Kaep asks for permission to seek trade

AFJF

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

I don't think he is clueless, I got to SF a lot for business and talk to a lot of people about football, Harbough completely turned that franchise around, and yes, Kap was his hand picked guy, and Harbough was very disappoitned with him in 14. There were a lot of issues, but a lot of them were around Kap, even internally, because not everyone was for getting rid of Smith in their FO.

Never, ever have seen him blame Kaep.  Why on earth would you run because after going to the SB he was disappointed a year later. He was fighting publicly with ownership.  They didn't offer him an extension.  Had nothing to do with Kaep

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't think he'd cost all that much.  Too many questions floating around right now.  The contract is a one year issue, I would think it can be dealt with.

i just don't get completely writing of a 20something QB who took a his team to a CG and then won a CG and got to a SB.  How many of those have we had on the roster? 

At the end of the day, I kind of trust Mac to make the right decision, based on scouting. If he believes Kaep is worth getting, I am fine with it, if not, I am also fine with it too. None of us are scouts, and none of us are any more than fans. Our best hope is that we finally have a FO that knows what they are doing, and they do it right.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Never, ever have seen him blame Kaep.  Why on earth would you run because after going to the SB he was disappointed a year later. He was fighting publicly with ownership.  They didn't offer him an extension.  Had nothing to do with Kaep

What they say is a huge part of the reason they fought internally was over Kaep, they did not want to get rid of Smith once he showed promise, and they accepted it when it was going well, but when he regressed after the huge contract, it led to a lot of internal conflict.

At the end of the day, I kind of trust Mac to make the right decision, based on scouting. If he believes Kaep is worth getting, I am fine with it, if not, I am also fine with it too. None of us are scouts, and none of us are any more than fans. Our best hope is that we finally have a FO that knows what they are doing, and they do it right.

Agree we all want to win,thats the bottom line. 

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Have to think that way.  

4 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

So true.......

Bbig change for Jets fans.....

The problem with Kap is his cap space .http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/. Plus if you traded for him you basically have to commit the organization to a new Qb. In other words another rebuilding year. And this guy is coming off a bad year where he was replaced by another failed Qb who wasn't even that good. He couldn't beat out Blaine Gabbert. I keep Wilk or take the highest bid but only draft picks not players. btw the 49ers GM recently said they would keep Kap but if you read what he said it wasn't really keep him for the season it was keep him past April 1. I think that's the reason Kap's agent requested a trade. They don't think the org really intends to keep him around. Please Mac, don't trade for this guy.

What they say is a huge part of the reason they fought internally was over Kaep, they did not want to get rid of Smith once he showed promise, and they accepted it when it was going well, but when he regressed after the huge contract, it led to a lot of internal conflict.

Face it your friend knows Kaeps struggled and is more than likely gone.  He's pissed he lost Harbaugh and is blaming the guy who's on his way out.  And there is no guarantee they win anything had Harbaugh kept Smith as his starter. 

The thing that makes the most sense, losing players and then the HC who groomed you, ran an offense suited to you. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Face it your friend knows Kaeps struggled and is more than likely gone.  He's pissed he lost Harbaugh and is blaming the guy who's on his way out.  And there is no guarantee they win anything had Harbaugh kept Smith as his starter. 

The thing that makes the most sense, losing players and then the HC who groomed you, ran an offense suited to you. 

Why did so many 49ers players retire? Theres more to the story here. An organization in turmoil to say the least. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Certainly possible, but honestly, I kind of don't care too much about the 49ers. I don't have a very high opinion of Kaep, so I tend to believe them, but as I mentioned before, if Mac believes in him, I will too

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

This guy gets it! 

Agreed, under Gailey's tutelage, Kaep could absolutely shine.   I know Fitz had a great season last year but the end result was the same for his career; NO PLAYOFFS.  And that was with the best time he has ever played with...

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't think he'd cost all that much.  Too many questions floating around right now.  The contract is a one year issue, I would think it can be dealt with.

i just don't get completely writing of a 20something QB who took a his team to a CG and then won a CG and got to a SB.  How many of those have we had on the roster? 

