Kaep asks for permission to seek trade

AFJF

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I hear what you are saying but to be fair Kap, took his team one game away from a SB championship.  

While Geno hasn't had a winning season yet and had his jaw broken by his own teammate.

Think on this players on 49ers say Kap has issues, doesn't prepare properly and hasn't grown yet no one has threatened his physical person.  That tells you a lot   

So there is a big difference between the two IMO.   

To be fair, Alex Smith the year before had that team 2 dropped punts away from a SB, had a great record that same year.

The fact that none of his teammates have broken any of his bones yet isn't a ringing endorsement.

9 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

The 49ers made it to the super bowl because of kap......the jets made it to the championship game in spite of Mark.

more importantly we gave Sanchez more than enough chances kap had one bad season.

What was the 49ers record that year with Alex Smith?   How close were they to making the SB the year before?  2 dropped punts.  Kap did not make that team, the O Line and D made that team.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitz is a mediocre journeyman QB who has never made the playoffs. 

Woody wants a Super Bowl Kap gives us a much better chance. 

Just my opinion but I see Kap as a head case and not worth the commitment. Would rather see Fitz short term giving Petty, Geno or an unknown the opportunity to develop long term.

21 minutes ago, chirorob said:

To be fair, Alex Smith the year before had that team 2 dropped punts away from a SB, had a great record that same year.

The fact that none of his teammates have broken any of his bones yet isn't a ringing endorsement.

Your points are all excellent ones, however my post was in response to the notion that Geno had or has accomplished what Kap has when he hasn't!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone to even suggest that Geno has ever been considered, while in the NFL, a top ten QB they are lying to themselves and I say this as one who said that Geno wasn't given a fair chance because of the paucity of talent then on the team when he was the Jets QB. 

But my defense of Geno in that situation doesn't blind me to the obvious, that Kap has been a far better QB than Geno so far and it hasn't been close...

IMO Kap has a lot of problems as many in this thread have pointed out; if the Jets get Kap they get him as a project and not the starter and then that he gets paid as a project accordingly... 

9 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Just my opinion but I see Kap as a head case and not worth the commitment. Would rather see Fitz short term giving Petty, Geno or an unknown the opportunity to develop long term.

The Jets have waited long enough to get a franchise QB Kap is that guy Geno wont be given a chance here and Petty they say isn't ready, 

One more thing to all those who say Geno was just or is just as good as Kap please see the following link AND STOP IT!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000125585/Colin-Kaepernick-highlights

Or as his teammate Alex Boone said after that game:

"Unbelievable, right?"  "He's a great player, a great leader, and he's so tough. Especially in this weather, in somebody else's stadium, against a team that wants to beat you so badly -- it's hard to get going, and he made it happen"

Please show me a practice game where some said that about Smith in a practice game...

And for one wanted Geno to succeed!

Come on guys maybe Kap shouldn't be on the Jets at this time but to say he hasn't been a more impactful player then Geno Smith is preposterous!!!

19 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Your points are all excellent ones, however my post was in response to the notion that Geno had or has accomplished what Kap has when he hasn't!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone to even suggest that Geno has ever been considered, while in the NFL, a top ten QB they are lying to themselves and I say this as one who said that Geno wasn't given a fair chance because of the paucity of talent then on the team when he was the Jets QB. 

But my defense of Geno in that situation doesn't blind me to the obvious, that Kap has been a far better QB than Geno so far and it hasn't been close...

IMO Kap has a lot of problems as many in this thread have pointed out; if the Jets get Kap they get him as a project and not the starter and then that he gets paid as a project accordingly... 

I agree.  Kap >>>>>>>> Geno.   He has done way more.  Geno is almost like a rookie, no one really knows much about him, other than he doesn't inspire his teammates.  Geno has never been a top 28 QB. 

1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

A lot of fans rip Sanchez for the same things that happened with Kap. Both had early successful playoff runs, Kap at this point is not worthy of being worth a first round value maybe a 4th.

Mark Sanchez dreams of having the two seasons Kaepernick had in 2012 and 2013.

I'd go with a conditional 4th that can go as high as a second.

28 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

No he doesn't. 

I was happy with Fitzpatrick last year (ate a tonnnnnnnn of crow), but he absolutely gives a better shot.  If Gailey could make Fitz a 30+ TD passer, he would light the league up with Kaepernick. 

8 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

? Where are they now, answer both back-ups at best competing for a starting role with tons of questions about their ability.

One couldn't beat out Sam Bradford and when he played this year because of the inevitable Sam injury, he fell flat on his face. The other had one of the worst coaches in football, an egotistical FO that embarrassed themselves, and his entire team essentially get traded/cut/retire/etc. In one off-season.

C'mon man, did anyone think Kaepernick and the Niners would be able to pull a miracle out of their asses last year???  Their top WR was Anquan Boldin.  This was inevitable the second they drove Harbaugh out of the facilities.

I'd be willing to take a gamble on Kaepernick with Gailey still on staff and calling the shots. 

That said, Kaepernick is NOT worth Mo Wilkerson and ANY IDIOT STATING THAT Mo should be exchanged for Kapernick is ridiculously dense. 

I would accept trading a 4th rounder this year and a 5th in 2017 that could improve to a 3rd if he starts more than 10 games.

HELL! we got a HOF QB in 2008 for a 5th & a 3rd rounder which only netted us a 9-7 record and STILL left us out of the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

One couldn't beat out Sam Bradford and when he played this year because of the inevitable Sam injury, he fell flat on his face. The other had one of the worst coaches in football, an egotistical FO that embarrassed themselves, and his entire team essentially get traded/cut/retired/etc. In one off-season.  C'mon man, did anyone think Kaepernick and the Niners would be able to pull a miracle out of their asses last year???  Their top WR was Anquan Boldin.

