Gather your pitchforks, light your torches...

sirlancemehlot

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/9/2016 at 9:04 AM, sirlancemehlot said:

Because I'm going to do the unthinkable.  Criticize Mike Macagnan.  I hated Tannenbaum because he pissed away money (read: cap space) like a drunken sailor.  Well.  Idzik, love him or hate him, he fixed the Tannenbaum problem.  He cut dead weight,  signed very few, and turned the Jets cap into one of the best situations in the league, from one of the worst.  One year removed and we're in the worst cap hell in the league.  And we're about to lose our starting running back, nose tackle, quarterback, and already cut our #2 corner.  This isn't Idzik vs. Mac.  It's Mac vs. 31 other GM's in the league.  Take a deep breath now, and give me running start...Mac did a bad job.  

Idzik was the man!!

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

idzik did the unthinkable, whiff on all but 3 draft picks.  anyone could cut cap space and whiff on so many draft choices.  so much for cleaning house and clearing cap space. jury's still out on mac.  if hack is a good qb, mac will win gm of the year again.

??????????????????????????????????????????

Exec of the year and then the following year....worst exec of the year. Has that ever happened. ?

The Jets are the best in the NFL at

Drafting centers (not a bad thing but let me know when a center wins SB MVP)

Overpaying crappy journeyman QBs

Selecting multiple safetys in one draft

Misusing DTs

Hiring inept GMs

Hiring HCs with zero cred

Feel free to add to the list.

15 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Sirlancemehlot, Tom Shane and Matt 39 all got kicked in the balls over this thread. Negative 26 rep. That was my all time record. 

sounds like a good ol fashion circle jerk to me....you guys want to be controversial you should add some pictures really gross us out ..Neg Rep X1000

On 5/8/2017 at 2:22 PM, August said:

This is what happens when your shortsighted moves backfires. It's seems as if they're finally doing the right thing but we'll see. 

sometimes you wonder if these guys ever learn.  i'm not anti mac but i'm not really pro mac either.  the ice patch that he is standing on is getting smaller each day and the only thing that will turn that around is having some successful seasons.

but getting back to the short sightedness, it seems we see teams try to bulk up on free agents every year to achieve some success and they fall flat on their faces. i remember when the redskins tried to buy their way and failed badly.  and tanny tried it with holmes and some other prize players.  mac comes in and spends to the hilt and actually gets a decent season.  i don't think anyone predicted the jets would finish 5-11 last season.  but much of that failure should be planted right at the feet of revis and the high priced players.

oh well.  here's to hoping the draft picks pan out.

Mac is so transparent and he hasn't learned. This draft was done with the thought of all that cap space next season. He is eyeing all that money and thinks he can sign the players to jump start this franchise. This practice has never worked and will continue to do so. That is why all this talk "of doing it the right way" is all well and good but I will bet folding cash that Mac goes after a QB in FA and whatever pieces he deems necessary to win in his mind. That's why I believe the Suck for Sam guys will be disappointed when Mac either passes or trades out of the high draft pick the Jets may or may not have. Just my opinion but all the signs are there.

On 3/9/2016 at 0:04 PM, sirlancemehlot said:

Because I'm going to do the unthinkable.  Criticize Mike Macagnan.  I hated Tannenbaum because he pissed away money (read: cap space) like a drunken sailor.  Well.  Idzik, love him or hate him, he fixed the Tannenbaum problem.  He cut dead weight,  signed very few, and turned the Jets cap into one of the best situations in the league, from one of the worst.  One year removed and we're in the worst cap hell in the league.  And we're about to lose our starting running back, nose tackle, quarterback, and already cut our #2 corner.  This isn't Idzik vs. Mac.  It's Mac vs. 31 other GM's in the league.  Take a deep breath now, and give me running start...Mac did a bad job.  

wow just wow first of all the way you posted it is Idzick versus Mac. And Idzick sucked horribly he may not have signed any one but to be lauded for doing nothing? He also drafted crap and put us in this place we are now. All the wasted draft picks and what have we to show for it? seriously 1 receiver and dlineman on his way out of the league with one more offense.

Mac or anyone needs time to fix this mess. You may not like his draft choices but outside of QB which is the hardest position to fill he has selected talent

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Mac is so transparent and he hasn't learned. This draft was done with the thought of all that cap space next season. He is eyeing all that money and thinks he can sign the players to jump start this franchise. This practice has never worked and will continue to do so. That is why all this talk "of doing it the right way" is all well and good but I will bet folding cash that Mac goes after a QB in FA and whatever pieces he deems necessary to win in his mind. That's why I believe the Suck for Sam guys will be disappointed when Mac either passes or trades out of the high draft pick the Jets may or may not have. Just my opinion but all the signs are there.

You cant say that until next year because what if he spends smartly and gets a few olinemen to help a qb he drafted?

7 minutes ago, rammagen said:

You cant say that until next year because what if he spends smartly and gets a few olinemen to help a qb he drafted?

