Kaep asks for permission to seek trade

AFJF

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things in San Francisco might ne more toxic than anyone imagined. 

Profootballtalk.com passes along an "intriguing rumor" from the Combine that ex-49ers DE Justin Smith wants to come out of retirement, but does not want to play for San Francisco.

The situation in San Francisco has become extremely toxic under tyrannical GM Trent Baalke. Smith wants no part of it, per the rumor, but is interested in playing football again. As PFT's Mike Florio notes, the 49ers still control Smith's rights on the reserve/retired list. Florio also concludes that Smith's return to the NFL is "unlikely." Smith turns 37 next September.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Things in San Francisco might ne more toxic than anyone imagined. 

Profootballtalk.com passes along an "intriguing rumor" from the Combine that ex-49ers DE Justin Smith wants to come out of retirement, but does not want to play for San Francisco.

The situation in San Francisco has become extremely toxic under tyrannical GM Trent Baalke. Smith wants no part of it, per the rumor, but is interested in playing football again. As PFT's Mike Florio notes, the 49ers still control Smith's rights on the reserve/retired list. Florio also concludes that Smith's return to the NFL is "unlikely." Smith turns 37 next September.

That GM is an idiot.... But Smith has some set of balls after the sh*t he has pulled.

15 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

You can't be serious with that comment?

The reason Winston and Mariotta went #1 and #2 in the draft is because they went to the 2 WORST teams in the NFL.

Both started from day one and played exceptionally well for rookie QB's in the NFL. Did you expect them to contend for the Super Bowl just because they were the first 2 draft picks?

Let me ask you, what teams have a brighter future at QB? The Bucs, Titans or Jets?

What a great post, I'm tired of these idiots calling people trolls whom state facts

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

What are you talking about? For $8 million, SF will cut Kaep

New HC, new program, new QB.

Again, we scream we want competition

We scream we need a QB

We scream we want to look under every rock to find players, look everywhere

But we don't want to even consider a QB who took his team to a SB and is under 30 because hes making QB money

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We scream we need a QB

But we don't want to even consider a QB who took his team to a SB and is under 30 because hes making QB money

It's not just the QB money Kaepernick has to be viewed as a reclamation project and how many of these type have panned out? For me it's a risk not worth taking at his price tag. We are not talking about a player coming off a physical injuries but one with a questionable mental makeup and leadership issues at this point.

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We scream we need a QB

I agree with this 100%

In fact the Jets could get me as QB for one million dollars but I would suck!  ☺️☺️☺️

Cost isn't the key but quality and potential production are...

Jets fans are are odd sometimes we act as if an all time great QB is just going to walk through the door.

Well guess what as your post implies if we want a great QB we may have to take a risk or two.  

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We scream we need a QB

What I said is no one will trade for him, because unless Kelly falls in love with him he will be released. If he is released, and the Jets think they can actually coach him and develop his pocket skills and touch you look at him. Trading a high pick for him? Would not be something I would think we could consider. 

41 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I think you better IP check colgateman, pretty clear its Troll boy Tx

Again, why do you guys call everyone who states facts trolls? Your inability to see the truth is saddening.

i should be calling the idiots who think that fitztragic is better than kaepernick trolls, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

You got me, I really am Tx, and I have no self worth when I can not tell Jet fans how superior of a human being I am to them because of my Patriots fandom. So please in-ignore my PatsFanTx account so I can regain some self worth.

Come on now Tx, I am sure there are some things in life you must be pretty good at? You don't have to rely solely on Brady to feel good about yourself do you?

21 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Is anyone considering that you are screaming to trade top talent for the BACKUP QB from a 5-11 team?  Not even the starter?

I would hate to see what you cats would give up for Gabbert, the starter.

Lolz

the terrible 49er team that was holding back Kaepernick's greatness actually looked better with Gabbert under Center

2 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Come on now Tx, I am sure there are some things in life you must be pretty good at? You don't have to rely solely on Brady to feel good about yourself do you?

He'll wash Cousins's balls until this time next year after he crashes to earth and the Redskins are looking for another qb.

how do you not put up stats when the Giants are using Landon friggin Collins, a guy who couldn't cover me, as an every down free safety?

4 hours ago, drdetroit said:

He'll wash Cousins's balls until this time next year after he crashes to earth and the Redskins are looking for another qb.

how do you not put up stats when the Giants are using Landon friggin Collins, a guy who couldn't cover me, as an every down free safety?

