobody ever bashed him except for his domestic violence issues and in game drops and those guys go back and forth on players every play.  Kenbrell Thompkins we have found our #3!  Kenbrell Thompkins better not even get on the team bus home from Buffalo, etc, etc. . 

He is far from slow.  He ran in the 4.4s at the combine IIRC, he is however, stiff with drop issues.  This is what he was in college.  Some guys can elevate past that, but drops are not like learning the offense  You don't automatically improve by being in the system.  He has already been in the system for 2 years.  I understand you like him.  I like him too, but the kid's draft position is no longer relevant.  He can either step up or he can't.

Archived