I can say whatever I want. After all its just an opinion.He could have drafted at the skill positions this year and gotten help for that future young QB or whoever starts this year.  They would have gained valuable experience playing at this level this year. He could have picked a C in this draft as well. He didn't. No. Mac has a cap space hard-on for 2018 and its evident in the trade down bullspit he pulled this year and the players he passed on this year. He going to go all in in 2018 and may even draft a QB but he will spend that money and by his track record so far it won't be wisely. Gotta go by what sample we have of him and when it comes to cap space its not good.

On 5/9/2017 at 8:48 PM, JetFaninMI said:

I can say whatever I want. After all its just an opinion.He could have drafted at the skill positions this year and gotten help for that future young QB or whoever starts this year.  They would have gained valuable experience playing at this level this year. He could have picked a C in this draft as well. He didn't. No. Mac has a cap space hard-on for 2018 and its evident in the trade down bullspit he pulled this year and the players he passed on this year. He going to go all in in 2018 and may even draft a QB but he will spend that money and by his track record so far it won't be wisely. Gotta go by what sample we have of him and when it comes to cap space its not good.

Logically speaking you can't say that, because you are basing this on an opinion not a fact. and you want to make it fact when it is simply not yet. My opinion is if he spends the cap space it will be on an impact player if not then he will save it. I think he will spend on oline men or position he can not or did not strengthen through the draft.

without knowing thier board it is really hard to say who was worth drafting. I will say he has better eye for talent then the last schmuck we had running the show, I have more faith in hmi in spotting talent then anyone else since Parcells

Well yeah I can say that. I'm not stating it as fact. I even say its my opinion. Mac could have done what I stated quite easily. If you think drafting 2 safeties and then trading out of the 3rd round when he could have used one of those picks for a pretty good Center is a good plan well I disagree. He claimed he wanted to build through the draft and I give him the 1st rounder but his 2nd and 3rd round picks are gonna hurt this team in the long run. Not the guys he picked but the guys he didn't. The Jets needed 1st and 2nd round talent on OFFENSE. They have a QB situation that is more than suspect and giving that position more talent to work with is more than logical but a necessity. You would have had a core to build on and that core could grow together to become something special. That's how you build a contender that lasts for more than one season and is competitive for years.

Let me ask you this: What high profile FA is going to want to come to a team that is terrible? The answer? None. Mac's past history show's that he will spend that money and his "eye for talent" as you put it has yielded squat. The guys he signed have left more than a little to be desired. Plus it has been proven that the quick fix does not work and we have been through that numerous times in the past. Sorry but throwing money at the mess that is the Jets is going to spell the end for Mac.

On 3/9/2016 at 0:23 PM, T0mShane said:

Not to go all Integrity28 here, but I expressed some concerns last offseason about the logic behind signing older vets like Revis and Cromartie to expensive deals when he had a clean slate to work with, no QB, and (most importantly), could reasonably scapegoat a bad 2015 record on Rex and Idzik. Instead, he gave money to win-now guys when the team isn't ready to win, and now they're in purgatory. Maccagnan better have a few tricks up his sleeve--particularly with the QB position--or this regime is about to be on the hot seat as soon as next year.

Prescient.

18 hours ago, Bugg said:

Prescient.

To be honest, I have a template on Microsoft Word that's basically, "When the Jets do [this short sighted thing] they will [suffer these consequences] and a significant portion of the fanbase will still be very excited about [next short sighted thing] because they are self-torture monkeys."

18 hours ago, tfine said:

Two year leash for coach and GM.....makes sense. Good luck finding a good coach..no good coach will wanna come here knowing that they will be fired in a year or two. Would any of you work at a company that fires their employees every two years???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On the flip side, most of the coaches the Jets hire were never going to be head coaches anyway, so any amount of time they're given in the position is a huge bonus, like an eight year old who sneaks into the cab of a fire truck and blows the horn once or twice.

19 hours ago, tfine said:

Two year leash for coach and GM.....makes sense. Good luck finding a good coach..no good coach will wanna come here knowing that they will be fired in a year or two. Would any of you work at a company that fires their employees every two years???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

With that logic you would have given Rich Kotite another year

4 minutes ago, thadude said:

Mac is just as bad or worse than Idzik

Maccagnan is more conventional and conservative in his player evaluation, but has zero vision for the future. Idzik, at least, had a plan that extended beyond the tip of his nose.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan is more conventional and conservative in his player evaluation, but has zero vision for the future. Idzik, at least, had a plan that extended beyond the tip of his nose.

Mac's player evaluation is just as bad as Idzik.  At least Idzik got us $60 million in cap room

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc is at least consistent, in 2015, 2016 and 2017 he signed the worst QB's in the NFL available in free agency. 

$20 million guaranteed spent on Ryan Fitzgarbage and Josh McClown.  Did this after using a second round pick on Hackentard

and some Jets still take this guy seriously 

21 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well yeah I can say that. I'm not stating it as fact. I even say its my opinion. Mac could have done what I stated quite easily. If you think drafting 2 safeties and then trading out of the 3rd round when he could have used one of those picks for a pretty good Center is a good plan well I disagree. He claimed he wanted to build through the draft and I give him the 1st rounder but his 2nd and 3rd round picks are gonna hurt this team in the long run. Not the guys he picked but the guys he didn't. The Jets needed 1st and 2nd round talent on OFFENSE. They have a QB situation that is more than suspect and giving that position more talent to work with is more than logical but a necessity. You would have had a core to build on and that core could grow together to become something special. That's how you build a contender that lasts for more than one season and is competitive for years.