How did fitztragic not light up the Eagles secondary, bills secondary, or the Texans secondary? 

Fitz threw a combined 8 picks and 3 game losing ones against the teams that Captain Kirk cousins lit up.

again, stay delusional 

7 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Thanks for proving what I said, just because I don't think fitztragic is a half decent qb doesn't mean I'm a troll or using two accounts, stay delusional.

all I did was state facts and you tried to call me a troll because you have no response to them, please go masturbate to your fitzmagic poster, maybe you and drdetriot can do it together?

33 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

Thanks for proving what I said, just because I don't think fitztragic is a half decent qb doesn't mean I'm a troll or using two accounts, stay delusional.

all I did was state facts and you tried to call me a troll because you have no response to them, please go masturbate to your fitzmagic poster, maybe you and drdetriot can do it together?

If I'm going to masturbate, it will be to a hot chic , not a QB. Tx, just cause u stroke out to Brady don't mean we all roll like dat, k Tx? I already ran your IP, bam, exposed.

8 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

If I'm going to masturbate, it will be to a hot chic , not a QB. Tx, just cause u stroke out to Brady don't mean we all roll like dat, k Tx? I already ran your IP, bam, exposed.

K so if you ran my up you would know I am not using two accounts 

16 hours ago, Colgateman said:

How did fitztragic not light up the Eagles secondary, bills secondary, or the Texans secondary? 

Fitz threw a combined 8 picks and 3 game losing ones against the teams that Captain Kirk cousins lit up.

again, stay delusional 

Wow he beat the Eagles.  You have a very strange way of evaluating the qb position.

16 hours ago, Colgateman said:

You are going to go in hiding next season when Cousins comes crashing back down to earth with a mediocre season facing a tougher schedule.  The Giants have $50 mil in cap room and are investing heavily in their defense and moving cement shoes Landon Collins to his real position which is Linebacker and the Cowboys are going to get a real qb to backup Romo.

The Party is over.

On February 27, 2016 at 0:16 PM, Bocajetfan said:

It's not just the QB money Kaepernick has to be viewed as a reclamation project and how many of these type have panned out? For me it's a risk not worth taking at his price tag. We are not talking about a player coming off a physical injuries but one with a questionable mental makeup and leadership issues at this point.

How many SB QBs are put through what hes gone through and dumped after a season and change?

You have no proof that he would be coming back because of questionable mental makeup and leadership issues.  Funny, wearing his headphones, a problem, wasnt a problem when the led the team to the NFCCG.  Wasnt an issue when he took them to the SB.  Was an issue 2 years later when Tommosulo jerked him around.  

But all pointless, obviously it would only happen if the CS and FO wanted him.  I would assume we dont think they'd go and get the player youre describing.  This whole debate is based on none of this being true

On February 27, 2016 at 0:33 PM, johnnysd said:

What I said is no one will trade for him, because unless Kelly falls in love with him he will be released. If he is released, and the Jets think they can actually coach him and develop his pocket skills and touch you look at him. Trading a high pick for him? Would not be something I would think we could consider. 

And where did I say give up anything for him?

Unless its a 7th pick, to ensure you get him if you want him, not bid against someone else, why would you?

On February 27, 2016 at 0:16 PM, Bocajetfan said:

What's the alternative?  Pay a 33 year old QB similar money - who has never even been to the playoffs.  Or a 28 year old that's taken his team to a Super Bowl

That's the argument going on here and it's crazy.  If there's a shot at Kaep we should jump at.  

I'm not saying he's a lock to find his old form or even that's there's a good chance - but at least there's a chance.  

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What's the alternative?  Pay a 33 year old QB similar money - who has never even been to the playoffs.  Or a 28 year old that's taken his team to a Super Bowl

That's the argument going on here and it's crazy.  If there's a shot at Kaep we should jump at.  

I'm not saying he's a lock to find his old form or even that's there's a good chance - but at least there's a chance.  

I have no problem with people being for or against QB's for any of a number of reasons but I've really started to hate the old 'this guy took his team to here or this guy never won a playoff game'  There is so much more that goes into QB fit, ability etc,  it's like the age old reason that Sanchez was 'great' becasue he 'took' us to two afc title games.

Archived