RGIII released some time today

Lupz27

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How much, how long, would you offer then?

Tough question, that Bradford contract really threw a monkey wrench into QB valuation right now. And now it looks like Fitz will be out of our price range, so we are in desperation mode. I'd be ok with us offering what I previously thought we could sign Fitzpatrick for - 2 years, $16 million, half guaranteed, with a 3rd year option. I know you don't like RGIII but we are basically out of options right now. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I never said that Kaep couldn't make plays because of the GM 

Geno's woes here I blame on the OC the WRs and the head coach. 

Let's be fair, Geno deserves his share of the blame too.  

We need to turn EVERY stone! There occasionally are players that turn a corner in this league. Without the benefit of having a franchise QB we're dealing with players that are old & average (Fitz), young and immature but have shown flashes (Geno), and a 2nd year unknown in Petty. Ooh, they're WAY BETTER than RGIII. Give me a f*cking break! 

Every f*cking QB available needs to be looked into by this freaking team.

Just now, Jetster said:

We need to turn EVERY stone! There occasionally are players that turn a corner in this league. Without the benefit of having a franchise QB we're dealing with players that are old & average (Fitz), young and immature but have shown flashes (Geno), and a 2nd year unknown in Petty. Ooh, they're WAY BETTER than RGIII. Give me a f*cking break! 

Every f*cking QB available needs to be looked into by this freaking team.

If Geno flashed then Ryan Leaf scintillated.

Back in 1998, the Jets signed a former first overall pick named Testaverde, who had largely been a bust until that point in his career. Vinny went on to have a solid run with the Jets for a couple of years. 

Sometimes guys just need a change of scenery. I don't see any harm in kicking the tires on RG3. I'd rather that than pay Fitzpatrick 15 million per year. 

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Back in 1998, the Jets signed a former first overall pick named Testaverde, who had largely been a bust until that point in his career. Vinny went on to have a solid run with the Jets for a couple of years. 

Sometimes guys just need a change of scenery. I don't see any harm in kicking the tires on RG3. I'd rather that than pay Fitzpatrick 15 million per year. 

Very interesting article analyzing Vinny's career: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=5449

Executive summary: his supporting case was putrid for most of his career but he still performed better than an average QB would be expected to on those teams. When he had above average supporting casts, he was very good and sometimes dominant in stretches. He should've pulled a Bo Jackson and threatened to sit a year after TB drafted him.

12 hours ago, Shadetree said:

Holy sh*t..are some of you people actually thinking RG III is good for the jets?? 

Thats just crazy..RG III is dog food..

Yeah I agree I don't understand how anyone can think RG3 is not nothing but a pile of wet, hot garbage.

10 hours ago, jgb said:

Very interesting article analyzing Vinny's career: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=5449

Executive summary: his supporting case was putrid for most of his career but he still performed better than an average QB would be expected to on those teams. When he had above average supporting casts, he was very good and sometimes dominant in stretches. He should've pulled a Bo Jackson and threatened to sit a year after TB drafted him.

RGIII had a very good rookie - and Washington's offensive talent wasn't very good. 

12 hours ago, jgb said:

If Geno flashed then Ryan Leaf scintillated.

This is such BS. Ryan Leaf never had a perfect QB rating, EVER! This is still the NFL, Geno came very close to beating the Pats & did in one game. Geno is not the worst QB to play this game & many, many QBs struggle in their 1st 2 years. Not one WR or TE that he played with even played in the NFL last year other than Cumberland who probably would have been cut if Amaro & Sudfeld didn't get hurt. Cumby will be cut soon. I'm not a fan of Genos antics but he really did play with some of the worst skill position players this team has ever assembled. Hill, Gates, Nelson, Cumby, OMG!

This is such BS. Ryan Leaf never had a perfect QB rating, EVER! This is still the NFL, Geno came very close to beating the Pats & did in one game. Geno is not the worst QB to play this game & many, many QBs struggle in their 1st 2 years. Not one WR or TE that he played with even played in the NFL last year other than Cumberland who probably would have been cut if Amaro & Sudfeld didn't get hurt. Cumby will be cut soon. I'm not a fan of Genos antics but he really did play with some of the worst skill position players this team has ever assembled. Hill, Gates, Nelson, Cumby, OMG!

If you must win a meaningless game against a team that is also eliminated from the playoffs and would rather be on the golf course then Geno is your guy. Plus by this logic if Geno has potential because of one good game doesn't that mean his supporting cast had the same potential since they did it once? We gave up too early on idzik's team entirely! They did great against a beaten and mailed in Dolphins team! Can't have it both ways. What will it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a choice:

Option A:

Let Fitz Walk
Sign RGIII for $15/mil a year for Four Years, Three Guaranteed
RGIII named Starter + Geno Smith Backup + Petty relegated to #3

RGIII Starts all Three Years, barring injury, period.

Option B:

Resign Fitz for $15/mil a year for Three Years, 1 Guaranteed
Fitz Starts 2016, competes with Petty in 2017
Jets Draft a QB in the 2016 Draft
Geno Smith released

Fitz only guaranteed to start 2016

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Here is a choice:

Option A:

Let Fitz Walk
Sign RGIII for $15/mil a year for Four Years, Three Guaranteed
RGIII named Starter + Geno Smith Backup + Petty relegated to #3

RGIII Starts all Three Years, barring injury, period.

Option B:

Resign Fitz for $15/mil a year for Three Years, 1 Guaranteed
Fitz Starts 2016, competes with Petty in 2017
Jets Draft a QB in the 2016 Draft
Geno Smith released

Fitz only guaranteed to start 2016

It's absurd that you think RG is getting $15M guaranteed for 3 years. But nice job at making a dumb proposal to make Fitzpatrick look more appealing 

I think RG111 best fit is with three teams. Again I like college QBS who played college in the West coast to go back especially after being injured with Washington. I always thought Houston was his best fit since he was home but their coach does not run his offense. He should go back up Romo in Dallas or Bree's in New Orleans. 

The most unappealing part about signing RGIII is that he has to be signed blindly on what will likely be a king's ransom. Too many teams have needs and there's enough buzz around him that somebody will pick him up and he'll likely be in a position to make a few teams bid for his affection. There is no workout to see if he's lost his poor attitude or plays at the same level he did as a rookie. You're signing everything he was last year on the prayer that he's improved but not so improved that WAS wants to keep him.

Archived