Let me ask you this: What high profile FA is going to want to come to a team that is terrible? The answer? None. Mac's past history show's that he will spend that money and his "eye for talent" as you put it has yielded squat. The guys he signed have left more than a little to be desired. Plus it has been proven that the quick fix does not work and we have been through that numerous times in the past. Sorry but throwing money at the mess that is the Jets is going to spell the end for Mac.

and you could be really wrong and the course Mac is taking is correct. People build them selves all up and get upset when they think they know more then the people that are paid to do this. Yes he could be wrong but on the other hand the team could be right and what then.

And what high priced free agent m an limited eyesight he signed Revis and he was considered a high price free agent and the team sucked this his is third draft and his eye for talent is much better the idzicks that should be apparent. Revis at the time was a high proced and valued free agent. they over paid and for one yr it worked. So I think I answered your question if yu pay and in some cases over pay you will get someone. But I would rather build through the draft and not over reach for someone. So far outside of hack who has he really reached for? who has he done a bad job getting via the draft?

I agree a quick fix does not work but there is no evidence outside of you sense of foreboding he is going to sign people next yr which is my entire point. You can say what ever you want and I counter point everything whether you agree or not. I am not trolling I am just showing you have solid evidence to back up what you are saying and trying to pass of as fact

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477937/article/darrelle-revis-new-york-jets-agree-to-terms-on-deal

Maccagnan 's player evaluation really have to be called into question with the Hackenberg pick. And clearly he allowed idiot Bowles to have wwwwwaaaayyyyy too much input this year. Also plausible the lucky sperm club owner allowed Bowles to have such input in this bizzaro organizational chart. Picking a safety in round 1 is not understanding how the draft works. it simply is not a slot ever worthy of the top pick(spare me Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu; great even HoF players but with a team as awful as this a top safety is akin to a Rolls Royce hood ornament on a '72 Dodge Dart; trade freaking down). Picking 2 safeties at the top when your OL, RB and  QB slots are garbage is dereliction. The safety you get in round 4 is not going to be all that much worse than the guy you get in round 1 or 2, fill the other holes. Because the quality of the above premium slots  fall off the cliff in the later rounds.

But Maccagnan is at a clear disadvantage that few other GMs face; the HC reports to the owner, not him. While he as said lovely things about idiot Bowles, he cannot be happy about the failure to run a pro offense with Petty nor not playing Hackenberg at all. He took the job knowing that. Still if Petty or Hackenberg are in fact decent pros being held back by an idiot scared Bowles(within the realm of possibility), we are once again leading the NFL in dysfunction. But one serious demerit; I do not understand the rush to sign McCown. Jets bid against themselves for a guy that should not take a single 2017 snap for a team needing to find out what they have in Petty and Hackenberg. And if they were inclined could've signed him for a whole bunch less after the draft. 

1 hour ago, thadude said:

$20 million guaranteed spent on Ryan Fitzgarbage and Josh McClown.  Did this after using a second round pick on Hackentard

and some Jets still take this guy seriously 

10 meaningless wins in 2015 and the rah rah crowd anointed him the savior of the Jets organization. 

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

10 meaningless wins in 2015 and the rah rah crowd anointed him the savior of the Jets organization. 

Against the softest schedule in the NFL 

Don't worry he'll be gone next January 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Maccagnan 's player evaluation really have to be called into question with the Hackenberg pick. And clearly he allowed idiot Bowles to have wwwwwaaaayyyyy too much input this year. Also plausible the lucky sperm club owner allowed Bowles to have such input in this bizzaro organizational chart. Picking a safety in round 1 is not understanding how the draft works. it simply is not a slot ever worthy of the top pick(spare me Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu; great even HoF players but with a team as awful as this a top safety is akin to a Rolls Royce hood ornament on a '72 Dodge Dart; trade freaking down). Picking 2 safeties at the top when your OL, RB and  QB slots are garbage is dereliction. The safety you get in round 4 is not going to be all that much worse than the guy you get in round 1 or 2, fill the other holes. Because the quality of the above premium slots  fall off the cliff in the later rounds.

But Maccagnan is at a clear disadvantage that few other GMs face; the HC reports to the owner, not him. While he as said lovely things about idiot Bowles, he cannot be happy about the failure to run a pro offense with Petty nor not playing Hackenberg at all. He took the job knowing that. Still if Petty or Hackenberg are in fact decent pros being held back by an idiot scared Bowles(within the realm of possibility), we are once again leading the NFL in dysfunction. But one serious demerit; I do not understand the rush to sign McCown. Jets bid against themselves for a guy that should not take a single 2017 snap for a team needing to find out what they have in Petty and Hackenberg. And if they were inclined could've signed him for a whole bunch less after the draft. 

Clearly this was Todd Bowles's draft.  That is scary

Archived