Appelas Judge: Brady's defense "ridiculous" and "made no sense whatsoever"

AFJF

2 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Yes, so how come everytime I make a post about Fitztragic not being a good qb I get downvoted to hell by you and other members of this site? You all don't seem very welcoming of different perspectives to me, seems like you all sheep together and anyone who says what you guys don't like you attack.

I have to admit, a -47 rep rating in less than 3 months is a pretty impressive achievement. Of a sort. I would think anyone who is a true Jet fan would want to be accepted by other Jet fans. There's a time and a place for independent thinking, and then there's a time to be part of a group of folks with similar interests. My favorite times as a fan are when I am with other Jet fans, with all of us rooting together. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

This. I can't see the Supreme Court granting cert on this nonsense. I'd at least hope they'd have more important cases to hear with their time.

dont underestimate the supreme courts desire to be involved in splash cases

4 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Yes, so how come everytime I make a post about Fitztragic not being a good qb I get downvoted to hell by you and other members of this site? You all don't seem very welcoming of different perspectives to me, seems like you all sheep together and anyone who says what you guys don't like you attack.

it is because your comments are based upon a flawed premise. no one cares if he is "good" by whatever criteria you choose to measure him by. the much more important question is "are there any better options?" the answer to that is clearly "no" and thus you can stop your analysis before you pull a muscle and hurt yourself.

14 hours ago, Colgateman said:

So because I have correct opinions I'm a child? Only a child would say something as childish as you said.

Trolling another teams message board is childish by definition

If you were really a Jets fan as you claim, its childish, stupid and makes you a dick

15 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Typical envious, jealous rival fan response.

Wake me up when the NFL strips all the Pats titles.

And how does a 65-year old doosh go around calling everyone MON?

Must be the People's Republic of Vermont, mon.

TX is criticizing another poster for being repetitive?

Hrrm...

On 3/4/2016 at 9:36 AM, Jet Nut said:

And where does it say the league and commissioner can't punish for a proven violation because it wasn't listed in the CBA?  

As the judge asked Brady's lawyer, where does it say anywhere that he can't? 

Even the most ardent Patriots' hater, should admit the evidence hardly proved anything.

Again, he cannot just make things up.  There is policy and procedure that needs to be followed.

He cannot just say that 'general awareness' of an incident is a four game suspension, that tampering with a ball is equal to a PED suspension and not making available people for cross examination.

On 3/4/2016 at 2:14 PM, Dcat said:

But this year, the Pats shlt the bed. Badly.  It was comical.

How so?  If the Patriots were healthy, even relatively NFL healthy entering December, you would have a point.

However, they were not.  The OL  was missing both starting tackles for a good portion of the last month.  Their only legitimate RB was out.  Gronk missed a game and was a shell of himself.  Edelman was out. 

On March 4, 2016 at 9:07 PM, Xtina said:

LOL can you imagine, the SCOTUS hearing a case about Tom Brady deflating footballs. It's already gone from the sublime to the ridiculous 

They need to get him on perjury and obstruction of justice a la Barry Bonds.

Kraft should be Donald Sterling'd from the NFL.

46 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Even the most ardent Patriots' hater, should admit the evidence hardly proved anything.

are you saying the appeals judge who disagrees with you is  hater ?  we already covered that excuse, lol

13 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Again, he cannot just make things up.  There is policy and procedure that needs to be followed.

He cannot just say that 'general awareness' of an incident is a four game suspension, that tampering with a ball is equal to a PED suspension and not making available people for cross examination.

How so?  If the Patriots were healthy, even relatively NFL healthy entering December, you would have a point.

However, they were not.  The OL  was missing both starting tackles for a good portion of the last month.  Their only legitimate RB was out.  Gronk missed a game and was a shell of himself.  Edelman was out. 

Says who?  Everyone knows this, he was found guilty.  The judge said he was guilty, the evidence says he was guilty and Pats fans keep going on in circles with idiotic conspiracy theories about people out to get the poor Pats.

Only a fool would think you throw your phone away, a phone that would either verify that youre talking to those who are doing your dirty work, who you swore that you didnt even know, or that you were in contact with them.  But ooops the phone is gone.

LOL, even the most ardent Pats lover knows that sounds like total bullshlt and says alot not only about his guilt but his character.  

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Says who?  Everyone knows this, he was found guilty.  The judge said he was guilty, the evidence says he was guilty and Pats fans keep going on in circles with idiotic conspiracy theories about people out to get the poor Pats.

