Jets Rumored to be Interested in Kaepernick

Jetfan13

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

Yeah hoyer made a 40+ yard Hail Mary at the end of the first half against Indy, way out of Fitz's range. Hoyer's mechanics are better in general but you are correct that injuries have been an issue (ACL 2014, concussion 2015) although fitz isn't very durable either 

Can't believe jets fans are taking Hoyer seriously.  He absolutely sucks donkey balls

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

canada-autocorrect

But what's his number at this year? 15mil or something? I would pay that and fcking 3rd pick, let alone a 2nd. 

F-Canada :) 

it's $13M and change. But he's dumpable after this year. Fitz wants that much and more, with guarantees beyond this year.

Then again Fitz doesn't cost a 2nd rounder. I'd like us to keep our 2nd rounder. Unless we were just going to use it on our next bust 2nd round QB anyway lol.

Just now, Sully28 said:

You don't need to break any news to me, I go to WVU watched Petty live, and his games in the big 12 his last year, he's mediocre at best and was awful in Morgantown. I don't think he's any good, but he may surprise me, obviously don't make plans around the guy, that's why you still draft a guy regardless and hope one of the 3 can put it all together. 

.... yet you (and many others) keep saying things like "..and let Petty sit for a year"... as opposed to what? He's so far from seeing the field, he's got a nosebleed. The situation is this: We gonna draft a QB.... and we have 1 viable spot holder with Geno... should we bring in another QB? YES... but the plan is to get the future. FItz has less leverage than he thinks... Or his agent does anyway.

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Yeah hoyer made a 40+ yard Hail Mary at the end of the first half against Indy, way out of Fitz's range. Hoyer's mechanics are better in general but you are correct that injuries have been an issue (ACL 2014, concussion 2015) although fitz isn't very durable either 

Durable enough he missed half a game.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

$13M and change. But he's dumpable after this year. Fitz wants that much and more, with guarantees beyond this year.

Then again Fitz doesn't cost a 2nd rounder. I'd like us to keep our 2nd rounder. Unless we were just going to use it on our next bust 2nd round QB anyway lol.

13 hey?... ehhh. I guess. If the situation is truly that fluid in which we can hire him for 13 mil for 1 year and clean our hands if need be - then Yea. I like that better than paying the beard... but my call to Baalke would end with "i'll give you a 4th. Take it or leave it."

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Can't believe jets fans are taking Hoyer seriously.  He absolutely sucks donkey balls

Perhaps. But the Jets are looking for a veteran stopgap with either him or Fitz, not a multi-year starter. He had 19 TDs and 7 INTs last year, completing almost 61% of his passes before his complete meltdown in the playoffs. But again, he's not being looked upon as the starter who will propel us to the superbowl. Just someone who could go out there so we're not forced into week 1 starting Petty (or a rookie), if he's not ready yet, or Geno.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

13 hey?... ehhh. I guess. If the situation is truly that fluid in which we can hire him for 13 mil for 1 year and clean our hands if need be - then Yea. I like that better than paying the beard... but my call to Baalke would end with "i'll give you a 4th. Take it or leave it."

Problem is I think they can do better than a 4th. Hell, they'd probably just rather keep him themselves at that point. It's not like they have a stable of great QBs there themselves.

Just now, cant wait said:

And he missed 9 games over the previous 2 seasons. Fitz and hoyer are almost interchangeable 

I don't agree. You may have a point on durability but I don't agree on anything else. I just don't understand how people are wanting Hoyer instead of that idiot we have on our roster right now.

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Same here. At that point, just roll with Geno.

I'm going to assume that Geno/Petty/Rookie is the true "plan B" in this scenario and Hoyer hopefully is just their "emergency" backup.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I don't agree. You may have a point on durability but I don't agree on anything else. I just don't understand how people are wanting Hoyer instead of that idiot we have on our roster right now.

Curious on what you're basing that on because the stats support this

Just now, Paradis said:

.... yet you (and many others) keep saying things like "..and let Petty sit for a year"... as opposed to what? He's so far from seeing the field, he's got a nosebleed. The situation is this: We gonna draft a QB.... and we have 1 viable spot holder with Geno... should we bring in another QB? YES... but the plan is to get the future. FItz has less leverage than he thinks... Or his agent does anyway.

I think the best situation for Petty's development is sitting for another year. He does have arm talent, I'd just like to put the kid in the best situation for him to succeed, even though I don't think he's any good. I'm actually okay with seeing what we have with Geno, especially with a talented offense like the one we have now. But I think the Jets would be more successful with Fitz, so I'd like to see us bring him back. But again, I don't see the issue with letting Petty sit another year. No one is saying base all your decisions on the development of the stud that is Petty, but if you could let him sit let him sit, then you have Geno, Petty, Rookie, as potential QB of the future, and hope that one pans out.

Problem is I think they can do better than a 4th. Hell, they'd probably just rather keep him themselves at that point. It's not like they have a stable of great QBs there themselves.

Which is where we come full circle, and back to "not gonna happen". Jets top 2 picks are loaded in the QB revolver.

Do think he gets dealt tho. Too much drama. Kelly and company will be gunning for Goff. Good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Man, stop making me actually want Kaep.?

haha - I'm just saying, it's not the worst situation in the world.  I think Gailey runs a user friendly offense and Kaep has an enormously high ceiling. 

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Sanchez will be cut by the Eagles, go to Denver, and win Back-to-Back-to-Back Super Bowls.

That would just be the cherry on top of my years of Jets fandom. It won't happen, of course, but thank you in advance for the future nightmare I'm sure to have tonight.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That would just be the cherry on top of my years of Jets fandom. It won't happen, of course, but thank you in advance for the future nightmare I'm sure to have tonight.

Well he did make back to back AFCCG's with a excellent Defense..:)

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

haha - I'm just saying, it's not the worst situation in the world.  I think Gailey runs a user friendly offense and Kaep has an enormously high ceiling. 

Agreed kaep can do things none of the available options are capable of

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well one issue is compensation, if we can get him as cheap as we got Ftiz fine, but SF wants a high pick and we have teams in competition with us. 

Fair, I'm just talking in generalities.  I think Kaep might be alright here with these weapons and this offense.  And if he did turn out he flourished here, would you really care what they gave up to get him? 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Gailey is going to get more out of any QB than we expect, because that's his proven track record.

That said, I'm still not about that giving away early round draft picks to get back damaged and/or limited players approach.

I said it yesterday when the reports surfaced that Elway was interested in trading for Kaep.  He could just sign Fitz but instead is prepared to trade pieces to bring in Kaep.  I trust Elways' instincts with Qbs and if he would rather have Kaep over Fitz even after the seasons they both had what does that tell you????   Now FINALLY Mac is at least exploring the possibility of acquiring him.  That gives me much more confidence in our F.O.  I hope he can get this done (for the right package of course).  

Kaep for a conditional 6th is about what I'd offer.

He's been a disaster and is mentally fragile to boot... no thx.

Hoyer?  Brian Hoyer? uhh.. no.

Geno, Petty, and some other vet with a small contract.  Lets do this.

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Who's Mike Silver? Shut up. Sounds like Incarcerated Bob.

lol, who's Mike Silver? Have you heard of Chris Berman? Or George Washington? 

Mike's pretty plugged in on the west coast, more so with players than owners. Wouldn't surprise me if heard straight from the horses mouth. 

Archived