The AFC Blows

JetPotato

Isn't it obvious watching these games that the quality of play in the NFC is just much higher right now? It's pretty glaring.

That said, the whole thing is entirely predictable. As the AFC continues to be a snooze-fest, NFC teams will give us good games to watch, beat the hell out of each other, then with 2 weeks to prepare, Belicheat and his collection of scum bags will figure out a way to squeak one out against a superior opponent. I honestly don't think I will be watching the Super Bowl this year for the first time ever. It's pointless - there isn't a single thing about it that will be of interest to people who actually want to watch good football.

If only we could get some kind of viral pact going to actually impact the ratings. Unfortunately, there's too much nonsense involved - casual fans tuning in in droves for the commercials and the hoopla and the horrifically bad halftime pageant. 

Short rant over.

Isn't it obvious watching these games that the quality of play in the NFC is just much higher right now? It's pretty glaring.

That said, the whole thing is entirely predictable. As the AFC continues to be a snooze-fest, NFC teams will give us good games to watch, beat the hell out of each other, then with 2 weeks to prepare, Belicheat and his collection of scum bags will figure out a way to squeak one out against a superior opponent. I honestly don't think I will be watching the Super Bowl this year for the first time ever. It's pointless - there isn't a single thing about it that will be of interest to people who actually want to watch good football.

If only we could get some kind of viral pact going to actually impact the ratings. Unfortunately, there's too much nonsense involved - casual fans tuning in in droves for the commercials and the hoopla and the horrifically bad halftime pageant. 

Short rant over.

Seahawks Cards and Panthers will all beat Den or Cheats.  AFC is awful this yr

Pats will be favored over any team they face in Super Bowl. Top to bottom, NFC may be better, but the best team resides in the AFC. As a 37 year ticket holder it kills me to say it, but the truth sometimes does hurt. 

Totally agree.  When Brady has Gronk and Edelman on the field, they are really thought to beat.  If they get in a rhythm, the Pats can score at will.  Much as we all hate to admit it, Brady has played out of his mind this entire year.  I think they are a lock to win t all again.

Totally agree.  When Brady has Gronk and Edelman on the field, they are really thought to beat.  If they get in a rhythm, the Pats can score at will.  Much as we all hate to admit it, Brady has played out of his mind this entire year.  I think they are a lock to win t all again.

Barring injury - I think you're right.

Only chance is - somehow...Manning is fully healthy and has his zip back on his ball (I know it's a long shot - but he's had a lot of rest) If Manning can throw the ball with reasonable power - Denver can beat the Pats in Denver.

Seattle, Carolina or Arizona - will not have a chance.

the panthers are pretty good also. the cardinals do look stacked though

I like arians as well, and love how they use bucannon.  Fitzgerald is the topper, he is so clutch in big games and they way they stack him you can't jam him and take him away

we will see. i, for one, want the patriots to still be the best. it will be much more satisfying to unseat a still great dynasty rather than a fallen one

How anyone could wanot to see that boring story again is beyond me. 

There has never been, in the history of sports, a group of people,  from the owner to the coach to the players to the fan base that has been less worthy of their success.

Human garbage from top to bottom. Would be refreshing to see someone win who deserves it for a change.

I think the NFC team wins the SB by 2 TD's this year

Arizona is the best team I have seen all year

Didnt look it last night.  Carson Palmer, much like Fitz, is on or off.   That 2nd down pass play was  amatuer night when clock management was needed.  Perhaps Herm was calling plays?  Palmer threw several questionable balls.  Lucky to win last night IMO.    Fitz willed that team to victory.

Didnt look it last night.  Carson Palmer, much like Fitz, is on or off.   That 2nd down pass play was  amatuer night when clock management was needed.  Perhaps Herm was calling plays?  Palmer threw several questionable balls.  Lucky to win last night IMO.    Fitz willed that team to victory.

I watched more than the QB

Pats would smoke Seahawks, Cards or Panthers.

Super Bowl 50 will be an easy win.

LOL.  The only thing the Pats would smoke is synthetic marijuana laced with PCP, distributed regularly at Gronk's house.  I suppose you think they "smoked" the Seahawks in last year's Superbowl?  Winning on a fluke play caused by the dumbest playcall in the history of Superbowls equals very lucky, not dominant.  Absent help from the refs, a fluke play or the usual Patriots cheating, any one of those three teams will shred the Patriots defense. Patriots are not much more than "meh".

LOL.  The only thing the Pats would smoke is synthetic marijuana laced with PCP, distributed regularly at Gronk's house.  I suppose you think they "smoked" the Seahawks in last year's Superbowl?  Winning on a fluke play caused by the dumbest playcall in the history of Superbowls equals very lucky, not dominant.  Absent help from the refs, a fluke play or the usual Patriots cheating, any one of those three teams will shred the Patriots defense. Patriots are not much more than "meh".

And you said the Pats would be one and done.

How did that work out?

5th straight AFCCG leading to the Pats 5th Super Bowl title.

I don't think the foot bothered him at all yesterday.

His routes and breaks were all very crisp. Can't do that with a bad wheel.

Hopefully the dropsies were just a case of rust. That just can't happen next weekend.

Why did he need an x-ray yesterday? 

The Pats were obviously lucky yesterday in that the Chiefs dropped a couple of critical interceptions and then had a brain fart on clock management late in the game.  If Manning is any where near healthy we will be rid of this embarrassing franchise next week when they have their Waterloo in Denver.

The Pats were obviously lucky yesterday in that the Chiefs dropped a couple of critical interceptions and then had a brain fart on clock management late in the game.  If Manning is any where near healthy we will be rid of this embarrassing franchise next week when they have their Waterloo in Denver.

The Patriots weren't lucky at all they destroyed the Chiefs on all sides of the ball. 

The Patriots weren't lucky at all they destroyed the Chiefs on all sides of the ball. 

I agree. I'm shocked the Pats only won by 7. Probably because the Chiefs had some long drives that failed.

Someone said this. the Pats rarely beat themselves, so you have to play mistake free to really have a chance.

Archived