Only a fool would think you throw your phone away, a phone that would either verify that youre talking to those who are doing your dirty work, who you swore that you didnt even know, or that you were in contact with them.  But ooops the phone is gone.

LOL, even the most ardent Pats lover knows that sounds like total bullshlt and says alot not only about his guilt but his character.  

I would agree with all of this except for the fact that Wells never asked Brady for his phone.  He was instead willing to let Brady and his agent cherry-pick the responsive texts/emails.   Brady refused to do even that and Wells (appropriately) drew an adverse inference.   

So what difference does it make substantively if Brady still has his phone today and refuses to turn it over or if he burned it at the arbitration hearing right in front of Goodell?  Either way, he was never going to turn over his phone.  And the league already had the other side of any conversations Brady might have been having with the equipment guys who turned over their phones.  The only thing they really would have been missing would be if he were having conversations with some other third party about the deflation.  But those weren't the folks closest to the footballs, whom he denied knowing, etc.   

On 3/5/2016 at 7:34 PM, Colgateman said:

it's all in the presentation.  Try making your point without the typical Patriot Fan-like arrogance and maybe people will wam up to your self-proclaimed "correct" opinions.  Until then, you're no more than a troll.  

6 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

I would agree with all of this except for the fact that Wells never asked Brady for his phone.  He was instead willing to let Brady and his agent cherry-pick the responsive texts/emails.   Brady refused to do even that and Wells (appropriately) drew an adverse inference.   

So what difference does it make substantively if Brady still has his phone today and refuses to turn it over or if he burned it at the arbitration hearing right in front of Goodell?  Either way, he was never going to turn over his phone.  And the league already had the other side of any conversations Brady might have been having with the equipment guys who turned over their phones.  The only thing they really would have been missing would be if he were having conversations with some other third party about the deflation.  But those weren't the folks closest to the footballs, whom he denied knowing, etc.   

They asked him for the phone, if I remember and Bradys atty said no.  They then came back and said they'd allow his lawyer to hand pick the dates they were interested in, could edit out any personal texts and they also refused.  

Either way makes him look bad, as if he has something to cover up, backing up the idea that he aksed for them to do his dirty work and that hes going to play dumb over it 

9 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

what are the odds that there were some picks with Giselle wearing a strap-on and slamming ol' Tom?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

They asked him for the phone, if I remember and Bradys atty said no.  They then came back and said they'd allow his lawyer to hand pick the dates they were interested in, could edit out any personal texts and they also refused.  

Either way makes him look bad, as if he has something to cover up 

Agreed.  The destruction of the cell phone was especially bad optically because destruction of evidence is a major no-no in our culture.  But the league has done everything possible to try to sensationalize the phone destruction as some kind of bombshell on the eve of the arbitration hearing when it really did not change the state of the facts as they always existed -- Brady is and was unwilling to turn over his phone. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

what are the odds that there were some picks with Giselle wearing a strap-on and slamming ol' Tom?

I'm guessing zero and that his biggest concern from a personal perspective was photos/texts with non-Giselle companions (with or without strap-ons).  

1 minute ago, AFCEastFan said:

Agreed.  The destruction of the cell phone was especially bad optically because destruction of evidence is a major no-no in our culture.  But the league has done everything possible to try to sensationalize the phone destruction as some kind of bombshell on the eve of the arbitration hearing when it really did not change the state of the facts as they always existed -- Brady is and was unwilling to turn over his phone. 

But I totally get the leagues stance.  If you have nothing to hide, if we're to believe Brady when he said he didnt even know these guys, that theyre the liars, his phone would back that up.  Or not.  Its black and white, would clear him in a minute.  So why, if you are innocent, if this is a witch hunt, if people are just jealous of your success and are so tired of all of this why not give the league the evidence that helps clear you?  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But I totally get the leagues stance.  If you have nothing to hide, if we're to believe Brady when he said he didnt even know these guys, that theyre the liars, his phone would back that up.  Or not.  Its black and white, would clear him in a minute.  So why, if you are innocent, if this is a witch hunt, if people are just jealous of your success and are so tired of all of this why not give the league the evidence that helps clear you?  

I think it's clear that there was nothing exculpatory on the phone.  For example, there obviously aren't going to be any texts about how he doesn't know McNally because that would mean that he would have come to know McNally.  There would just be an absence of texts of any kind with him.  The unanswered question is whether there was anything additional that was inculpatory or whether it was just the other side of the conversations the league already had.  

My own view is that Brady threw enough fits about the balls being over-inflated (such as when they were at 16 psi) that the equipment guys took steps to make sure he would never have that complaint again.  We will never know for sure to what extent he micromanaged the process, but we don't need to -- that is what the "general awareness" standard is for.  

