Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

16 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You are pulling bullsh*t numbers out of your ass. Gannoins first year with Raiders 24 TD's 14 Ints Fitz 31TDs 15 Ints how in the hell is that a better TD to Int ratio ? and how is that a better season ?????? Based on Comp percentage ? Really ?  Their Comp percentage was Identical and Fitz had 100 more yards in one less game played so explain WTF are you talking about ?

1999 Gannon's first year with the Raiders:

Gannon was 7th in passes completed

7th in yards

4th in TD's (with 24 at the time) Remember Brady led the leauge with 28 a few years later because passing back then was different.

6th in passer rating 

7th in passing yards a game

7th in yards per attempt

10th in yards per completion

9th in passes completed a game,

10th in TD percent

Gannon wasn't even top ten in picks either.

I'd love to see Fitz's rankings in every single one of these categories. Since you wants to compare them so bad

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if you're going to be a hardliner on Fitz you have to be one for Geno too. And that's only fair!?. So no more excuses for him. Geno had playmakers too including Decker and Ivory. 

Understand I want the Jets to win!!!!  I fully support anyone who puts on a NY Jets uniform. Fitz had a terrific season here in 2015 played well gave us exciting football no argument. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It most certainly is we are discussing the Jets QB situation me personally I WANT THEM TO WIN A DAMN SUPER BOWL how about you to do that we need a QB!!!!!!

nobody here has referred to Fitzpatrick as being a great qb. ever. straw man argument at its finest

Fitz wasn't top ten in passes completed (bottom 10 of the leauge)

15th in yards

11th in TD's

24th in passer rating

22nd in yards a game

27th in YPA

Bottom ten in yards per completion

Bottom 15 in passes completed a game

9th in TD percent

5th in interceptions.

Yeah, Ryan Fitzpatricks first season in NY was sure comparable to Gannons first in Oakland!

Give it up, your sh*t argument is debunked. Pick a new one please.

Just now, Colgateman said:

15th in yards

11th in TD's

24th in passer rating

22nd in yards a game

27th in YPA

9th in TD percent

5th in interceptions.

Yeah, Ryan Fitzpatricks first season in NY was sure comparable to Gannons first in Oakland!

Give it up, your sh*t argument is debunked. Pick a new one please.

you forgot about gannons howitzer and all of his playoff wins:wub:

So lets compare the two, shall we?

GANNON:

7th in yards

4th in TD's (with 24 at the time) Remember Brady led the leauge with 28 a few years later because passing back then was different.

6th in passer rating 

7th in passing yards a game

7th in yards per attempt

10th in yards per completion

9th in passes completed a game,

10th in TD percent

Gannon wasn't even top ten in picks either.

FITZPATRICK:

15th in yards

11th in TD's

24th in passer rating

22nd in yards a game

27th in YPA

9th in TD percent

5th in interceptions.

OH YES! LOOK AT HOW SIMILAR THOSE NUMBERS ARE! 

33 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You are pulling bullsh*t numbers out of your ass. Gannoins first year with Raiders 24 TD's 14 Ints Fitz 31TDs 15 Ints how in the hell is that a better TD to Int ratio ? and how is that a better season ?????? Based on Comp percentage ? Really ?  Their Comp percentage was Identical and Fitz had 100 more yards in one less game played so explain WTF are you talking about ?

My mistake, I was looking at his second year in Oakland. 

But again, different era, very similar numbers. And Gannon was better in comp% and ypa. The year before, he had a 1.7 int%, while Fitz best number in that regard is 2.4. Gannon's three straight years of sub-2% int was a huge part of what he was as a QB. And a ypa that was consistently over 7. All the rules are in Fitz' favor today, and at best you could say his numbers are comparable.

7 minutes ago, ylekram said:

you forgot about gannons howitzer and all of his playoff wins:wub:

At least gannon went to the playoffs several times and won a game as a backup. Gannon also went to a Super Bowl. and won 3 playoff games, so thats a total of 4 games he won as a starter in the playoffs.

Fitzasshat choked away his one chance at the playoffs in his 11 years in the NFL, throwing three picks and is now unsigned and it is looking more and more like it will stay that way.

5 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

7th in yards

Different?? Marino had 44 in 1986 Hell George Blanda had 36 in 1961 and that wasn't a 16 game season.. Many different factors go into why some years have higher passing tds then others.. Rogers had the same amount as Fitz this past season but had 45 in 2011.. Another big reason is the 1978 rules and others since that hurt the defense because the League wanted more high scoring offense..

Just now, ylekram said:

nobody here has referred to Fitzpatrick as being a great qb. ever. straw man argument at its finest

Dont all Jets fans want a great QB and great players playing for the team to ultimately win a Super Bowl how can you lobby for a mediocre QB or any mediocre player for that matter. 

I want GREATNESS

5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Different?? Marino had 44 in 1986 Hell George Blanda had 36 in 1961 and that wasn't a 16 game season.. Many different factors go into why some years have higher passing tds then others.. Rogers had the same amount as Fitz this past season but had 45 in 2011.. Another big reason is the 1978 rules and others since that hurt the defense because the League wanted more high scoring offense..