Last years 49ers was a mirror image of the Jets in Marks last season. Sorry just can't see a defense of how Kap can turn things around.

While I would not completely agree with Gato in trading Mo for him, we are talking about a QB who two years ago almost took his team to the SB.  He is 29 years old, which is heading into his prime for a QB.  We also have Gailey, who takes what he has and creates an offense around it.  He can throw the ball, and has two solid receivers to catch it.  You pair that with his threat to run, and give him a solid running game, I see no reason why he could not succeed here.  Remember, Fitzpatrick has been a prototypical JAG except for his years under Gailey...

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I have to hope you're trolling here.

Giving up Wilk for Kaep implies you think Kaep is worth at least a 1st rounder in this years draft. Which, to me, is laughable.

Nobody gives up a 1st rounder for a backup level QB. 

BTW: Just as a heads up - just because Wilkerson should fetch a first, at minimum, in a trade does not mean he is exactly the same in a trade as a first round pick. Basically my point was that if they gave up Wilkerson at all, it's for a young, long term QB option like Kaepernick. If it doesn't cost Wilkerson or a first to land him  or some other young starting QB, all the better.

This team isn't going anywhere without a QB, no team is. A 29 year old with two top 10 passer seasons under his belt by 27 with a deep playoff run (culminating in a SB win) is easily the best short and long term QB available this offseason unless you're completely sold on one of the draft guys or, for whatever reason, Bryce Petty.

So far the reasons I'm seeing to not even be interested in this thread are that he was bad recently, the usual money whines, and some nonsensical message board speculation of his mental health based on stuff and things. All that stuff seems workable enough for me, the payoff in landing a QB is too massive for this dipsh*t franchise to be out immediately.

This talk about his cap number is nonsense.  Granted, his number is worth 416 million next year, but like our situation with D'Brick, he could be cut in 2017 with a fairly hefty dead money price in 2017, but can be cut in 2018 with virtually no issue.  This contract is PERFECT regarding a QB.

36 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

BTW: Just as a heads up - just because Wilkerson should fetch a first, at minimum, in a trade does not mean he is exactly the same in a trade as a first round pick. Basically my point was that if they gave up Wilkerson at all, it's for a young, long term QB option like Kaepernick. If it doesn't cost Wilkerson or a first to land him  or some other young starting QB, all the better.

This team isn't going anywhere without a QB, no team is. A 29 year old with two top 10 passer seasons under his belt by 27 with a deep playoff run (culminating in a SB win) is easily the best short and long term QB available this offseason unless you're completely sold on one of the draft guys or, for whatever reason, Bryce Petty.

So far the reasons I'm seeing to not even be interested in this thread are that he was bad recently, the usual money whines, and some nonsensical message board speculation of his mental health based on stuff and things. All that stuff seems workable enough for me, the payoff in landing a QB is too massive for this dipsh*t franchise to be out immediately.

I thought you were joking about the Wilkerson thing, and now I'm left wondering how I could possibly have been so naive.

2 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Last years 49ers was a mirror image of the Jets in Marks last season. Sorry just can't see a defense of how Kap can turn things around.

I can, for the reasons that @Mogglez listed.  There were a lot of reasons for Kaep's struggles, most out of his control.  Start with a moron of a HC who scrapped the offense that suited Kaep and trying to make Kaep change his game to fit his system.  

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Thread is dumb. No team is trading for Kap.and his current contract. Even in a competitive situation his market value  will be less than his current contract

You pretty much dont understand his cap situation with this post

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I thought you were joking about the Wilkerson thing, and now I'm left wondering how I could possibly have been so naive.

I was serious in the sense that Wilkerson should land a QB? I just didn't get how he equated Wilkerson with a - in this case the Jets'  - first round pick there, they're not one and the same. I'd trade the 20th pick for Kaepernick way before actually trading Wilkerson for him and Kaepernick probably doesn't brng either of those prices.

I hope we are not the team stupid enough to trade for a "dual threat" QB who wants to leave a team where he has one of the few HCs in the NFL who would be willing to use him right. (I put "dual threat" in quotations because I really don't think many teams fear his arm and decision making skills)

5 hours ago, SenorGato said:

I was serious in the sense that Wilkerson should land a QB? I just didn't get how he equated Wilkerson with a - in this case the Jets'  - first round pick there, they're not one and the same. I'd trade the 20th pick for Kaepernick way before actually trading Wilkerson for him and Kaepernick probably doesn't brng either of those prices.

We couldn't trade Wilkerson at this point for a few reasons. 1) we need him with Richardson pending suspension. 2) his contract is up so if we hit him with the franchise tag someone would have to trade 2 first round picks to us to get him (likely wont happen).

The value that Kap would have had is also going to be decreased simply due to the fact that now every team in the NFL is aware that he doesn't want to play for the 49ers. In reality his value right now is probably at most a 5th round pick which is defiantly not worth giving up a good and proven player for.

We couldn't trade Wilkerson at this point for a few reasons. 1) we need him with Richardson pending suspension. 2) his contract is up so if we hit him with the franchise tag someone would have to trade 2 first round picks to us to get him (likely wont happen).

The value that Kap would have had is also going to be decreased simply due to the fact that now every team in the NFL is aware that he doesn't want to play for the 49ers. In reality his value right now is probably at most a 5th round pick which is defiantly not worth giving up a good and proven player for.

Kap's value is a 5th round draft pick?

You guys are funny.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Kap's value is a 5th round draft pick?

You guys are funny.

Go ahead and quote me on it if he gets traded a 5th round pick maybe a conditional pick where it can upgrade to a 4th will be the most the 49ers get for him. Honestly the only way I could see Kap worth taking a risk on is if he were willing to switch to RB.

Archived