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

for the record, the NFL offered to have brady's lawyer sort through the texts and only submit the relevant ones, so giselles strap on photos were never going to be made public

I know that.  But it's fun posting the idea!  Somewhere out there are pics of ol' Tom with one right between his cheeks.  All deflated.

On 3/3/2016 at 6:25 PM, PatsFanTX said:

I didn't realize they handed down a decision today.

They will soon and the commissioner will get his four games from Brady. The issue is not what the 'law' says but what the CBA says, and it says Roger Goodell is the freaking boss.

They will soon and the commissioner will get his four games from Brady. The issue is not what the 'law' says but what the CBA says, and it says Roger Goodell is the freaking boss.

If Goodell was the boss that you say, his decision never would have been overturned in the first place.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

If Goodell was the boss that you say, his decision never would have been overturned in the first place.

not true.  The district court judge didn't like how Goodell managed it all (who would?) and decided to punish him and the NFL for it.  It was like Goodell was on trial and not Brady.  That judge is an absolute idiot in ignoring the CBA and what the union agreed to as far as Goodell's powers.  I have little doubt the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals 3-judge panel will overturn the moronic Southern District of NY ruling.  

It might get remanded or the Circuit Court might spare us all and just put an end to this by upholding the suspension.

At this point, I really don't care if Brady is suspended.  What I want is acknowledgment tat Brady lied, cheated and is a fraud as far as his good boy persona he pretends to have.  He is scum.

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

You're right.  A Judge has never made a wrong decision before.

However, they always go to billionaire socialite parties the day after a surprising ruling, and rub shoulders with the boss that they rule on.

Just take the suspension and be done with it. It will also be interesting to see how Belidick will do without Tommy Boy - it will be a glimpse into the Patriots future when both of them are gone and Pats fans crawl back into their shameful holes

you cant just do whatever you want to a union and its members. there are special rules and laws that concern interactions with unions. this is where the "labor" in "employment and labor law" comes from. it's not just a redundant title.

18 hours ago, Larz said:

for the record, the NFL offered to have brady's lawyer sort through the texts and only submit the relevant ones, so giselles strap on photos were never going to be made public

It wasn't the strap-on photos it was the texts to Belichick on the inflation topic that they were all trying to hide.

If BB ever got caught with his hand in that cookie jar then the potential punishments for the Patriots really stat to get interesting

11 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Just take the suspension and be done with it. It will also be interesting to see how Belidick will do without Tommy Boy - it will be a glimpse into the Patriots future when both of them are gone and Pats fans crawl back into their shameful holes

2-2 if the first 4 games on the schedule are tough overall, 3-1 if they are not.  Sorry for the spoiler.

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

It wasn't the strap-on photos it was the texts to Belichick on the inflation topic that they were all trying to hide.

If BB ever got caught with his hand in that cookie jar then the potential punishments for the Patriots really stat to get interesting

Yes, that is definitely it.  

TB: Guys, can I go back to using overinflated footballs like I did pre-2007?  That is how I prefer them.  Aaron Rodgers gets to use overinflated balls.  Why can't I??

BB: Tom, we've been through this before.  If we can deflate the balls to around 11.8 psi, our fumbles per game drop by 1.6 and drops per game fall by 2.7.

EA:  Actually, it's 1.74273114, not 1.6.

BB: Right.  So tell McNally to get his needles out and make sure he deflates the balls to 11.8.

TB:  Who?

BB:  McNally.  The guy who needs to lose weight.  The fat guy.

TB:  Oh, you mean Bird!  Whatever you say, Coach.  You know I would do ANYTHING for you.  I'm meeting Bird for drinks again tonight at our usual spot, so I will let him know then!

Here's a question about the appeal for the lawyers in the group. I understand it can take months for an appellate decision to be made. But can it also be made a lot quicker than that? For example, if the judges find they are all in agreement, can a decision be rendered in just 2-3 weeks? Just wondering if it is definite that we won't hear the outcome for 3 months or longer. 

6 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

Here's a question about the appeal for the lawyers in the group. I understand it can take months for an appellate decision to be made. But can it also be made a lot quicker than that? For example, if the judges find they are all in agreement, can a decision be rendered in just 2-3 weeks? Just wondering if it is definite that we won't hear the outcome for 3 months or longer. 

If they all agreed and prioritized the writing of the opinion over other court business, they certainly could do it that fast.  But normally, it would take them quite a bit of time to craft the opinion and they would be working on other higher priority items in the meantime.  

Archived