Ah, I stand corrected.

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if you're going to be a hardliner on Fitz you have to be one for Geno too. And that's only fair!?. So no more excuses for him. Geno had playmakers too including Decker and Ivory. 

But Geno ran Marty Moronweg's offense.

Look, if you're gonna judge Fitz with Gailey you have to judge Geno with Gailey too. And that's only fair! :thumbup:. Then you'll FINALLY have an apples to apples comparison. 

Though Fitz had a bubblegum schedule.

10 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Look, if you're gonna judge Fitz with Gailey you have to judge Geno with Gailey too. And that's only fair! :thumbup:. Then you'll FINALLY have an apples to apples comparison. 

Look you are never going to have perfect laboratory conditions. Marty wasn't a bad OC and he's currently Qb coach of the Ravens who have the rep of being a smart franchise. And Gailey isn't a superstar OC either or the key reason our offense improved. You have to have the players to get an offense to be successful. The bottom line among all these variables is: how did the guy perform. And it wasn't Gailey calling Marshall at 3 am to go over new plays. Fitz consulted with everyone and that's just one reason why he had success. He's the right guy for this team that is if he still wants to play. He might just be tired of Mangold's farting in his face and DLs trying to kick him in the nuts. 

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dont all Jets fans want a great QB and great players playing for the team to ultimately win a Super Bowl how can you lobby for a mediocre QB or any mediocre player for that matter. 

I want GREATNESS

well that's fine to want greatness. we all do.but stop with the straw man is all I'm saying. here is to hoping that hackenberg is the real deal

32 minutes ago, jetrider said:

This guy gets it. 

Dear Fellow Jets fans 

You and me all want a winner here, we deserve it after all these years. 

Some like Fiz some like Geno some like Petty some Hack whoever gets the job done is who I want. 

I want to win a Super Bowl. 

No reason to argue amongst ourselves over something we cant control. 

1 hour ago, Colgateman said:

At least gannon went to the playoffs several times and won a game as a backup. Gannon also went to a Super Bowl. and won 3 playoff games, so thats a total of 4 games he won as a starter in the playoffs.

Fitzasshat choked away his one chance at the playoffs in his 11 years in the NFL, throwing three picks and is now unsigned and it is looking more and more like it will stay that way.

considering that the conversation only pertained to gannons first year in Oakland, I guess you win?

ya. fitz threw 3 picks in buffalo. I guess he choked away his one chance at the playoffs. how many picks did gannon throw in his one chance to win a super bowl again?

So what are the important dates coming up that could lead to this BS finally being decided?

Sitting here in limbo blows.  Would it be start of camp?  When preseason starts?  After week 4 of the regular season?

I can imagine week 1 rolling around and Bowles doesn't officially say Geno is the starter, but he starts.  Fitz is of course still available because no one else wants him.  And Bowles waits until a few weeks into the season (judging Geno) to either announce Geno as the official starter or tells Macc to sign Fitz.

Come to think of it, that would be pretty cool.  Sure all this indecision during the offseason is really annoying, but it'd basically give us our fallback option w/o having to lay out a penny unless needed.

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So what are the important dates coming up that could lead to this BS finally being decided?

Sitting here in limbo blows.  Would it be start of camp?  When preseason starts?  After week 4 of the regular season?

I can imagine week 1 rolling around and Bowles doesn't officially say Geno is the starter, but he starts.  Fitz is of course still available because no one else wants him.  And Bowles waits until a few weeks into the season (judging Geno) to either announce Geno as the official starter or tells Macc to sign Fitz.

Come to think of it, that would be pretty cool.  Sure all this indecision during the offseason is really annoying, but it'd basically give us our fallback option w/o having to lay out a penny unless needed.

june 1st macc will get more bang for his buck cutting guys to make room for fitz, so they may have an agreement in place they will not announce it until then

maybe fitz is just trying to avoid the first week of camp and he signs in august

maybe fitz is just waiting for an injury to happen so he can decide if he wants to go there

maybe he really is just trying to force the jets hand to a better offer or he will just retire

no matter what, I think this goes well into july

On 5/13/2016 at 4:00 PM, Smashmouth said:

Stop the bullsh*t sperm.

You make it all about the QB but refuse to point out when the team fails as a whole.

Fitz had a very good year from any QB standards. He's not a world beater and he's not a regular season wonder. He's good enough to get us to the playoffs and IF this team is capable as a unit to contend for a SB he's capable there as well.

I keep reading how its all about the QB to get to a SB yet when ALL the Elite QB's get to the playoffs and their team weaknesses show themselves most people on this forum just dismiss it because well Peyton or Rodgers or Bree's or Roth is the QB. You don't win in the playoffs with an Elite QB and weaknesses across other parts of the team you just don't. That may be enough to get by in the regular season but its not good enough to get by in the playoffs. You have to have a solid team and a capable QB whether he be elite or not.