You also fervently supported Geno as the future of the franchise so your confusion is unsurprising.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Kaep would give us the best QB option we have had in many many years he's a contender not a pretender, 

Remember Ronnie Brown running the wildcat in 2008? That's what Kaep was in 2012: A gimmick that was figured out quickly. 

4 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

You also fervently supported Geno as the future of the franchise so your confusion is unsurprising.

No, I'm always confused by how many don't know the difference between wanting to see someone play with an actual WR group worth having and fervently supporting someone as the future of this franchise.  You go knock yourself out and find that post.  

You would think it wouldn't be that hard.  That all the asswipes who then talk as if every player they thought should play became pro ball players.  Becuase we all know you never miss when it comes to evaluating players.  

Why the most clueless shoot their mouth off the most is confusing too. 

4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Agreed, under Gailey's tutelage, Kaep could absolutely shine.   I know Fitz had a great season last year but the end result was the same for his career; NO PLAYOFFS.  And that was with the best time he has ever played with...

Gailey almost had Fitz  in the playoffs if it werent for the 3 INTS in a row,imagine what he would turn Kaep into to, 

5 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Remember Ronnie Brown running the wildcat in 2008? That's what Kaep was in 2012: A gimmick that was figured out quickly. 

How quickly?  He put up similar enough numbers in 2013.  While losing most of his WRs to injury.

he sucked under Tomossulo, who ran a completely different offense, refused to run the offense that Harbaugh did.  No one figured anything out

All of those 3 picks were in the 4th quarter (and two in the last 2 minutes) because they were playing from behind. Not that it was a good effort by Fitz but in that kind of a situation there are percentage wise more interceptions. But Fitz did put us in a position to win the game despite a below average performance and a bad 4th quarter. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Gailey almost had Fitz  in the playoffs if it werent for the 3 INTS in a row,imagine what he would turn Kaep into to, 

I agree.  While his stats may or may not be as good; he provides that X factor and is true threat with his arm or his legs.  He also would make Devin Smith a real threat because he could get the ball to him deep. 

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Yeah, it only took 29 games and a SB run before Kaepernick's simple gimmick of both running and strong passing was had. Exactly the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

All of those 3 picks were in the 4th quarter (and two in the last 2 minutes) because they were playing from behind. Not that it was a good effort by Fitz but in that kind of a situation there are percentage wise more interceptions. But Fitz did put us in a position to win the game despite a below average performance and a bad 4th quarter. 

And there in lies the problem with Fitz. He is great with a lead but if he falls behind, he really stuggles because defenses know he can't beat them deep.   He had a great season last year and if he is resigned I will again root for him, but if we have a chance to get a talent like Kaep, I think we need to seriously explore it. 

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

And there in lies the problem with Fitz. He is great with a lead but if he falls behind, he really stuggles because defenses know he can't be them deep.   He had a great season last year and if he is resigned I will again root for him, but if we have a chance to get a talent like Kaep, I think we need to seriously explore it. 

I agree his weak arm is the reason he has never made the playoffs. 

I disagree. It was one game and with a great impact play we might have won it. Good Qbs are dependent on their playmakers making plays when it counts. And the Bills D is pretty good. Rex imo did not get a great effort out of that team. Talent wise they were expected to be better than the Jets even with an inexperienced Qb starting. Actually he was not bad. And what you're looking for in a Qb is not available on the open market. There are no elite franchise Qbs available. Maybe Bradford and he's as flawed as the rest of them. 

9 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Yeah, it only took 29 games and a SB run before Kaepernick's simple gimmick of both running and strong passing was had. Exactly the same thing.

And what's he done since he was figured out, and the foundation of their defense imploded? I'll wait for the answer. 

4 minutes ago, rillo said:

We just watched a super bowl with a QB that couldn't throw worth sh*t. Give me a legit running game, a defense that can tackle and get to the QB and Fitz can win. 

yea well... we're not even close to a decent running game and an elite defense and by the time we get there Fitzgravy will be around 60 years old.

Archived