Jets Rumored to be Interested in Kaepernick

Jetfan13

3 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I don't like it. I just don't think it is a good fit especially on the East Coast with the bad weather. He is highly inaccurate and with the wind at home I just don't like it. I see him in L.A or back up for Bree's until he is gone. I would say Houston but he was never a Bill O'brien type QB. Now Houston got their QB who will be a disaster there especially at 18 million a year. 

Kaep throws bombs. If Fitz can lob passes in the wind, and Pennington can too, Kaep won't have an issue. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pointman said:

Kaep throws bombs. If Fitz can lob passes in the wind, and Pennington can too, Kaep won't have an issue. 

I said he has a great arm it is just his accuracy is terrible and even if he has a great arm the wind would make it sail even more. Kap will be a disaster here. 

I really don't think we are in it to land him. Just a ploy to show Fitzy we aren't sitting down and waiting his mercy. 

About Kap. I don't think he is good at reading defenses. Gailey can still get tons out of him but I don't think he is a good fit for us. 

Just now, sourceworx said:

Agreed.

But say San Fran offered Kaep and their 2nd rounder for Mo.  Do you take it?

Yep.

If they can't sign Mo, and lose him after next year, you just get a late 3.  I'd take an early 2 over that, let alone with Kap who can be cut if need be with no cap hit.

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Agreed.

But say San Fran offered Kaep and their 2nd rounder for Mo.  Do you take it?

I'll take their 1st and Kaep for Mo and a 5th.

He's a backup ******* QB who lost his job to Blaine Gabbert.

Frankly, I don't want anything to do with him because he'd cost us picks. Just sign Tavaris Jackson if you want a QB that makes 1-read and then tucks the ball and runs.

If we do trade for Kaep, Fitz goes to Denver and RG3 goes to the 49ers, Browns draft their QB. If Denver gets Kaep, we get the Fitz and the rest is the same. The worst case scenario is the Browns getting Kaep, that would force Denver and Jets into a bidding war for Fitzpatrick, especially if Denver likes him better than RG3.

As great as Fitz was he wont matvh those numbers this year and next year would be worse.  I wold rather take a chance on a younger QB like Kapp IF IF IF the contracts is restructured and doesn't hurt us.  We could be looking at Kap vs Geno.  If Kap sucks then hopefully Petty is ready next year.

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

If don't land Colin Kaepernick, expect them to inquire about QB Brian Hoyer. They already traded for one QB last year

When the rumors start that we're seriously considering bringing back Sanchez I'll know the Jets spin machine is hitting max rpms...

10 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

When the rumors start that we're seriously considering bringing back Sanchez I'll know the Jets spin machine is hitting max rpms...

don't even joke, that would be incredible and the best thing for us.  he's better than Fitz and would be a fraction of the cost.

11 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Sperm Edwards said I have to neg you...well, no directly he didn't say that. But yeah..

To be honest there are only two teams that I see Fits playing for next year. Denver and us the Jets.  Will John Elway pull the trigger. I say no just because I  don't see him giving the money that Fits wants.  He also knows that the price will be high because the Jets want him back and he fits the Jets better than any other team. Do you think he doesn't have a memory when Fits was with Buffalo and than with Houston. So I just see Fits agent finally realizes that he could get a two year contract from the Jets at about 10 million a year. There is no way anyone giving the contract that Houston gave to a QB at this stage of his career. Also Geno will be cut by the Jets. I could see them bringing in another vet for insurance.

To be honest there are only two teams that I see Fits playing for next year. Denver and us the Jets.  Will John Elway pull the trigger. I say no just because I  don't see him giving the money that Fits wants.  He also knows that the price will be high because the Jets want him back and he fits the Jets better than any other team. Do you think he doesn't have a memory when Fits was with Buffalo and than with Houston. So I just see Fits agent finally realizes that he could get a two year contract from the Jets at about 10 million a year. There is no way anyone giving the contract that Houston gave to a QB at this stage of his career. Also Geno will be cut by the Jets. I could see them bringing in another vet for insurance.

I'd be down for Kaep.  He sucks, but so does every other Qb we're discussing.  Might as well have one that sucks and was still 2 minutes from hoisting the Lombardi.  And he still has huge upside.

Can you really blame him for not thriving in that sh*t show out in San Fran? 

It cracks me up how Jets fan are so easy to write players off.  Especially when it's directly after a season where a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick has the season he had.  Remember the conversations about his limitations and career record before coming to the Jets?  

If he can do it, why cant a far more superior athlete do it?  Let me guess, Harvard, right?  GFY

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I'd be down for Kaep.  He sucks, but so does every other Qb we're discussing.  Might as well have one that sucks and was still 2 minutes from hoisting the Lombardi.  And he still has huge upside.

It cracks me up how Jets fan are so easy to write players off.  Especially when it's directly after a season where a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick has the season he had.  Remember the conversations about his limitations and career record before coming to the Jets?  

If he can do it, why cant a far more superior athlete do it?  Let me guess, Harvard, right?  GFY

It all comes down to the decision making. Fitzpatrick for the most part didn't make bad decisions.. If Kaep makes better decisions he is 200% the better player because he already is the far superior athlete.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

It all comes down to the decision making. Fitzpatrick for the most part didn't make bad decisions.. If Kaep makes better decisions he is 200% the better player because he already is the far superior athlete.

that's just not true, he made bad decisions but w/ Marshall, decker and company they minimized the negative impact of those decisions.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

What decisions was Fitz really asked to make?  Gailey's whole offense is revolved around reducing the thinking by using presnap motion to get certain match ups.  It's a 1 to 2 read offense and get the ball out quick.  Slants and short in's.  All timing.  Very similar to Harbaugh. 

On 3rd down, just heave it up to Marshall.  It worked for Fitz.  

Just now, JiF said:

What decisions was Fitz really asked to make?  Gailey's whole offense is revolved around reducing the thinking by using presnap motion to get certain match ups.  It's a 1 to 2 read offense and get the ball out quick.  Slants and short in's.  All timing.  Very similar to Harbaugh. 

On 3rd down, just heave it up to Marshall.  It worked for Fitz.  

Man, stop making me actually want Kaep.?

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well one issue is compensation, if we can get him as cheap as we got Ftiz fine, but SF wants a high pick and we have teams in competition with us. 

Archived