Keep in mind I'm not comparing any of these guys to Fitz, just making a point.

Was it Aaron Rodgers fault last year in the playoffs that GB lost ? Or did he have an inferior team ?? When Aaron Rodgers had 77 yards vs Denver was it all his fault ? Did he suck ? Or was his team just not capable ? When he lost to Arizona in a playoff game was that ALL his fault as well getting pummeled and sacked 10 times. He's the best QB in the NFL why does he not win the SB every year ?

Cam Newton was the MVP he played terrible in the SB reverting back to some of his bad habits. Was it ALL his fault  the Panthers lost? Should have the SB been all about Cam Newton ? Or were the Broncos just a better football team ?

Drew Brees for all his 5000 yard passing years and 30 + TD's why has their been such a playoff drought and when he does get in they get spanked ? Does Drew Suck ? He muist in Your world.

Did Dan Marino suck ? I mean the guy didn't win a SB Was Joe Montana that much better than him ? Or were the 49er's that much better than the Dolphins ?

Would you rather have an Elite QB with a crappy team winning 10-12 games each year ? Or would you rather have a good QB with a great team ?

Now after asking those last 2 questions don't give me the Crap Fitz didn't play good last year because he did play good.

Are the Saints better than the Jets because they have Drew Brees ? 

How Did Peyton Manning win a SB last year while playing like Geno Smith for most of the year ? How in the hell is that possible ?

Great QB's do not single handedly win SB's Great teams however Do win SB's.

How is it that Rich Gannon could play TERRIBLE for most of his career (if not all of it) Up until he finally got a shot with a team of Great skill players on offense and solid defense. How is it that with Better career stats than Gannon BY FAR Fitz shows up at about the same age or close to it that Gannon Did with the Raiders yet cant get the same props as Gannon did ?  Gannons first year with the Raiders was not even remotely close to Fitz first year with the Jets yet I didn't see people calling Gannon sh*t and he had an arm similar to Fitz nothing special but not terrible either. Is it so far fetched for you to believe Fitz might just have found the right Fit ? It was only his first year with the team and while he struggled early he had a five game stretch better than this team has ever seen and he did it with the playoffs on the line each week. But he's a JAG ? He didn't play good in Buffalo but neither did the team and EVERYONE who knows anything about QBing knows they simply do not play well in the wind  no matter who they are. That's why you better have a running game in December and we had Steven Ridley.

Why didn't the Jets make the Playoffs last year as a TEAM ? Because they had an inconsistent Running game where players could not stay healthy. We had no other options in the passing game other than Decker and Marshall and we had the worst Special Teams in the NFL . While Fitz had some bad games last year SO DID EVERY OTHER QB IN THE NFL. You either have the team or you don't. If you have a horrid QB like Geno Smith the position becomes a big factor if you have a good QB like Fitz it gives you a chance if you have a capable team. WE DIDNT.

With the additions of offensive skill players this year there is no reason not to believe Fitz will Improve. He will have capable RB;s who can catch and a TE who can catch ( I hope). Hopefully we got much faster on defense and ST's and IMHO those will be the biggest factors as to whether or not we win and make the playoffs. It wont be about Fitz it will be about the team.

Now who's throwing around bullsh*t? He most definitely did not have a good season by any QB's standards. What a bunch of nonsense, particularly given the stupidly low level of competition he went up against. What he had was a good season by Ryan Fitzpatrick standards (or Geno Smith standards, Mark Sanchez standards, Joey Harrington standards...).

Also you are completely wrong about other teams that have what he's not. I don't know where you get the idea that all SB teams were these well-balanced machines that are great all over the place and at QB. Some are. Baltimore 2012 didn't even have a top 10 defense, let alone an elite defense. They gave up more yards and TDs than the 2015 Jets. They didn't have a top 10 rushing attack either, in yards or ypc. In the playoffs they needed a QB to overcome a defense and special teams that surrendered a combined 35 points in the division championship, then 29 points in the superbowl (the last 2 pts were given to them). Both times against stingy, top-3 pass defenses in terms of yards surrendered per pass attempt. That's what a gamer does. He doesn't wait for his apologists to rationalize falling short of the very ordinary total of 25 or 23 points needed against the friggin' Eagles & Bills. Especially since such a task was asked of him so infrequently all year long.

There is plenty reason why he will not improve, despite your ridiculous claim that there is no reason. You like to play this game where numbers put up against the league's weaklings, when there was little to no pressure on our passing game due to low scoring games, automatically translate to what would happen against the league's elite. Well it doesn't translate. It is far, far easier to put up decent #s against bad teams and defenses than it is against good ones. Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a good QB no matter how many times you type it. When the defense or special teams didn't hold the opposition to a puny amount of points, Fitz took a dump on the field.

That said, I'm happy to have him as a stopgap for the first half of the upcoming season, or until Hackenberg (or Petty) can step onto the field, should that happen later. But it should be for an amount that is palatable if he's only the backup. 

Archived