" Free agents who will be paid too much ".. yup, Fitz is one of them ~ ~ ~

kelly

Free agency is just around the corner. We've already broken down our Top 99 free agents, now it's time to start predicting the madness. Up first: free agents who will be paid too much.

~ ~  Ryan Fitzpatrick, quarterback

Ryan Fitzpatrick had one hell of a season last year after being reunited with former head coach and offensive coordinator Chan Gailey. The Jets can try to play hardball, offering Fitzpatrick a chance to hit the market and see what his true value is, but both sides know that, statistically, Fitzpatrick will likely not have a better season elsewhere in 2016. The Jets are the perfect fit. So what happens next? TheJets need Fitzpatrick badly. He is the bridge to Bryce Petty, or whichever quarterback comes next, and he had one of the most prolific quarterbacking seasons in team history last year. One best guess at the combine was a two- or three-year deal in the neighborhood of $20-32 million, with a decent chunk of it guaranteed. Is that too much for one of the best seasons the team has ever gotten out of a quarterback? You decide. -- Conor Orr

rest of above article : 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640404/article/free-agents-who-will-be-paid-too-much

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Totally agreed and I am in favor of keeping him as the starter.

That article isn't that off.   3 year, 28-32.   First 2 years guaranteed?   That's not really over paying for a starting QB.  That's what they get.

Just now, chirorob said:

That article isn't that off.   3 year, 28-32.   First 2 years guaranteed?   That's not really over paying for a starting QB.  That's what they get.

Agree.  No it isn't because that is the market for QB's, a lot if not most QB's are over paid.  At least a lot of middle of the road to mediocre ones.  Fitz needs to be paid like a medium hold the for guy, he will get more and that's fine becasue he won't be asking for the moon.

Let us be clear: NFL players can never really be overpaid. Compared to other sports, some of which include fully guaranteed multi-year contracts, this league is a grind and every dollar is earned.

Conor Orr, you're a god damned hippie. 

I'm all for bringing back Fitzgerald unless they can somehow land someone younger and more talented.

4 minutes ago, rillo said:

Off topic but 

@AdamSchefter
Eagles gave QB Sam Bradford a two-year, $36 million deal, including $26 million guaranteed, per source.

Sam needs to kiss his agent. Awesome deal for Sam.

has anyone ever been paid more for doing less than Sam?

6 minutes ago, rillo said:

Off topic but 

@AdamSchefter
Eagles gave QB Sam Bradford a two-year, $36 million deal, including $26 million guaranteed, per source.

So much for he'll never get 18 per. LOL

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

has anyone ever been paid more for doing less than Sam?

@alexmarvez
Combined w/$78M rookie contract, Bradford will have made $114M through 9 seasons after new 2-yr @Eagles deal.25-37-1 as starter. No playoffs

16 minutes ago, rillo said:

Off topic but 

@AdamSchefter

beat me to it

fitz is getting paid this year, the jets can't screw around and low ball him if they want him

On February 25, 2016 at 9:16 PM, SenorGato said:

I assume this is code for "I wish we had a long term solution at QB."

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I understand why the Jets are not willing to overpay for Fitz, especially with the way the season ended. 

But if not Fitz, then who? 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Id rather make the playoffs, 

You act as if the team played their heart out and were let down by their QB...truth is, they played horrific in virtually every facet of the game...they could not catch the ball, they could not run it, they could not punt it, they could not kick it, they could not get off the field on defense...their QB was on a 16 to 1 TD to INT streak heading into the fourth. quarter of the Bills game, and yes, there were the late picks, but one the guy was being leveled because of a wiffed block, and the last was a desperation pass. Even after the first INT, the defense had a chance to hold Tyrod Friggin' Taylor down and force a punt, but, as per the entire game, allowed him to convert one third down after another and milk the clock. The game stunk from all aspects, but to lay it on the QB is asinine.

Just now, UpstateJetsGuru said:

You act as if the team played their heart out and were let down by their QB...truth is, they played horrific in virtually every facet of the game...they could not catch the ball, they could not run it, they could not punt it, they could not kick it, they could not get off the field on defense...their QB was on a 16 to 1 TD to INT streak heading into the fourth. quarter of the Bills game, and yes, there were the late picks, but one the guy was being leveled because of a wiffed block, and the last was a desperation pass. Even after the first INT, the defense had a chance to hold Tyrod Friggin' Taylor down and force a punt, but, as per the entire game, allowed him to convert one third down after another and milk the clock. The game stunk from all aspects, but to lay it on the QB is asinine.

3 INTs in the last 3 possessions of a very winnable game the loss goes on the QB in my OPINION. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Id rather make the playoffs, 

and how the F is that going to happen without a QB? 

Fitz is right above the mendoza line between starter and unknown. There's literally no other legit options. 

Just now, bitonti said:

Fitz is right above the mendoza line between starter and unknown. There's literally no other legit options. 

So you know every option available to the Jets besides the free agents available. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

joewilly response: o so u like loozing to recks twise if u wanted a reel quarterback ud wanna traid for quackernick

36 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

So I guess this puts Fitz in the 2yrs 32Mil, 15-16mil per yr with 20+ gtd???  ******* eagles ******* everything up.  No way we can do it without unloading Wilk now.

bradford is a lot younger, I think fitz is looking at 3 years, 36 million with about 20 million guaranteed , so its really a 2 year $20 million dollar deal in the end is my guess

Archived